PS3 & Blurays

Tools    

so uhh does the PS3 play blu-rays? i'd be fine with DVD if it had more special features (looking at you 20th century fox..)

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend heavy use. There are cheap blu ray players on the market.

Every now and then? Sure.

Regular viewing? Eh, how much do you like playing PS3 games?

Hong Kong action film buff.
Yes, but I wouldn't recommend heavy use. There are cheap blu ray players on the market.

Every now and then? Sure.

Regular viewing? Eh, how much do you like playing PS3 games?
I like the PS3 games a lot, it's just that we bought the console 4 years ago and it can only play DVD now (I haven't tried it with BluRay yet since I don't own any)

It does. And the PS5 plays 4K discs.

PS3 was my main player back in the day… but it got rid of it a long time ago. Only have a dedicated 4K player now.

You ready? You look ready.
i miss my PS3. never should have sold it. i always get a burr up my ass to play Resistance or Killzone but i ain’t dropping money on a used PS3 to play one or two games. same reason why i won’t buy a PS5.

the PS3 was the default family blu-ray player because at one time it was the best on the market. not so much now

The Bib-iest of Nickels
i miss my PS3. never should have sold it. i always get a burr up my ass to play Resistance or Killzone but i ain’t dropping money on a used PS3 to play one or two games. same reason why i won’t buy a PS5.

the PS3 was the default family blu-ray player because at one time it was the best on the market. not so much now
This isn't on-topic very much, but I recently bought a PlayStation 3 earlier this year because I wanted the chance to buy some video-games I hadn't gotten around to yet and experience old ones with my wife who hadn't played them. The PlayStation Network on the PlayStation 3 end has become completely banana sandwich (pardon my French). I know that what we have now is the compromise between what we wanted and what Sony wanted (to remove PS3 games from listings altogether), but, my God did they work a number on it.

Basically, in-order to buy a PlayStation 3 title nowadays, you can't use the normal means you do with the newer PlayStations, i.e. you can no longer use your debit or credit cards to make a purchase. You have to use funds added to your "Wallet". *However*, it isn't as simple as adding funds to your wallet and then, purchasing them through PlayStation 3. They didn't streamline it in any way or do in favors for this, you have to go to your account on Sony's PlayStation website, allocate funds to your wallet, and then, *remove* all forms of payment options from your account. As in, take off your cards, etc., so that your account is a blank slate other than the money on your wallet. Only then can you make purchases from PlayStation 3's store using your wallet. It doesn't sound as bad as it is, but you have to understand the PSN store for PS3 is now glitchy and malfunction-y, as is the PlayStation Store website - it's clear that they didn't do a whole lot of troubleshooting for this workaround to continue having PS3 games online.

And, afterward, if you want to make purchases on the newer consoles, you will have to add your information again.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
argh, now ye know the terrors of the sea, and that’s why it’s the pirate life for me!

I've, ahem, ... dabbled, but I have never been able to bite the bullet and commit to PC gaming, per se. If the Raspberry Pi ever advances well enough to play PlayStation 3 video-games, and it's sustainable, well then, that will be another story entirely (I do have the most recent Pi model, however).

You ready? You look ready.
There’s the original launch, which are referred to as the fat consoles.

Then the one pictured above is the slim.

And then they also released a super slim model.