Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great

Tools    

Originally Posted by Nitro_69
You don't like shyamalan? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Whoa, looks like you need to get out more often.

Anyway, no, I don't like him and The Village looks like more of the same. I understand Signs' suggestion concerning complex design and even found the detail of how everything was set up for Gibson's character to vanquish the aliens to be an interesting feature. Pheonix's performance was solid as well, and I'm glad that he seems to be in a larger role in Shyamalan's next one.

The movie was intriguing for a while until it fell into the same old techniques of its genre and revealed a hole-ridden plot that never transcended the movie and effected my life the way it desperately tried to. Same goes for Unbreakable and Sixth Sense, which I saw through quickly.

But that's just my opinion.

I though it was perfect.

Well I have to agree with you about "unbreakable".It has been a long time since I have seen it but I remember it was awsome in it's presentation,direction,acting but WHAT DOES IT MEEN?I was pretty dissapointed, just sitting there wondering what the point of it was.I saw that the plot wasn't really constructed that good because it doesn't really leed anywhere so I began thinking it might just have a strong hidden theme or subtext(like "A Clockwork Orange") so I looked deeper into it watching it again and still no Ideas surfaced in my mind.So if someone can help put things in order for me I would be greatly pleased.not shyamalan's best flick.that and stuart little. However I am happy that he turned down "Harry potter 3" and did his own film "The village".

In the Beginning...
Well I have to agree with you about "unbreakable".It has been a long time since I have seen it but I remember it was awsome in it's presentation,direction,acting but WHAT DOES IT MEEN?
Unbreakable is about the birth of a superhero. It's not meant to be a flashy superhero movie like Spiderman, because the character isn't a flashy superhero. He's more of a "hero's hero", if you will - he goes out every night to fight injustice and evil tooth and nail, because he can. Not everyone can just go out and batter criminals, and take a beating like he can. As the story unfolds, he realizes that doing just that is his ultimate life purpose, and the pain he feels in his heart lifts only when he's out doing his heroic duty.

The last sequence beginning with David entering the train station and ending with David returning home and joining his wife in bed - it's one of the best sequences I've ever seen in a film. Ever.

There is so much more I could say about this film. It's not without its flaws, because it does run kinda slow. But it's no less fantastic.

You don't like shyamalan? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Did you actually understand "Signs" and what it was about? The alien invasion is just the background while the movie deals with..well.."SIGNS" , and how strange events in our lives are not by coincidence, everything happens for a reason.I thought it was perfect.

BTW "the village" is coming out soon I can't wait.
i understood Signs just like i understood Lost in Translation. In both, the meaning of the movie is rather blatent but the story they try to cover it with absolutely blows. i could march elephants through the plot holes.

My List:

All Star Wars
Spiderman
Hannibal
Second Matrix
Pirates of the Caribbean
Signs
ET
Finding Nemo
Unbreakable

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
everyone has always made this big hooha about star wars but i thought it was poo, it was too confusing and then the prequels confused me even more

You ready? You look ready.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I just plain don't enjoy them. And Im not going to however much people say they are pivotal in film history, I still dont be liking them

Originally Posted by Philmster
Second Matrix
Did you see the third? I haven't talked to anybody who didn't like the second one but did like the third.

I haven't seen the third and have absolutely no intentions on seeing it, I just really couldn't care less about what happens in it.

Matrix 2 was great visuals but they just lost me as far as the story was in consideration. They started thinking that it would be another Star trek Phenomenon whcih has goine for decades now or another Star Wars fanworld created. They just took themselves too seriously.

I have not seen Matrix 3 and probably never will. Except the chance that it happends to be only in-flight entertainment available.

I picked it up on DVD, and I've already whiped much of the experience from my mind. Talk about insipid and pointlessly cruel.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

There are those who call me...Tim.
The Smith's Vs Neo fight in Reloaded could've been a classic if it hadn't been slowed down all the time. It just ruined the pace. I liked the freeway scene though.
I hated Revolutions though. Too many special effects, Smith laughed like a mad man in one scene, the fight scenes were dull, and the Zion Vs Sentinels fight made my eyes sore.

And this is my BOOMstick!
"Signs." I hate that movie so very, very much. Why can't everyone just realize how much it sucks?

And this is my BOOMstick!
How am I irritating? Isn't this thread about movies that you hate, but everyone else seems to like? I said I hated signs, and you getting pissed at me. Geez, read the thread name before you post in it.

You're still irritating me.

Actually, it's because a number of your posts have been, "You're idiots for liking this!" That grates on my nerves. Have fun alienating yourself, tho'.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You're still irritating me.

Actually, it's because a number of your posts have been, "You're idiots for liking this!" That grates on my nerves. Have fun alienating yourself, tho'.
I agree with you 100%, Slay. I mean the title of this thread is "Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great" not "Tell everybody what movies they should hate."