Movie title wanted: plot = white boy growing up among African tribe?

Tools    

I'm looking for the name of a movie or 2-part miniseries with the following plot ingredients:

-white boy is found by an African tribe (with red clothes) (pretty sure)
-I'm uncertain whether the mother was killed or the boy was abonded as a kid
-boy grows up but during some fight with local kids is left for dead on the savannah (pretty sure)
-boy kills leopard and wears skin (pretty sure)
-boy is adopted by another tribe (with blue clothes)
-there is a scene were the boy has to grab a snake from a basket as an acceptance test by the new tribe (pretty sure)
-new tribe and old tribe go to war (not sure)

I saw this movie in the early 80s (definitely pre-1986) on Dutch TV, but I'm guessing it could have been made as early as the late 70s. Pretty sure it was not Dutch language, though I can't remember any dialogue.

After doing some more research, it seems that the movie I'm looking for is a cross-over between Shaka Zulu (which I didn't see until many years after it came out), The John Ross Story: An African Adventure (came out in 1987, never seen, 13-part series) and Sheena (which I haven't seen).

Any help is welcome!

This movie kind of matches that description... not all the points though. Perhaps The Emerald Forest?

This movie kind of matches that description... not all the points though. Perhaps The Emerald Forest?
Sounds like a nice one, but I'm 100% sure my movie played in Africa.