This Whole Bird Flu Thing

Tools    

Originally Posted by Yoda
Birds can't get the flu; that's crazy!

Is that Urkel?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Is that Urkel?
Hmmm.. No, it looks like some kind of parrot to me.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

May The Forks be With Us
ATTENTION!!!
SCIENTISTS HAVE DISCOVERED 5 MAGOR SYPMTOMS OF THE BIRD FLU
IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEADIETLY(can't spell)
1. Headache
2. Soar throat
3. Stomach ache
4. Stuffy nose
5. The urge to go crap on your neighbors car

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

May The Forks be With Us
Originally Posted by nebbit
I have all of those

I am basically hoping it will be as dramatic for the West as SARS was. I do realise that many people suffered due to this infection, I am not implying that it was not a big deal, but it was exaggerated....it was supposed to be a real danger and was broadcast as such by the media.

All across the UK health professionals received specific training for dealing with this disease, which thankfully, never took hold over here.

I am hoping the avian flu of the year - H5N1 will have the same result.

I am also agreeing with alot of what Samsonite and Piddzilla are saying. We have to have some level of preparation for what may happen, but we need to sort out the diseases of the present which are killing millions. Diseases which we have the actual cure for or at least instigate more health promotion decreasing the occurance of preventable diseases.

On BBC's watchdog, they were interviewing a man who has a company that were advertising tea which cures bird flu...no scientific proof exists that it helps a runny nose, never mind bird flu, but its price had increased from around £9 to £12 a batch, and had an increase in demand. The cashing in has begun already.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Ophelia
The cashing in has begun already.
And the silly hysteria. This winter's batch of flu jabs has apparantly nigh-on run out in the UK coz everyone's asking for jabs (and possibly trying to get their parakeets some too ).

Originally Posted by The Blister Exists
apparantly Sauerkraut (forgive my spelling) has properties that kill the bird flue virus according to the papers today......
Does this means that the Germans are going to rule the world?

Who want's to buy my lucky used underpants?
Start the bidding at 50 pence

Originally Posted by Golgot
And the silly hysteria. This winter's batch of flu jabs has apparantly nigh-on run out in the UK coz everyone's asking for jabs (and possibly trying to get their parakeets some too ).
Choosing an injection over a week off work? Thats not like the Brits at all!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by 7thson
Does this means that the Germans are going to rule the world?
Nah, i think it's the Malaysian's turn .

Originally Posted by Ophelia
Choosing an injection over a week off work? Thats not like the Brits at all!

Originally Posted by Tea Barking
Who want's to buy my lucky used underpants?
Start the bidding at 50 pence
I bid you to put 'em back on. We don't want any other outbreaks of strange diseases .