Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

I totally agree that everyone respects Mike.

Yep definitely needing a rewatch. I thought the look on his face when they were putting Vic in the barrel was at how inept those two were. I like your theory better.
Yeah, try rewatching sometime and see if you can see what I'm talking about.

I think I remember hearing Banks or Gilligan in the past (one or both of them--can't remember) talking about how Mike loved Jesse like a son. I felt that before I ever heard any input from them.

If Mike has a capacity to care that much about Jesse, he could care about his other crew members as well. Either way, I think Jesse was his number 1, though. I think he saw a lot of his son in Jesse and felt an urge to "save" him which is something he was unable to accomplish with his real son. He constantly urged Jesse to take his money and leave town. Plus, he saved Jesse from the sniper.

I felt very sorry for Jesse--he desperately yearned for a father figure because his own wanted nothing to do with him. He imprinted on Walt first but Walt treated him like such ***** that Jesse felt pushed away. He then did the same to Mike (however, much more cautiously) and Mike gave him a tough love approach but in the RIGHT way and in a way that his own parents never could for him.

I believe that a large part of the reason why Jesse refused to kill Gus after so many opportunities to do so as, in part, because he ENJOYED being a PART of something. He was respected and taken care of by Mike and was slowly becoming admired by Gus. Jesse yearned for a "family" unit and felt abandoned by his own.

When those doctors were hauling Gus inside, Jesse dragged Mike along, screaming for medical attention for him. Mike saved Jesse and then Jesse ended up saving Mike. Their relationship was sealed at that point.

You know Mike respects a person when said person is able to subdue him. That's why Jesse as able to calm Mike down when he stood between him and Walt out in that desert, saying: "If you shoot him, you're going to have to shoot me, too."

Mike then said: "Oh...JESSE..." and lowered his gun, unable to proceed.

It was sad watching Mike say his final goodbyes to Jesse and Jesse acting like he wanted to keep in touch.

I think that Mike saw a lot of himself in Jesse: bogged down by tragic losses and problems in the past and yearning for reason to go on living.

In many ways, Mike may be my favorite character. Mike, Jesse and Jimmy are my top favorites. All three essentially good people who were dealt a BAAAAAD hand in life.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I loved the relationship between Mike and Jesse. Totally different to the way I viewed the relationships between Walt and Jesse. So sad he never got closure about Mike. I think that was the final straw for me and no coming back for Walt, the bastard.

Whenabouts were we thinking?
I think sean said he's already watched the pilot and will post the thread in the next day or two. I'm going to watch the pilot shortly.

Whenabouts were we thinking?
If you mean the rewatch, I will get the thread up by tomorrow night. Although if someone else wants to lead the charge feel free. I started last night, but just watched the pilot.

If you mean the rewatch, I will get the thread up by tomorrow night. Although if someone else wants to lead the charge feel free. I started last night, but just watched the pilot.
Happy to wait for you, sean. Tally ho.

OMG just realised how much I miss Hank.

I loved the relationship between Mike and Jesse. Totally different to the way I viewed the relationships between Walt and Jesse. So sad he never got closure about Mike. I think that was the final straw for me and no coming back for Walt, the bastard.
Watching BCS only makes me hate Walt more.

Also, if you ask me, Mike seemed far too inteligent to ever be outsmarted by Walt. I get the whole "Walt's ego made him unpredictable" bit but Mike knew better than to EVER turn his back to Walter White. I just feel that Gilligan really dropped the ball with Mike's final scene with Walt. Mike is far too smart for that.

Watching BCS only makes me hate Walt more.

Also, if you ask me, Mike seemed far too inteligent to ever be outsmarted by Walt. I get the whole "Walt's ego made him unpredictable" bit but Mike knew better than to EVER turn his back to Walter White. I just feel that Gilligan really dropped the ball with Mike's final scene with Walt. Mike is far too smart for that.

Yes to both of those comments, but I think Villigan did it to really turn the audience against him. He always said something was going to happen to finally make everyone hate him. I didnt hate him as such but I sure wanted to take a pipe to his head.

OK, serenity now. Walt giving me violent desires disturbs me.

Now that we're talking about Jesse, I don't remember this scene either

OMG just parking this thought here so I can remember when the group watch thread goes up. Just started the BrBa pilot. It was there ll along and I never realised it. Walt was a sociopath from the get go just waiting to break out. Will elaborate in the new thread but reminded me of a convo I had with my eldest bro about this show. His wife asked what happened to make him break bad. He said nothing - it was always there. What an a-hole. Cant believe I never noticed before, even in rewatches.

Dayum I love those cold opens.

and parking this here incase I forget

And back to Saul, @dteam. Do you think another favourite will appear? I'm hoping so

@Dani8 : yeah, that's right, I would like to join
I started watching BrB for 5 mins last week and the first image was very impressive (a floating pant flying over the sky ). Then someone called me and I was off.
I would continue now, last week was just so crazily busy for me.
Have you watched it yet @Elessar? The pants you will see again but not for a while. Little things like that usually come back at some stage. The pants return towards the end in a blink and you'll miss it scene.

Not yet, Dani, I had an unexpected guest til now, will catch up with you guys soon.
The image of the pant have stayed in my mind longer than it should have

Not yet, Dani, I had an unexpected guest til now, will catch up with you guys soon.
The image of the pant have stayed in my mind longer than it should have
Great scene. The cinematography in this is just stunning, and I so want to see the desert in New mexico.Moved to BB rewatch thread.

Emmys for best writing

http://www.goldderby.com/article/201...drama-writing/

I actually have no idea how they vote at the emmys but my money is on this writing team.

Hope saul is good for 4th july festivities, Muricanos.

@Yoda further to your comment the other day

Then there’s Chuck, whom many consider the Skyler White of Better Call Saul. Except while Skyler was actually in the right most of the time, reasonably expecting her husband to stop putting their family in danger, Chuck is insufferably vain.
http://screenrant.com/better-call-sa...for-the-devil/

So I walked past this on my way home from work today.
Yep, it's official. Odenkirk confirmed it in a recent interview. McKean had confirmed it earlier on.

Makes sense. The path to Saul Goodman requires Chuck to be out of the picture. Thing is--I never expected death for him--I expected Jimmy to finally and ultimately commit him. Oh, well--this makes it much worse for Jimmy and may even help explain how Jimmy ends up to a point where he can recommend hits on people as Saul Goodman. It all makes sense now--he will become broken and disillusioned in life after his brother's death.

He will feel responsible to some degree and will abide by Chuck's wish to "be who you are". He will progressively stop caring about the things he once cared about and will eventually see himself as a bad guy. He will take on the mantel of Saul Goodman both as a way to "satisfy" his brother's dying wish as well as a form of self-punishment and also as a cocoon.

In his hell of Saul Goodman he will find both self-punishment as well as a safe haven.

I believe that Jimmy and Hamlin will go to war in Season 4 as Jimmy looks to lay the blame on Hamlin. Warning shots have already been fired this recent season. It's on like Donkey Kong for those two.

I believe that Jimmy will win the battle but lose the war (losing Kim). This is what I believe will finally drive Kim away--she still respects Howard and will be angry with Jimmy for what he does.

So I walked past this on my way home from work today.
You've given me an idea--maybe we should all write our own epitaphs for Chuck's tombstone. Could be fun!