Hey you! Yes, you

Tools    

Hey movie enthusiasts!

I'm Rui, I'm from Portugal and I'm a Psychology student.

While navigating through the internet looking for movie websites i accidentally found this one and let me tell you, it's an amazing one so far.

I love watching movies, mostly the classical ones, before all the special effects and technology started (don't get me wrong, love it as well) that rely solely on a good plot. Truth be told whatever the genre, if it's good, it's good.

Some directors that make me feel good just by knowing it's their movie, Hitchcock, Kubrick, Coppola and more recently with Christopher Nolan, Tarantino and others. The Godfather is my favorite movie (and trilogy), love The Usual Suspects, The Sixth Sense and so many more.
Occasionally I also enjoy watching a good animated movie.

Last movies I saw was The Lives of Others, so amazingly done and Hell or High Water, a great movie as well.

Hope I can become an integrative active member and learn from all of you!

Hello Rui! Welcome to Movie Forums.

The Lives of Others is a masterpiece, and one of my all-time favorite movies. Great choice.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, feel free to message me or one of the other mods. Or just ask our regulars: they're eager to help.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hi. There are a couple of other posters here from your neck of the woods. Portugal is definitely on my travel list.

Hello Rui! Welcome to Movie Forums.

The Lives of Others is a masterpiece, and one of my all-time favorite movies. Great choice.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, feel free to message me or one of the other mods. Or just ask our regulars: they're eager to help.
Thank you very much Yoda!

I think so too, so beautifully done it hurts not to be recognized by everyone.

Hi. There are a couple of other posters here from your neck of the woods. Portugal is definitely on my travel list.
Really? Good to know I'm not the only portuguese person around here
You should visite, it's one of the best countries to visit with great weather, people, museums, monuments, beaches etc etc

Welcome Rui, hope you enjoy it here!
Nice image

Thank you very much Chypmunk!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I have a real life friend in Agave. Looks stunning. We've never met but spoken a lot on the phone and the net. He breeds dogs with lines from my dogs' breeder which is how we got to know each other. He's also in the Lusitano team. STUNNING horses.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hi, Rui! Just be careful telling us you're a psychology student. A lot of the regulars might start messing with your head in some of the other threads. We're a rather snarky bunch, but in a great, fun way. Don't take us too seriously. You're already fitting right in! Welcome!!

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Ola Rui.

Welcome to the MoFo.

Also from Portugal. You are the second Tuga I met here.

I have a real life friend in Agave. Looks stunning. We've never met but spoken a lot on the phone and the net. He breeds dogs with lines from my dogs' breeder which is how we got to know each other. He's also in the Lusitano team. STUNNING horses.
Algarve is the best tourist place to visit and to spend some time relaxing and enjoying the weather (mostly in Summer).
Very cool Dani8! You might be able to speak some portuguese after a while

Hi, Rui! Just be careful telling us you're a psychology student. A lot of the regulars might start messing with your head in some of the other threads. We're a rather snarky bunch, but in a great, fun way. Don't take us too seriously. You're already fitting right in! Welcome!!
They couldn't even if they tried
No but seriously, I'm sure you're all eager to mess with the younger members, in a fun way of course Thank you very much Austruck!

Howdy Rui, welcome to MoFo Town. Where the streets are filled with movie theaters and film critics hang out in the local salon. Mighty pleased to have you here!
I'm the one pleased to find this fantastic town and be welcomed by its members. Thank you very much Citizen Rules!

Ola Rui.

Welcome to the MoFo.

Also from Portugal. You are the second Tuga I met here.
Olá Little Devil!
Glad to see I'm not alone and that there's more of us here

That title got me well. Welcome Rui to MoFo
Eheh I'll be dammed
Thank you very much tatmmw2!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
WELCOME!!!

hope you find a home here!

See ya around

Hey movie enthusiasts!

I'm Rui, I'm from Portugal and I'm a Psychology student.

While navigating through the internet looking for movie websites i accidentally found this one and let me tell you, it's an amazing one so far.

I love watching movies, mostly the classical ones, before all the special effects and technology started (don't get me wrong, love it as well) that rely solely on a good plot. Truth be told whatever the genre, if it's good, it's good.

Some directors that make me feel good just by knowing it's their movie, Hitchcock, Kubrick, Coppola and more recently with Christopher Nolan, Tarantino and others. The Godfather is my favorite movie (and trilogy), love The Usual Suspects, The Sixth Sense and so many more.
Occasionally I also enjoy watching a good animated movie.

Last movies I saw was The Lives of Others, so amazingly done and Hell or High Water, a great movie as well.

Hope I can become an integrative active member and learn from all of you!
Welcome, Rui! I'm rather new myself. This board is quite relaxing, to be honest.

Welcome to the forum! I like your taste in films.

Thank you very much CosmicRunaway!
I like yours too

Good to have another Hitch fan here!
He's such a misunderstood genius. Glad I'm not the only admire of his work!

WELCOME!!!

hope you find a home here!

See ya around
Thank you very much edarsenal! I'm sure I'll feel at home

Welcome, Rui! I'm rather new myself. This board is quite relaxing, to be honest.
I've noticed, quite new and famous around here
Thank you very much and welcome to Movie Forums dteam6, I'm sure you'll find it more relaxing as time goes by.

I never mention movies or see the movies of new member's favorites, maybe because I don't like movies at all

(The MoFo forum be like)
Gee, you caught me
But we shall keep it a secret!
But seriously, how can anyone not enjoy a good movie every now and then? Not saying like most people here who probably are addicted to it and love it but enjoy the occasional movie

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Hi Rui! Welcome to the forum. We've gotten a increased number of newcommers here lately, which is awesome! Hopefully most of you will hang around and shoot the breeze awhile. This is a very welcoming place (talking as a relative newcommer myself) and you'll probably find that someone will talk about almost anything here, so whatever your specific interest is, I think we'll be able to accomondate it. To wit, Yoda recently launched a new feature called clubs; for now it's mostly director oriented, and it so happens that we have a Hitchcock club. We're strarting a series of movies to watch/discuss in a few days, so feel free to stop by and have a look.

Last movies I saw was The Lives of Others
That is a brilliant film. It's one of those films that's so good the first time round you don't feel the need to rewatch . I bet it's about 8 years since I saw it.