Dead Man's Shoes

→ in
Tools    

the only hayward man will ever need
any thoughts on this film. has america had the opportunity to see it?

if you havent got it in America, i urge you to.

anyway: thoughts please...
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I felt like destroying something beautiful." - Tyler Durden

The People's Republic of Clogher
Fantastic film, best British movie for 10 years at least: My thoughts

Just caught this today on Netflix Watch Now. WHat a great film, and I checked you writeup Tac and you are spot on, this is a must watch. I was so tookin by one of the scences in this film. Here it is on youtube and although it is not really spolierish you might want to watch what leads up to it before taking a look.

The first part of the clip is good, but the next scene in it is just totally
amazing.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Aye, it's great isn't it? Considine and Kebbell steal the show but every time I watch it I'm amazed at what a good job Gary Stretch does, especially when you consider his other acting work. Don't think he was even first choice for the role.

This thread reminds me I still need to see this flick.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Indeed you do, it's a great film... Though I think it broke me when I saw it. I've only seen it the once and I'm not in a hurry to see it again at the moment. I was totally unprepared for it.