The MoFo Westerns List

→ in
Tools    

I think lots of people wait until the last minute, but we shall see soon enough.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Sent my list in. I didn't watch as many as I would have liked to, but I'm happy with the ones on my list. Looking forward to the countdown!

List is in. Partial only. I would love to send a full list but I also know myself well enough that for the time being I can't guarantee any new watches before Friday. I will soon go back to work and I also have a HoF to finish.

Western ain't my strong genre either. I do love them, but I haven't seen all too many. I hope this list will leave some good ones to watch in the future for me.

I think lots of people wait until the last minute, but we shall see soon enough.
I seem to recall that when I hosted the 1930s Countdown that people did indeed wait until literally the last minute. I bet you'll get a bunch more list in the next few days.

Long before it was fashionable and mandated by health organizations this genre was strong on social distancing and facial coverings. Westerns: they're not just good, they're good FOR you.

Now we are quickly up to twenty-one ballots received and tabulated. The first film has broken the 300-point barrier and two others are just behind it at 299 and 297. Eighteen titles already have at least 100 points and 179 different flicks have tallied at least one vote.

Whoops, sorry. For those who saw the accidental preview of the poster I am working on, I didn't mean to actually unveil it yet. Not here. Work in progress.

So keep quiet.

I am not even sure I have seen 25 Westerns. I probably have. I might have to see my IMDB watchlist. Whatever it is, my first will probably be a parody not a true Western, Blazing Saddles.

Would High Noon qualify? Or Buster Scruggs?

Anyway, every time I think something like that (have I seen X movies from the 1920s, or whatever), I Google examples of the best films from a genre or era and always end up going "ohhhh, yeah, I've seen plenty." Just not as many as I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh... I breezed through the original post, so I thought I have to submit 25.

I am not even sure I have seen 25 Westerns. I probably have. I might have to see my IMDB watchlist. Whatever it is, my first will probably be a parody not a true Western, Blazing Saddles.

Would High Noon qualify? Or Buster Scruggs?

Definitely. Refer back to the first couple posts of this thread. It gets into some of the eligibility issues and may even give you some suggestions to jog your memory, but suffice to say that even if you are not a hardcore Western fan I'll wager you can still find at least ten qualifying films that you do like.

By the way, I have already received two ballots with less than twenty-five films. One was fifteen films, the other eighteen. Their #1 choice gets twenty-five points just like everybody else's. They just don't get points beyond, in these two cases, eleven and eight points.

I was once upon a time. But somehow just fell out of it. Probably when I moved back to Dallas just fell out of it. Texas is hot enough, I didn't need the blazing sun to come out of the TV Screen. Or maybe I just over did it, just watched too many back to back!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Technically my list is done, but I have two westerns on my DVR that I want to watch before I submit my list. But I'll have it in before the deadline even if I have to edit my list to add one or both movies.

Anyway, every time I think something like that (have I seen X movies from the 1920s, or whatever), I Google examples of the best films from a genre or era and always end up going "ohhhh, yeah, I've seen plenty." Just not as many as I can think of off the top of my head.
I read that as "have I seen x-rated movies from the 1920s" and I thought Yoda's being awfully revealing here. I did, however, take the time to read the post a second time.

Just to be clear, do we have until midnight on the 15th to submit our lists? Because if so I could possibly squeeze in an extra 4 movies, but if it's by the 15th, so midnight the 14th, then that's one day less to squeeze movies in.