Napolean Dynamite

→ in
Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I didn't see any Teenie boppishness in it..... I just thought it was an extremely entertaining movie.

Fortune befriends the bold.
Well, I guess I meant it may appeal more to the younger crowd, maybe 10-21. I see you saw Dog Soldiers, was that the one with werewolves and the cow that flew into the scene out of no where? That was a cool scene and the movie was pretty good.
Twist

Originally Posted by MysticalMoose
I am so confused on why so many people liked this movie. For a week I heard from all females "Oh my god! Did you see napolean dynamite?". My response: "What the hell is napolean dynamite?". So I paid my lost 6 dollars and saw the movie. For a comedy its a shame that a man rarely cracks a smile. My standards are set high of course, but honestly, does anyone else know that this movie even exists, and if so, enjoyed it?

I liked ND because it was like watching someones real life. There were no special effects, no glamorous models, nothing flashy. For a while I forgot I was watching a movie and not someones real life.

Watching ND is like watching an autobiography if you were the nerd at school, or like watching the biography of the nerd who's life you made hell. And you actually see he's a nice guy and feel a bit bad for all the things you did to him.

Everyone likes ND cos it feels so real. You rarely get that feeling these days. Yes there were times I thought, 'Is there a point to this movie'? And really, there was no plot throughout the movie. It didn't follow the traditional 'build up/suspense/shock' rules. The point of the movie only becomes apparent in the last 10 minutes, and you walk away thinking, was all that really necessary to prove a mundane point...yet at the same time you walk away feeling.....did that just really happen (in an oh my god that was great kinda way)? I think it gives the latter feeling because it doesn't really end does it? And the song at the end is so classic it just leaves you with that feeling. I shed a tear at the end to be honest.

Im gonna go buy this now and sit all my friends in a row on the floor in front of the tele and make em watch it.

Fortune befriends the bold.
Heidigrl, that was a killer post. Very well put and I think you are right. Have Fun Twist

Napoleon Dynamite.... the uniquely-funny, one of a kind, and virtually plotless movie that took 23-or-so days to film. For its short filming, this was actually a quite hysterical piece of work.
And even though one can get tired of the pointless quotes of Naploeon spreading through a normal conversation, the actor, John Heder, had the exact amount of Talent for the role.

Originally Posted by Tomcattwist
Heidigrl, that was a killer post. Very well put and I think you are right. Have Fun Twist
Thanks very much. Im not good at doing reviews or getting my thoughts across, but I found it particularly easy on this one cos as I said, it was just very real...

It hasn't been released in the UK yet, I saw it on an airplane heading to America a few weeks ago. I cant wait for its release here...even if only on DVD....

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Watched ND at the weekend.... thought the film was superb. laughed all the way through, especially at the part where the theme from The A-Team was playing.

Can anyone tell me the name of the song Napoleon dances to at the end and who sings it, that would be super!

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Wait!
Wasn't it a Micheal Jackson song? I can't remember...
Nope. It was Canned Heat, by Jamiroquai. Yep. After I looked it up I remember my mom saying that's who it was...

Ya,i found out that it was Jamiroquai, thanks for the help though.

I thought some of you might get a kick out of the fact that I am learning the Napoleon dance sequence for a party this saturday. It was not my choice to do this but I think it will be halarious none the less, IDIOT!

yeah, i loved the part when he was telling his brother... or whatever he was... ND was telling his girlfriend that he is learning to dance, and he just chuggs back the drink and spills it down his face... that image just made me laugh alone.

Originally Posted by scissorhands85
Can anyone tell me the name of the song Napoleon dances to at the end and who sings it, that would be super!

Its called The Promise by When in Rome - took me ages to find out!

Ta
H

Originally Posted by scissorhands85

Oops sorry, I thought you meant the one at the very end when he is doing the ball game with the girl.. yes its canned heat, jamiroquai

thanks heidigrl, welcome to MoFo

Lets put a smile on that block
I saw this film when iw as in the States a couple of months back. We went in to watch it having no idea what it was about...and we were suprised. it was funny, but it felt like it could have been so much more funny as a comedy sketch or a show, not a feature length film. I also found it drained me a bit. Is this film a spinoff from a comedy sketch somewhere?

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I also found it drained me a bit. Is this film a spinoff from a comedy sketch somewhere?
Not that I know of.
I thought it was very sincere and unique. It look like the writers of this movie are pretty new at this whole writing/directing thing and I'd say this was a pretty good start. I look forward to seeing more from them.

Do you know my poetry?
Napolean Dynamite was decent, at best. I thought many of Napolean's dumb characteristics weren't very funny, but I did find myself enjoying the second half of the film very much. It wasn't a great film by any means, but it sure was a fun film.

B-

Watched this one last night and thought I'd resurrect the old thread now that it's on DVD.

Jon Heder stars as the tether ball smashing, moon boot wearing, Napoleon Dynamite, a geeky individual who proves once and for all that every dork has his day and that life is difficult, especially for the tragically unique. Our hero’s life is composed of a series of quirky episodic adventures involving friends and family that can only be described as being unlike anything you’ve ever seen before and a must see for anyone looking for something a little different.