Marvel's Venom in the Works

Tools    

"Like a turd

In the cinema"
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Venom trailer #2

This is the part where I say, "this trailer is using unfinished SFX...".

Phew. I'm still on board, but some of that stuff is looking ruff.
Ehhh, Hogan did it better.

Suburban Commando > Venom

Having a read online of what happened.

Badly edited is one of the universal complaints.

They've been trying for a while to possibly get the movie tied into the MCU.
I think what's happened is that the studio suits took the finished movie, and edited it to try and fit a tone that would work with the MCU.

When will the suits learn that they can't make movies?
A studio suit's job is to pay for a movie to be made. They're account managers, not filmmakers or editors.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Luckily, I think I have talked myself out of having to see this. I'm trying to think of any splotches on Hardy's resume. The man that did Taboo and Locke...I think this whole performance was cgi.

Good. Maybe this will put a nail in the coffin for the never-ending Marvel/DC Comics superhero/anti-superhero genre.

In other words, enough with this sh*t already
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Welcome to the human race...
You guys clearly had a very different set of expectations for this movie than I did. It was never going to be the dark and mature comic book movie we needed (and how badly do we even need that anyway?) nor was it ever going to be so thunderingly awful that it'll sink the genre completely. By all accounts, it's the exact kind of mediocrity that we'll have forgotten about by the time it hits DVD.

I'm not sure making it more violent (I.E: "Mature"--'quote-on-quote') would've made it any better. Wasn't this suppose to be R-rated film to capitalize off the success of Logan?

Look at 'Spawn' and all the 'Blade' films, if you think making something "R" benefits capesh*t.

I would've thought Blade was one of the better examples of how to do an R-rated superhero, though. At least it doesn't feel like it has something to prove (which is definitely a problem that affects damn near every other R-rated superhero movie).

I understand the bipolar reviews on this. Critics hate it, but audience scores are high. I thought the tone was confusing, but it was still enjoyable. I wish they would've taken the darker route instead of throwing humor in at so many odd moments, but maybe that's how the comic is(?). I liked it better than Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, which I saw earlier this week.

It's strange. I'm wondering, if the apparent gender portrayals were reversed, would these anti-"SJWs" complain as much?

Apparently I'm part of the problem for not noticing when all the female characters in (for example) The Last Jedi, were all held up as perfect, beacons of good, while all the men were unstable and total failures (despite Rose taking part in a horrendous, and embarrassingly failed mission, alongside a black dude.) It wouldn't have mattered to me if Holdo and Poe had different genders, or they were the same sex. Is there something wrong with the fact that, while I was watching the film, I thought: "Wow, that hot-shot pilot is kinda over the top. Holy sh*t, this new Admiral is now giving that reckless pilot a harm time. I'm wondering how this will turn out." Instead of "OMFG Hollywood has gone full SJW trying to delegitimize males by putting them all in a negative light!"

I never noticed any of "this" before, nor do I care now that I do now. There's more important things to focus on during a story. I'm comfortable enough in my own masculinity that I don't get threatened by strong female characters.

I've seen it and it's not really that awful but definitely left an aftertaste that I'm itching to see the Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse movie immediately.

$80 mil

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I've seen it and it's not really that awful but definitely left an aftertaste that I'm itching to see the Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse movie immediately.
Seems like we’ve been fooled by the critics again. The opposite situation occurred with the last Jedi - critical praise, public condemnation. Here though critics have trash canned venom although the masses are liking it. When it comes to DVD I’ll rent it.

Maybe you should wait until you have actually seen it and judged it on its own terms rather than immediately try to fold it into some inane critics-just-want-to-fool-us narrative that'll just make you look stupid if you actually end up disliking the movie instead.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Maybe you should wait until you have actually seen it and judged it on its own terms rather than immediately try to fold it into some inane critics-just-want-to-fool-us narrative that'll just make you look stupid if you actually end up disliking the movie instead.
Calm down, I was merely commenting on the contrast between user reviews and critic reviews - as way apparent with TLJ. The conclusion is that I’d consider seeing the film rather than it being good or not. However if I don’t like it...so be it.