The First Avenger: Captain America

Tools    

Movie Forums Extra
I'm by far the most excited for this movie this summer. I think it's going to be epic and GL looks like it's a disaster!

The new trailer looks AWESOME!

July 22 can't get here fast enough for me!

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
The new trailer looks AWESOME!

July 22 can't get here fast enough for me!

Agree. Cap was always my favorite superhero growing up and the old, poorly done Captain America movies with their cheap special effects always disappointed me. This version looks awesome and seems like it will be continuing Marvel's line en route to The Avengers which I'm looking forward to as well. DC is trying to do the same, but Green Lantern is a mess. Here's hoping that Captain America is as good as advertised. I mean, how cool does Hugo Weaving look as Red Skull?

Originally Posted by cinemablend.com
Captain America Will Lose His Name In Russia And South Korea

We’ve heard rumblings almost since it first started filming that Captain America: The First Avenger might have to change its title for release in less America-friendly international regions. At first word was that Marvel Studios might drop “Captain America” and simply release it as The First Avenger everywhere outside the United States, but the good news here is that it’ll keep its full title most places.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Capta...rea-25531.html

follow me on www.twitter.com/beforeyouwatch
I honestly can not wait for this movie. Does any one know what the next Marvel superhero movie will be after this one? Doesn't look like there are any more this year right?

I like Xmen and Thor was just OK.
If Captain America falls in between those then we should be satisfied.

I honestly can not wait for this movie. Does any one know what the next Marvel superhero movie will be after this one? Doesn't look like there are any more this year right?

I like Xmen and Thor was just OK.
If Captain America falls in between those then we should be satisfied.

I could be wrong but I think that Avengers is the next one coming up.

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
I could be wrong but I think that Avengers is the next one coming up.
Avengers is definitely the next Marvel movie and the culmination of their strategy for the last 5-6 years. With Whedon at the helm and the amazing cast assembled, it is shaping up to be an amazing film. I have REALLY high hopes for it. Between that and The Dark Knight Rises, it should be a great Summer 2012. I hope that Captain America lives up to the hype and provides a good lead-in for Avengers as well.

Not sure what is happening next after Avengers, but perhaps Iron Man 3?

Yep, Iron Man 3 is scheduled next after Avengers. Then Thor 2. Of course, that only takes into account actual Marvel Studios films. Amazing Spider-Man is due next summer, also, but that's under Sony. Fox is also anticipating The Wolverine for late next year if there are no more hiccups in that production.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
With the underwelming $$ returns of X-men First Class and Green Lantern, the bean counters may be getten cold feet regarding producing anything beyond the 5 superhero/comic flicks that are already underway.

I'll be surprised if Wolverine sees the light of day.

First Class is actually doing good enough numbers. They didn't spend $350 million to make and market the film the way Green Lantern inexplicably did.

Captain America will do higher then expected box office.

I guarantee The Wolverine will start shooting this year.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
First Class is actually doing good enough numbers.
Its the least successful entry in the franchise. That doesn't make the bean counters all giggly.

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=xmen.htm

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
From Killerfilm.com

Seriously, I think screenwriter Christopher Markus is burned out about talking about Captain America: The First Avenger and mostly its still undated sequel, because look at what he told the LA Times:
I will win you over to Peter Dinklage as MODOK,” said Markus. “If he came around the corner and you saw him floating there you would be terrified. It would be amazing.”
MODOK, an acronym for “Mobile Organism Designed Only for Killing”, has to be one of the stupidest villains around. Of course, looking at the comics, Peter Dinklage is ideal, but I think real fans of Cap’t want either Baron Zemo or the Winter Soldier.