Blood and Chocolate (2007)

→ in
Tools    

Did anyone else see this?

I read the book when I was somewhere between preteen and teen and remembered really liking it and heard about the movie. The book just like everything else looking back at something years later was not as good as I had remembered it, but I still liked the idea.

I found that although the film was more or less loosely based on the book, I rather enjoyed the more grown version of it. I recognize it was pretty foreign, but... thoughts?

I have read the book. I have seen the movie. I would've been mad if I had seen it in theaters but I rented it and so I wasn't as angry about the changes. Basically, the book and movie have very little in common. If you can't get past that, you won't let yourself give the movie a chance. After original indignation I sat back and watched and I wasn't totally horrified by what I saw. Have I seen better movies this year? Yes. But I didn't hate it and demand the hour plus of my life back. I actually really enjoyed the Rafe character. He made me laugh several times and in my opinion, saved the movie for me. After I cast all things in the book from my mind, I enjoyed the premise of the movie and the new take in the werewolf genre.

I thought that both of the leads did very well, I like that the girl (her name in real life is something like Angus or something of the sort...yes I could look it up, very easily in fact but...its a lazy day) I thought it to be grand that fact that she wasn't a stick. She was beautiful in a very natural way.

I've seen this. A friend of mine gave me a copy as he didn't like it. It was ages before I took a look at it (nothing new there) but, when I did, I have to say that it was a very different film to the one I was expecting. TBH I don't really remember much about it, other than I did think that I should watch it again before making any concrete verdict on what I thought of it, as it took me so much by surprise. Oh, and yes, the lead actress was very attractive.

I never read the book but bought the movie off one of those bargain tables a while back... and for what it is, it's not that bad. The dialog was kinda cheesy but I thought the changing of the wolves was pretty cool... and Hugh Dancy wasn't too shabby either...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I liked this movie a lot. It is nothing like the book but it was great and able to stand on it's own. I really enjoyed it a lot. It was so romantic and I would see it again. And I will definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD. It is a great werewolf movie and the transformation itself is very wonderfully done. I did like the fact that Aiden and Vivian ended up together.

The book was great too. It was so dramatic and nice. I kinda liked that the movie wasn't like the book because it would have been dismissed as another teenage-cliché film which wouldn't be fair to the book. The book was so much more than that and it deserved a great movie for it.

I really loved the fact that Vivian worked in a chocolate store and I liked the fact that Aiden stayed with her despite her being a werewolf. It really made it seem like love can conquer anything

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I didnt read the book but I picked it up it was in a boxset with Underworld one and two, so I gave it a go and it definatly was not what I was expecting. I did enjoy it even though it isnt really my choice of films. Funnily enough I was looking at this dvd in my collection and thinking about re-watching it, thanks I may just do that.