I Need a Quick Review

→ in
Tools    

Anyone have advice on 10,000 BC. I've only heard terrible things.
Here http://www.movieforums.com/community...light=10%2C000 is a thread about it

Movie Forums Extra
Acfour go and see the movie its a nice movie.If you see more than one times you will not feel bore.Lots of things can learn from this movie.

Colour out of Time
Lord of War .. Nick Cage ... Great movie (saw couple weeks ago 1st time) which explores the whole arms trade from persective of one just getting into the scene ... based on true story .. very powerful IMHO ... great opening sequence .. life of a bullet from creation to end use

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Anyone seen Mouth to Mouth?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Lord Of War is a character driven film, which is something that most people did not expect (they wanted action).

If you can invest in the characters (even though they do horrible things) then the film will satisfy.

Suspect's Reviews

Ok, I haven seen any mention of The day the Earth stood still remake, is it worth going to the theater? Don't want to waste money...Yods or Holds per'aps?
I can only tell you I'm not going to be seeing it, but I hate the wooden boy known as Keanu and am not overly anxious to see anyone mess with a beloved Sci-Fi classic. If it turns out to be decent, fine, but I won't check it out until it hits DVD.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You're a Genius all the time
To be fair, though, a lifeless, semi-robotic, humorless being from another planet is pretty much the role that Keanu Reeves was born to play.

Whoa.

So many good movies, so little time.
Interesting looking movie on Saturday morning at 2AM on TCM

Putney Swope (1969)

Any one know anything about it?

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Happy New Year from Philly!
Mouth to Mouth or Boca a Boca is a light frothy comedy about an out of work actor who works as a phone sex worker. Javier Bardem is in it and he is HOT! If anything heavy happens in it, I have forgotten it and you can blame that on Javier Bardem's hotness. Yowza!

Putney Swope is famous, or so my dad told me, for being the first X-rated movie. Don't get too excited there is just a little jumping in slow motion while topless. It is a social satire about a black janitor who is made the head of an advertising agency. Hipness ensues. Sort of a precursor to Bamboozled. it is interesting from a movie history point of view. Don't go to work tired because of it.

I was thinking of creating a similar type of thread somewhat like this but not exactly and this seems like such a good idea worth keeping on the front page at least.

I own several DVD's I can't seem to every find a reason or mood to put them on. Any suggestions, anything I should watch right away out of this bunch.

Stay
The Onion Field
Places in the Heart
Whale Rider
The Great Santini
The Fountain
The Greatest Story Ever Told
Grandma`s Boy
Honkytonk Man
Krull

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'd start with The Great Santini. I'm actually shocked that you've never watched it. All the films based on Pat Conroy novels are worth watching. This one has a great story and one of Robert Duvall's best performances, although all the acting is good.

Places in the Heart. Sally Field struggles to keep her family together during the depression. Danny Glover helps her out around the farm drawing the wrath of the Clansmen. John Malkovich moves into her house as a blind boarder. Good drama, great acting, nice story.

Whale rider. A Maori tribe has always passed down from honor of Chief of the tribe to his first born male, however the last son is now a successful artist in the big city and couldn't be bothered. Although he has a little sister who believes it's her destiny to lead the tribe. The grandfather would rather their traditions die out than let a girl become Chief. Good drama and a nice story.

Originally Posted by L.B.Jeffries
I own several DVDs I can't seem to every find a reason or mood to put them on. Any suggestions, anything I should watch right away out of this bunch.
From what I know of your taste I'd say The Onion Field and Honkytonk Man should be at the top of that pile, followed by The Great Santini and The Fountain.

You want to post like me?
I was thinking of creating a similar type of thread somewhat like this but not exactly and this seems like such a good idea worth keeping on the front page at least.

I own several DVD's I can't seem to every find a reason or mood to put them on. Any suggestions, anything I should watch right away out of this bunch.

Stay
The Onion Field
Places in the Heart
Whale Rider
The Great Santini
The Fountain
The Greatest Story Ever Told
Grandma`s Boy
Honkytonk Man
Krull
I found Grandma's Boy very funny. Along the lines of Pineapple Express though not as 'out there' plot-wise. It follows this game tester who has to move in with his grandma and he falls in love with this girl from - alright it's a stoner comedy okay! If you smoke weed and play video games you've got no excuse.