Monsters in the Movies and their Creators - Favourite

Tools    

FIlmmaker John Landis published a book several years ago titled 'Monsters in Movies' which chronicles various movie monsters from Frankenstein right up to the T-Rex in Jurrasic Park, with CGI being such a go to tool for filmmakers in creating movie monsters,is there still room for the old school way of creating fantastic monsters, if so what are some of the past highlights?

Three words : stop-motion animation!

I was looking for the famous scene in Evil Dead, but couldn't find it.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
The transformation scen from an american werewolf in london...or is it an werewolf in paris? Allways confuse the two. *looking up*

werewolf in london's the first one. Anywho, it's an awesome scene.

JC the Thing is an excellent creation, i would also like to put forward 'Alien' and the Alien Queen from 'Aliens', 2 works of art

Also a big shout out to the creators of these fantastic creations, these include;
Dick Smith - The Exocist, Scanners
Rob Bottin - The Thing, The Howling, Robocop
Stan Winston - Jurassic Park, Aliens, Predator
Rick Baker - American Werewolf.., Coming to America
Tom Savini - Dawn of the Dean, Friday 13th
KNB - Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness

And if we're talking make-up/prosthetics we allways have Cronenberg. 'The fly' comes to mind, along with Ed Harris sunk halfway through a floor and covered with intestine in 'a history of violence'.

Rick Baker is definitely the master. Dude's a genius at what he does.

Videodrome (Rick Baker) and Naked Lunch,(Chris Walas) another 2 great Cronenberg films with ace make up effects

Rick Bakers ability to turn Eddie Murphy into an elderly white Jewish man in Coming to America shows this guy's talent, brilliant

Rob Bottin - The Thing, The Howling, Robocop
He did Legend aswell and Meg Mucklebones in that was the best part of it, even beating Darkness.

Rick Bakers ability to turn Eddie Murphy into an elderly white Jewish man in Coming to America shows this guy's talent, brilliant
That was great, yeah. The closest equivalent I can think of now would be Neill Gorton for that kind of convincing age makeup.

The transformation scen from an american werewolf in london...or is it an werewolf in paris? Allways confuse the two. *looking up*

werewolf in london's the first one. Anywho, it's an awesome scene.
There are also phenomenal werewolf transformations in The Company of Wolves, Stephen Rea's being my favourite.

That was great, yeah. The closest equivalent I can think of now would be Neill Gorton for that kind of convincing age makeup.
A few years ago (think it was 2013) a swedish movie was released called 'the hundred-year old who went out the window and dissapeared' (a mouthfull I know). As you can guess it's protagonist is a very old man. This is the protagonist

Three words : stop-motion animation!
Talking of stop motion, one of my favourites is the Nomes in Return to Oz. I remember how creepy they looked as, mainly, faces gliding across rock. A couple of years ago I was sure that the special effects for the Boneless in Doctor Who were influenced by that film.

Talking of stop motion, one of my favourites is the Nomes in Return to Oz. I remember how creepy they looked as, mainly, faces gliding across rock. A couple of years ago I was sure that the special effects for the Boneless in Doctor Who were influenced by that film.
The gnome king was awesome in that movie. He scared the crap out of me when Iwas a kid. He reminded me of the rockbiter in 'The neverending story', another superb film with stop-motion elements.