Case of Slip and Slide vs. Paramount Pictures

Tools    

Reported today, the company who put out the famous well known toy "slip and slide" is suing Paramount Pictures for allegedly using their prodect in Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star, without their consent. I personally think there's so many other things to worry about in today's time , than that one measly thing.

What does everone think? about this whole suing thing I mean??

It would depend on how they showed the product… I haven’t seen the movie, so I don’t know… but if it just shows kids having fun on it… then suing is a bit ridiculous because it would have been free advertisement… on the other hand, if it shows kids getting hurt on it, that’s a whole new ball game…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Here's the scenario:

Dickie Roberts and the kids were outside by the "Slip and Slide", Roberts wanted to use it.

Dickie: " Here we go".

Jumping onto it , the girl speaks...

Boy: Dickie no, you need water on it before you......."

Dickie slid across the 'Slip and Slide" face down.

Dickie: "Owww"

A few seconds Later........

Water was splashed and it worked. Then Dickie took wesson oil and poured it all over .

Dickie: "I think it's time for some Wesson time".

Girl: Uh Dickie, do you think you should do that?"

Dickie: Ahh, no problem. Just watch me.

Dickie jumped onto "Slip and Slide" and with his greasy body, slid all across, through the next door neighbor's fence and into their yard.

Dickie: "Oh, look splinter."

I thought the biggest problem the Slip n' Slide people have is the depicted "misuse" of the product with the Wesson oil. Which is debatable. I mean, we used to use waxed paper so we'd go faster down slides--is that a misuse of the slide?

At any rate, it seems a bit of stretch for a lawsuit.

I do notice, however, that the Wesson people aren't talking...

They're probably just upset about having their name associated with a horrible failure of a movie like this one.

I must become Caligari..!
Reading in to it i feel the claim is very Legit, On the opening week of the film 2500 Slip N Slides were returned to stores. Especily since Slip N Slid have had problems from abuse in the past and lost lots of money.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Only for the weak
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
They're probably just upset about having their name associated with a horrible failure of a movie like this one.
Lmao

I saw Dickie Roberts tonight and I liked it. There's one hilarious scene that had me laughing hard - it was lovely. The rest of the film is entertaining, but needed some boosts in the comedy dept. There was a big hound dog in the film and I thought it would have been funnier had Dickie Roberts slip and slided with his hands getting into some dog poop lying in the grass at the end of the slide, but it didn't happen.

There was also a waterbed in this movie. Tell me, how come in every movie with a waterbed, the waterbed ends up getting a hole and exploding? Is that the biggest cliche or what? In Dickie Roberts, the water practically destroyed the whole house -- it was coming out of electrical outlets, for godsakes! Yet, two seconds later, the house is in perfect condition. You know what would be funnier? A waterbed that freezes and becomes a big block of ice. Has that been done yet?