MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

Ruminating: the few last educational shows left on the History or Discovery channels use a lot of the same production aspects - they often have "guests" (luminaries or authorities on the subject) who narrate various segments, and it's obvious they're in front of a green screen, yet the environment behind them is usually what looks like abandoned warehouses.

I like "History's Greatest Mysteries" and this show uses these backdrops behind the speakers consistently.

I'm left wondering why is the featured historian or authority sitting in an empty warehouse or bombed out bunker of some sorts? What is such a backdrop supposed to convey? If it's to make us focus on the speaker, it's not working because I keep wondering why such a dreary place is used for the background projection.

Why don't they project a library, museum, forest, cathedral, or better yet some historic place that has a direct link to whatever the topic is?

Food for second thought;
If not, then how can the target make it hurt? Can the target lead the spy on to his own death indirectly and blind?

Magnolia appearing now.

So cold & windy in CT this week. Some of the daffodils around town look shell-shocked.

I will freakin freak if there’s even a flake of snow this weekend. The weather channel is driving me nuts.

Magnolia appearing now.

So cold & windy in CT this week. Some of the daffodils around town look shell-shocked.

I will freakin freak if there’s even a flake of snow this weekend. The weather channel is driving me nuts.
I think we need just one more little snow.
(We were lucky in NJ, we barely had 2 small snowfalls this past winter, neither of them amounting to much.)

I don't mind the thought of one more snow when I know it will be the last until next winter.

P.S. Too many "easy" winters make me paranoid... because you know it's nature's way of building up and then letting you have it big time. Consecutive easy winters are usually followed by one with major storms. I'd prefer a few little snow storms if that's what it takes to keep things balanced

I don't mind the thought of one more snow when I know it will be the last until next winter.

P.S. Too many "easy" winters make me paranoid... because you know it's nature's way of building up and then letting you have it big time. Consecutive easy winters are usually followed by one with major storms. I'd prefer a few little snow storms if that's what it takes to keep things balanced
CT had no snow but the weekend temps were brutal. Walking to church yesterday, which is a short walk, was beyond awful.

CT had no snow but the weekend temps were brutal. Walking to church yesterday, which is a short walk, was beyond awful.
I know, I've been walking at night and I've had to wear full winter regalia this entire week (ear cover, hood, scarf & gloves). On Saturday night the weather report said the wind chill factor had the outdoor temp down to 12 degrees Fahrenheit. I didn't even go out that night.

I know, I've been walking at night and I've had to wear full winter regalia this entire week (ear cover, hood, scarf & gloves). On Saturday night the weather report said the wind chill factor had the outdoor temp down to 12 degrees Fahrenheit. I didn't even go out that night.
Yeah, same here. Unfortunately for me I still have to venture outside in all weathers to feed the outdoor cats.

If dust is comprised mostly of human skin cells, then why are attics (where no one usually goes) usually more dusty than any other part of a house?
Dead dust stuck in limbo on it's way to heaven.

Dead dust stuck in limbo on it's way to heaven.
It's actually a very complicated answer, but the first explanation is that most people don't dust (clean) their attics the same way they dust the more occupied parts of the house. Left unkempt, most rooms will get nearly as dusty as an attic.

Second, only about 20 - 50% of house dust is skin cells (which can also come from pets if you have them) according to some statistics.

Attics often have exposed insulation - which is a huge source of dust. It also has something to do with hot air rising, wind & air currents and air flow in the house, and the house's heating & ventilation systems.

BTW, outside "dust" is a mostly different thing than indoor dust and space dust in another thing entirely.

BTW, outside "dust" is a mostly different thing than indoor dust and space dust in another thing entirely.
It certainly is if you're of my vintage.

I've no idea if they still make it, but I've not seen it since the mid 80's.

Hey peeps! Hope you're doing well on this fine Easter Sunday.

If I put this 1TB micro sd card into this flip phone, in theory, it would record a continuous uninterrupted 3gp video for up to 562 days on the lowest quality setting, 187 days on the normal mid quality setting and 125 days on the highest quality setting.