Glass

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I was hanging out with my buddy and looked up the movie on my phone. Early reactions are not super positive. It saddened me enough to where I had to go home. And I say that as someone who dislikes things like Rotten Tomatoes and champions focusing on one's own, personal opinion. But I am a little heartbroken.

Part of it is I want it to be a good trilogy, of course. But more than that I really was rooting for Shyamalan. The dude was my hero as a kid, he pretty much single-handedly got me into film and filmmaking. I remember being completely obsessed with Signs, would pop in the DVD constantly and watch the movie and making-of. I mean, honestly, if my intuition about storytelling and directing comes from anything, it's Shyamalan. There was a lot of hype around this being his comeback, and I feel bummed for the guy that people don't appear to be embracing it.

I'm still hoping I will personally appreciate the film, but I may go it alone instead of making it the big event with friends I was planning to.
Have you seen it yet? What did you think?

No it doesn't come out for me until Thursday night. I'm going to try to see it opening night, but if not before the weekend is over.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Seems to be another critics vs audience type movie as word of mouth is a lot better than what the critics are saying.

Suspect's Reviews

I am definitely going in with an open mind. My high expectations were tempered with the reviews, however I am still hoping it rules.

I laughed a lot during Split so have high hopes for this. Shangalang hasn't let me down yet. Best comedy director since Mel B etc

Welcome to the human race...
Spoken like someone who could use a better sense of humour, and that's coming from someone with an Escape From L.A. avatar.

Swan's said everything I wanna say so far.

I have tickets for tomorrow evening. Not super optimistic, though I do expect it to hit a few really high notes, kinda like the Star Wars prequels. Disappointing overall but nailing a few big moments. That's what I'm expecting, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's better.

I also cried with laughter at The Visit. Same as when a friend insisted I watch The Human Centipede II. Hysterical.

Just saw this...not on the same level as Split, but I liked it more than Unbreakable. Not sure where that puts it in the grand scheme of things yet...need to think more on it