Top cult movie

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
My ideal future cult movie is " Jury Duty", a brilliant and misunderstood 1995 comedy courtroom satire with Pauly Shore, Tia Carrerea, Stanley Tucci, Brian Doyle Murray, Shelly Winters and Charles Napier. It's about a no-body whom gets jury duty in the biggest murder trial in America as he wants to keep it going so he can have free room and board but he then realizes that there's an innocient man's life on the balance as he must clean up his act.

I strongly recommend this movie, go to your local video store and rent this if you want a funny satire on the justice system, hilarious movie and has a good moral in the end.

history *is* moralizing
NO f.uckin' DOUBT!

FIGHT CLUB

Fasten your seat belts...
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
oooh Heathers-- well for me anyway

I forgot about that one. Good point. Top flick.

Also I have two 'guilty pleasure, cult movies':

Shakes the Clown

&

UHF

Say what again mother f**ker!
Taxi Driver man that’s a good movie sad and gloomy is the way to go. But mainly the story was great and that’s what counts. Then #2 is defiantly Fight Club crazy as hell.

Just say 'NO' to Evercrack.
The Boondock Saints.
She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me.
I can't help it if I'm lucky.

Here's Johnny!
animal motehr i take it you like zombie flicks?

You have been Juged!!!!
Evil cult, ozark savage, and monster hunter

the best ever are boondock saints, Donnie darko, the crazies, poolhall junkies, gozu, better luck tomorrow, the lost skeleton of cadavra, the big empty, suicide kings, death to smoochy, battle royal, suicide club, animal factory, and a lot more but I'm tired

Eating you Since 1984
Originally Posted by Electric Wizard

Actually i'd say "The Evil Dead"
I would have to agree here: I and II.

Proud Member of the Soprano Family
Rocky Horror Picture Show

Welcome to the human race...
Who said a film couldn't be popular and cult at the same time? A good example is Star Wars. That's a popular film which also has a cult following - see the lines outside theatres waiting for the newest movies to come out or the Jedi census trick for proof.

However, to fit in with the more overly cult definition, I guess the top ones are all on the Entertainment Weekly list. I definitely agree that This Is Spinal Tap is a cult favourite. I know I like it.

Originally Posted by Cassidy Bogart

Rocky Horror Picture Show

I don't think I've really seen too many cult movies, (forgive me if some of these aren't actually cult movies) but I liked Donnie Darko, Trainspotting, fear and loathing(?)
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case ofbeer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Can we try with real bullets now?
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
My fav cult classic because of the awesome ending

Close Runner-Up-Rocky Horror Picture Show

Gotta go with Battle Royale on this one but original Dawn of the dead comes a very close 2nd