Overrated Actors

Tools    

It's not trendy at all when it comes to Knightly, she is overrated. Watch A Dangerous Method, she somehow got praise for it, it's cringeworthy acting. Not saying she is bad overall, she's decent but nothing special.
I somewhat agree with that. She isn't anything speical. But she can act.

Norton is a bit overrated, I have to agree.
Maybe it is because he is from Maryland. But Norton is probably the most underrated actor out there. Each role he has been in he delivered a performance no matter how good the movie was he gave it his all. He implodes as an actor and doesn't implode. He got an academy award nomination for his first ever movie. How many young actors achieve that?

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Maybe it is because he is from Maryland. But Norton is probably the most underrated actor out there. Each role he has been in he delivered a performance no matter how good the movie was he gave it his all. He implodes as an actor and doesn't implode. He got an academy award for his first ever movie. How many young actors achieve that?

No, Norton didn't win the Oscar for Primal Fear. Nominated, yes, but he lost out to Cuba Gooding, Jr. in Jerry Maguire.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Norton Came out of the gate swinging with Primal Fear, The People Vs Larry Flynt and American History X and to a somewhat lesser extent the formulaic The Score opposite Robert Deniro.

I defy anyone to watch those flicks and claim with a straight face that he doesnt have the chops.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Bring on the criticism, MoFos:

She peaked too early ("The Professional") and honestly that's the ONLY performance of hers that has impressed me. Rice cakes, this girl.

I don't know if you're right about Portman or not, FGI, but I do know that one of the big reasons that I got Black Swan (which I still haven't watched) was because I hadn't seen her in anything I liked other than Leon and V For Vendetta. I wondered whether or not she was actually any good.

Norton Came out of the gate swinging with Primal Fear, The People Vs Larry Flynt and American History X and to a somewhat lesser extent the formulaic The Score opposite Robert Deniro.

I defy anyone to watch those flicks and claim with a straight face that he doesnt have the chops.
I don't think that anyone's saying he is a weak actor or anything, but I wouldn't describe those performances as anything other than respectable. He's an alright actor, but there are times where I have a hard time believing him. At first I was convinced he was a great actor, but the older I get, the more I see just how meh he really is. He can act, but he isn't great.

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
Still disagree with everyone calling Ed Norton overrated. Watch him in action- He's a genuine actor who never overacts or underacts. His characters are perfect and he can play a wide range of them

I think it is trendy to call Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio overrated. Those two could be the best working actors right now. It also seems trendy to call Keira Knightley overrated. She isn't Meryl Streep. But she is a good actress.
Get a grip, its not that its trendy at all. And as for saying I cant call her, bad....watch this, SHE IS A BAD ACTRESS, hey that was pretty easy to do, probably cause its truth.

Honeykid pretty much nailed most of her films. The fact that you rate her a great actress because of 3films youve seen her in and the fact she is nominated for awards is pathetic.

Disney actors get nominated for awards does that make them good actors? Im sure you'll say yes to that purely due to the fact they get awards but its stupid.

Fact is, youre basing your argument on a limited knowledge of her, im hoping youre just young and niave cause you sure as hell seem like you are.

Im done with this conversation now, I have more important things going on.

Get a grip, its not that its trendy at all. And as for saying I cant call her, bad....watch this, SHE IS A BAD ACTRESS, hey that was pretty easy to do, probably cause its truth.

Honeykid pretty much nailed most of her films. The fact that you rate her a great actress because of 3films youve seen her in and the fact she is nominated for awards is pathetic.

Disney actors get nominated for awards does that make them good actors? Im sure you'll say yes to that purely due to the fact they get awards but its stupid.

Fact is, youre basing your argument on a limited knowledge of her, im hoping youre just young and niave cause you sure as hell seem like you are.

Im done with this conversation now, I have more important things going on.
Did you know Keira Knightley when she was a kid and was she mean to you? Sounds like you just don't flat out like her.

When did I say she was a great actress???? The last thing I said about her was she isn't anything speical, but she can act. No one is really raving about her all time time anyway. So how is she overrated? You just sound like a hater.

I think there is a difference between a kids choice awrd nomination and an academy award nomination.

So I can't judge her acting because I have only seen her in four movies? What kind of b.s is that? But oh yeah your british (I am part britsh myself I know how it is). While so riled up about her? Again what did she do to you?

I guess your the only member on this board that has more important things to do with their life. Good to know. You hop to it then.

I agree that "The Departed" was Mark Wahlberg's best role. I think he could have an excellent career as a supporting actor in action/thrillers. I do not like him at all in comedies though.

I love Tom Hanks too! I'm being a little picky on this one; I just don't think he's one of the top 5 actors, as many people do.

I agree with you about Denzel Washington for the most part. He certainly has nothing to prove. But unlike De'Niro, he's way too young to start coasting for a paycheck. I expect to be wowed by him in every performance. And I haven't been.

I don't agree at all, and I loved the departed and I loved mark in that film. But lets be real, he was in that film for all of about 8 minutes, you cant call that his best role.

Four Brothers was an insanley underrated and overlooked film and he played an amazing lead in that movie, kept it funny, fresh, serious and genuine.
He was really good in shooter, and even better in the fighter.

I really do feel that roles in gangster films get way too much praise.

Also to point out that i think Ed Norton is fantastic, and so is Denzel
but I agree that Denzel isnt given all the roles he needs to constantly impress

Keira is meh but she isnt a terrible as people make her out to be.

and natalie has been in 2 very good films (Leon/The Professional and Black Swan) but everything else about her is average.

Daniel Radcliffe is overrated. I love the Harry Potter films and he was a good child actor. But he really isn't that good now. Only Emma Watson out of the three main actors in HP will be an A lister and has a lot of talent.

Daniel Radcliffe is overrated. I love the Harry Potter films and he was a good child actor. But he really isn't that good now. Only Emma Watson out of the three main actors in HP will be an A lister and has a lot of talent.
Because they've done so much since then to know this

^ Emma Watson has a new movie coming out called The Perks of being a Wall Flower. Watch tha movie and I am sure you will feel the same way. Plus she has many more films coming out including one on Noah with Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly.

Bring on the criticism, MoFos:

She peaked too early ("The Professional") and honestly that's the ONLY performance of hers that has impressed me. Rice cakes, this girl.
Really! Well, even women can have opinions lol! I'm kidding!