Gen Z wants less sex in movies

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Here, my good lads, we got a PERVERT!

OK, I'm leaving fast before I'm accused of something-shaming again.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'd rather have nudity than sex. I always thought the sex scenes in movies were kind of lame.

Question: Do you Gen Z people consider rape to be sex?

I'd rather have nudity than sex. I always thought the sex scenes in movies were kind of lame.

Question: Do you Gen Z people consider rape to be sex?
Are you kidding! They consider a kiss to be rape

Whoa.

It is, by definition, an example of sexual activity. Not all sex is good. I have proven this many times via my unskilled, uninspired, passionless, and mechanical acts of copulation.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I read that, usually I don't read online articles but that was informative. Though I don't know what a 'sbut' is

The article says Gen Z wants less sex in movies because of problematic themes. Maybe it's more like film makers/money men thought pumping up the sex would raise profits but people are tired of fluff and want more care given to quality stories.
Is it possible to have both, a really good story with character development but the sex scenes are still explicity and hot, like a movie like Lust, Caution or Original Sin for example, where they manage to have both possibly?

The trick is not minding
Idk about it being actual rape, but a non consensual kiss can and will often be considered sexual assault, which isn’t necessarily the same thing as rape. Especially if the perpetrator will not relent and will forcefully continue to do so.

Is it possible to have both, a really good story with character development but the sex scenes are still explicity and hot, like a movie like Lust, Caution or Original Sin for example, where they manage to have both possibly?
It's possible to have both in a great movie. I'm sure they're are many examples. I haven't seen the three you mentioned.

Idk about it being actual rape, but a non consensual kiss can and will often be considered sexual assault, which isn’t necessarily the same thing as rape. Especially if the perpetrator will not relent and will forcefully continue to do so.
I absolutely agree with you. In the real world if someone on a date was trying to leave and the other person slammed the door, pushed them up against the wall pinning them there and forced an aggressive kiss on them....That would be a personal violation and probably a crime. I'd say a real person who did that today and in that matter has aggressive issue and would need to get counseling and help.

However the Blade Runner scene is only actors doing fictional characters in a fictional movie. It's not real so I don't get why people get so upset about it.

It's possible to have both in a great movie. I'm sure they're are many examples. I haven't seen the three you mentioned.
Oh sorry I should have specified Lust, Caution (2007) is one movie, one title.

Oh sorry I should have specified Lust, Caution (2007) is one movie, one title.
Still haven't seen it. Maybe someone else has a good example of lots of sex in a really well written great movie? Anyone?

I absolutely agree with you. In the real world if someone on a date was trying to leave and the other person slammed the door, pushed them up against the wall pinning them there and forced an aggressive kiss on them....That would be a personal violation and probably a crime. I'd say a real person who did that today and in that matter has aggressive issue and would need to get counseling and help.

However the Blade Runner scene is only actors doing fictional characters in a fictional movie. It's not real so I don't get why people get so upset about it.
I am guessing people get upset about it, because the female character gave into being forced which a lot of people are bothered by I am guessing?

I am guessing people get upset about it, because the female character gave into being forced which a lot of people are bothered by I am guessing?
Then why don't people get upset when a psycho slasher in a movie plucks the eyeballs out of a female character? Gotta think that's worse than being kissed

It's not real so I don't get why people get so upset about it.
We see Zorra get shot in the back by Decker, but that generally gets a pass.

I don't really have a spec for mainstream. I guess, I mean a movie that would play in a corporate cineplex. I also have several decent indie film venues and it's been the owner's option to not play "X" either, although I don't know whether Ammonite played there. I wasn't aware of the movie, so I didn't go looking for it.