My Favorite Prime Time Soap Characters

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Dr. Derek Shepherd

Grey's Anatomy

Patrick Dempsey reignited a dead career when he accepted the role of a brilliant surgeon whose ego sometimes overshadowed his skill who met a girl (Ellen Pompeo) in a bar one night and it began a relationship that lasted almost a decade. Dempsey received so much attention from females on both sides of the screen that the character was nicknamed "McDreamy."

Didn't I see Dr. McDreamy already listed yesterday?
And I don't remember seeing Nolan Ross from "Revenge" on your list yesterday.

Did you change some posts?

Didn't I see Dr. McDreamy already listed yesterday?
And I don't remember seeing Nolan Ross from "Revenge" on your list yesterday.

Did you change some posts?
Yes, I did, I had to include JR Ewing and I had to lose Derek Shepherd...including Nolan Ross was also a must.

Abby Ewing

Knots Landing

Those big blue eyes, that gorgeous blonde hair, the flawless figure, the endless sexual heat and unabashed bitchines this character provided made her my favorite prime time soap character. Abby was the cul de sac's answer to Alexis Carrington, she arrived as the sister of Sid Fairgate (Don Murray) and within a couple of seasons, got both Richard Avery (John Pleshette) and Gary Ewing (Ted Shackelford) to cheat on their respective spouses...hell, Abby even got JR Ewing into bed. I think Abby can best be summed up by one memorable scene she had with Valene Ewing (Joan Ark Van Ark). Valene confronted Abby to ask her if she was having an affair with her husband, Gary to which Abby replied, "I'm not saying that I am and I'm not saying that I'm not, but I will say that I could have Gary anytime I want to." Abby's only vulnerability was with her children, details of which can be found on "My Favorite TV Moms" list.

Hope you enjoyed the list.

Congrats on finishing your list, Gideon. JR, Alexis and Olivia Pope are all great choices. Kerry Washington was the reason I started watching Scandal. I've just always found her so attractive, but now she's getting older she's absolutely gorgeous. JR and Alexis really are soap legends, so there's little more I can add there.

I still don't really care about Jake Ballard. I like what his character does insofar as getting between Olivia and Fitz, but I can't say I'm a fan.

Congrats on finishing your list, Gideon. JR, Alexis and Olivia Pope are all great choices. Kerry Washington was the reason I started watching Scandal. I've just always found her so attractive, but now she's getting older she's absolutely gorgeous. JR and Alexis really are soap legends, so there's little more I can add there.

I still don't really care about Jake Ballard. I like what his character does insofar as getting between Olivia and Fitz, but I can't say I'm a fan.
Totally agree with you regarding the aging process of Kerry Washington...she's like Raquel Welch, the older she gets, the better looking she gets.