there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
What?
What?

???????????? WTH r yall yakking bout?

Originally Posted by Golgot
Did you just say H?
Naughty!!

Ahah! My old Adversary and colleague. Wonder How ya been. I haven't been on in a long time and it's good to see there are still some people left that have a hand full of brain-cells.

You see Golgot, when that became a handle for the United States, it really meant something because back then, probably 95% of the world was underneath the thumb of a Monarch. I don't know how that phrase became popular here but I doubt only America had citizens agreeing with that. Now a' days, we don't stand out like we used to, that's for sure. We still however like to break tradition to superficiously (to a degree) make ourselves believe we're still the most free people in the world.

It's mostly used now when they are talking about the few remaining dictatorships in the world, the majority of them in the middle east.

Unfortunately, however, Liberty has the potential to turn against itself as Socrates said and as History has shown. I personally believe in Liberty because it makes economic sense but its flaws and risks are the it often leads to corruption and breakdown of tradition and society, much as we're seeing today in America.

I'm going to post my own Topic about this Golgot, and I hope you join me because I value your perspective.