Remake of Matrix 2 and 3?

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
OK, somebody confirm this one for me- I was talking to my friend, and he said that he was reading this magazine, and one of the articles in the magazine revolved around a remake of "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Matrix Revolutions". The reason behind this was that the Wachowski Brothers had written down some dialogue on napkins, ripped them up, and picked them out of the hat for their story and dialogue. Is this true? If so, I'd be kind of interested to see what they would come up with for a Matrix Special Edition.

And this is my BOOMstick!
That's the bigest pile of crap I have ever heard.
I'll say what I said about Miss Congeniality 2: "Why make a remake/sequel to a movie that shouldn't have been made in the first place." I mean yeah, the first matrix was excellent. The follow-ups I can easily put on my most hated list. They're just stupid, unrealistic and PRETTY DAMN LAME.
I can bet almost anything that a remake of the mtarix movies is something that will never happen.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I doubt that is true as well. If things were done in that fashion (picked out of a hat ), then how did the story achieve coherence? shouldn't it be choppy and dicey? It was not very coherent in the first place I will give you that but if I followed it anybody can.

Remaking it may be an idea but it the sequels flops again... I doubt we will be see anymore of their movies... it also makes the guys look desperate...... I say we move on.

I agree i think its time for the W brothers to make a movie based on a fresh new idea

Sounds like the author of the magazine article was being a bit sarcastic about how they wrote the script to me…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

why is every body givin 2 and 3 a bad rep

I'll be honest with that question. Personally, i thought the original was fantastic, the best sci-fi since...well a long long time. I didn't hate the last two. You can't hate them because there are a lot of things to admire in each of them but they were definately not worthy sequels. Not atall. Despite the absolutely incredible carchase and the squid confrontation, the last two were pretty damn miserable sequels to such a great movie as the first. My opinion.

Never conform, never compromise....
Personally, I think neveryone's problem was hype. I enjoyed both sequels more the second time I watched them, then the first. Now don't get me wrong, I was disapointed overall with them, I just don't think they are as bad as alot of people seem too. After how incredible and innovative the first film was, and the hype that followd about these sequels, I don't think the Wachowski(sp?) bros. could have made tow movies that could live up too what people wanted. I just don't think it would have been possible. Thats just IMO.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

I liked all of these movies and I applaude the brothers for sticking to what they wanted to do. These films made about 600 million domestically, I really dont see that as a failure. Now I do think these last two movies lacked something the first one did, but if you think about it, like most trilogies it is the same movie told in three parts. Over all I do not think they were bad at all. As far as a remake goes.....interesting, but I think it would be a bad move.

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
No way would they remake them... if they would i would say ok go for it coz i really hoped they were gonna be better than they were but its never gonna happen.

I don't think the brothers pitched the idea as a trilogy like they say coz the story of the sequels is crap to be blunt. A load of ideas about phiosophy and religion etc mixed with a load of mumbo jumbo about machines and technology and it really doesn't mke a whole lot of sense.

I'm pretty sure i rambled on like this in another thread too but hey i'm half way through writing this now so i may as well continue.

I think they thought to much about making it look cool and thought the way to astound people further was to throw all this together with a load of technical word which would make the audience think "HUH?" and be amazed... instead everyone thought "HUH... Well that was crap!!!"

nevermind it gave the summer/autumn some suspense and killed some time wondering what they would be like anyway... could have been worse i guess... probably!

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

Originally Posted by Spider-Freak
No way would they remake them... if they would i would say ok go for it coz i really hoped they were gonna be better than they were but its never gonna happen.

I don't think the brothers pitched the idea as a trilogy like they say coz the story of the sequels is crap to be blunt. A load of ideas about phiosophy and religion etc mixed with a load of mumbo jumbo about machines and technology and it really doesn't mke a whole lot of sense.

I'm pretty sure i rambled on like this in another thread too but hey i'm half way through writing this now so i may as well continue.

I think they thought to much about making it look cool and thought the way to astound people further was to throw all this together with a load of technical word which would make the audience think "HUH?" and be amazed... instead everyone thought "HUH... Well that was crap!!!"

nevermind it gave the summer/autumn some suspense and killed some time wondering what they would be like anyway... could have been worse i guess... probably!
I disagree. There's no question that the second and third Matrixes were excellent movies. They were and I will continue to revisit the Matrix universe every now and then. They just weren't looked after carefully when being made. Rules set in the first movie were broken and they tried to make the movie feel like a sequel instead of a separate masterpiece in its own right. Those were two of the biggest faults with the sequels but they were still very good movies and decent sequels. There are more than several memorable things from them.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
That's the bigest pile of crap I have ever heard.
I'll say what I said about Miss Congeniality 2: "Why make a remake/sequel to a movie that shouldn't have been made in the first place." I mean yeah, the first matrix was excellent. The follow-ups I can easily put on my most hated list. They're just stupid, unrealistic and PRETTY DAMN LAME.
I can bet almost anything that a remake of the mtarix movies is something that will never happen.
lol and i suppose the first matrix was super realistic right? im a fan of all three of the movies for the action and completely original story.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Well, of course it wasn't exactly all real, but at least most things in it made sense. When you see Neo fly like superman and stop a whole army of machines with the power of his mind in the real world you just know that the movies've gone downhill. I'm not saying they are total crap in whole, all 3 had their own original good parts, but the sequels are TOTAL CRAP compared to the ORIGINAL MATRIX.

This is my Custom User Title
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
OK, somebody confirm this one for me- I was talking to my friend, and he said that he was reading this magazine, and one of the articles in the magazine revolved around a remake of "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Matrix Revolutions". The reason behind this was that the Wachowski Brothers had written down some dialogue on napkins, ripped them up, and picked them out of the hat for their story and dialogue. Is this true? If so, I'd be kind of interested to see what they would come up with for a Matrix Special Edition.
haha