a really good horror movie since scream.

Tools    

Photographer
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I've seen both Scream and Scream 2, I am talking from my own personal experience. Jeeze, what's so closed minded not liking a movie? I call it craptapular because I didn't like it. But, if you wanna fight about it, meet me in the playground at lunch...if you dare!
Fine, fine. No war necessary.

Goose promised to stop messing around. But hoods don't stop, they take a break.

I am having a nervous breakdance
The only film in recent years that really scared the **** out of me is the japanese Ring (or Ringu). The Blair Witch Project sent chills down my spine too, but it didn't really make me like Ring did.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Ezekiel2517
Fine, fine. No war necessary.
Ahhh...shoot. I already told the rest of the class about it. Looks like you're commited to an ass whuppin' anyway.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Put me in your pocket...
Looks like you're commited to an ass whuppin' anyway.
Another ass whuppin'!? I'm gonna tell Mabel on you fer fight'n agian....

Now that would be a nice horror story...
Mabel hunting down Bri and dragging him into her chamber of disipline.

Originally Posted by Ezekiel2517
Yeah, Signs is good too. My favorite of the director's films, incidentally, is Unbreakable. Knocked me flat. Just...so cool. Am I right?
Weeeelll, not in my opinion. Unbreakable is my least favorite of Shyamalan's movies. Although I liked it, nowhere near as much as Signs. Sixth Sense is mediocre compared to Signs. . .in my opinion.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Out of the big 3, my favorites are in this order:

1. Signs
2. The Sixth Sense
3. Unbreakable

Originally Posted by Aniko
Now that would be a nice horror story...
Mabel hunting down Bri and dragging him into her chamber of disipline.
Are you casted for the part of Mable?

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
What about Final Destination 1 and 2

I love the concept of the movie and how they cleverly put together the death scene, how one thing leads to another causing your demise. I can not date Final Destination exactly but I know for sure Final Destination 2 came out After the scream movies

Put me in your pocket...
Yep......and I'm looking forward to disciplining you...

...........wanna rehearse?~

You have been Juged!!!!
most horror movies today are realy bad even the scream trilligy which sucked but not as bad as the blair witch project and the american version of the ring(I never saw the original) I thought the others was realy realy boring but I liked the story I have yet to see the new TCM but am looking fowered to it and I am verry worried about the new Dawn of the Dead which there is no way it will be even remotly as good as the original which was awsome

One thing that you should do is avoid cabin fiver like the plege it is uppone mankind I would also like to add the blair witch project down here becouse if you can't see whats going on thin whats the point these two movies just realy realy suck

then there is the two final destination films I thought they had a realy good Idea but could have been done way better

Out of the big 3, my favorites are in this order:

1. Signs
2. The Sixth Sense
3. Unbreakable

these arn't all technically horror movies yes the sixth sense was and signs was good by being suspenseful and im yet to see unbreakable but im guessing its not horror i find that the horror films are the older ones like exorcist, halloween, and the shinging which i found very creepy even though there was only one murder. but i do want to see who the remake of dawn of the dead will turn out.

I thought that the sixth sense was a bit better then signs, but I didn't care for unbreakable at all.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Yep......and I'm looking forward to disciplining you...

...........wanna rehearse?~
Just in case you have yet to notice, I’m kind of the dominant type. If you don’t mind handcuffs, football, and a bucket of ribs, we should be just fine.

Originally Posted by Berkie
these arn't all technically horror movies...
I wasn't saying they were all horror movies, some were discussing favorites of the 'Big 3', so I chimed in with mine.

Originally Posted by JudgeoftheBlind
...which sucked but not as bad as the blair witch project...
Please, no more of your insane gibberish, it’s really quite frightening. The Blair Witch Project is one of the greatest horror movies of all time.

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
Horror movies. Now we're talkin'. First of all, I love each and every one of you like my very own brothers and sisters. I just thought you should all know that. Second of all, I also love chocolate chip cookies. The fresher baked the better, but they're almost all good. Now, back to the topic at hand.

I agree with everyone who liked "Signs", "Cabin Fever", "The Sixth Sense", "Freddy vs Jason", "The Others", "28 Days Later", and both "Final Destination" movies. I haven't seen the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake yet, but I'm anxiously awaiting the dvd release. Hell, Jessica Biel's pretty much sweaty the entire time, of course I'm gonna' see it. I thought "Dreamcatcher" sucked, which was unfortunate, cuz I had high hopes for it. It went in a direction that I did NOT see coming. A grrrooooossssss direction.

If anybody wants to be scared out of their natural born skin, rent "Glitter", with Mariah Carey.

As for a few other movies released since "Scream" that I haven't yet seen mentioned on this thread, here are a few that I liked.

1) Frailty - starring Bill Paxton
2) Nightwatch - starring Ewan McGregor
3) Stephen King's The Night Flier - starring Miguel Ferrer
4) Sleepy Hollow - starring Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci
5) Stir of Echoes - starring Kevin Bacon

Some are gory, some are psychological, but the thread in general has been a little scattered, so I'm throwin' it all out there, baby!!! I'm sure I missed a few, but I never sleep...ya' know, the whole 'saving the world' thing and all, so I might be back a little later.

To the Batmobile!!!

I'd say Stir of Echoes is more of a Thriller/Mystery than a Horror, though it is one of my personal favourite films ever.

I'm not a fan of Horror films really, but:

Ravenous (kinda horror)
28 Days Later
From Dusk till Dawn (again, kinda)
Versus

all I can think of right now.

Since SCREAM,

Lots of personal fav's:

Final Destination 2
13 Ghosts
Ghost Ship
Resident Evil

I just can't chose one

Aw come on! Where have you all been for the last 8 years? The only movies being listed are all big-budget (save blair witch), studio-produced, mediocre, mainstream disappointments! You have to look hard to find really good horror films, but I'll help you out.

Session 9
Ginger Snaps
The Devil's Backbone
28 Days Later
The Wisdom of Crocodiles (aka Immortality)
Wendigo
Urban Ghost Story
The Ugly
Stir of Echos
The Ninth Gate
Event Horizon
Deep Rising

There, that should keep you busy for a while. All of the movies I listed are quality horror and definitely worth your time.