Cell phone?

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I am looking in to getting a new smart phone. What does everyone else have? What are your likes and dislikes about said phone? Every bit of info helps! Thanks in advance.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I won't be much help because my cell phone doesn't even have Internet capabilities.

Hubby has a Samsung Captivate, and he loves it, but he's had it for about five years now, and he's looking to upgrade. He's been looking at the Samsung Galaxy S5.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I have a IPhone 5c and I love it. I never use my laptop anymore or a computer. Everything I do on the internet and on these forums is done by using my phone. All my formats, pictures, and reviews are all done on phone.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I'm one of those aholes who carries around 2 phones; they're both iPhones and I wouldn't trade them for anything. All of my posts on this forum(except the ones Swan did for me in the personal pictures thread) have been done on my iPhones. I have a friend who uses 2 phones; she got a galaxy to try in place of one of her iPhones. She likes it, but says the iPhone is way better. Just a tip-when I signed my contract at the A T&T store, I told them I work at one of the hospitals, and so I get about a 30% discount every month. Whoever you sign with, call them anonymously beforehand and find out who they offer these employee discounts too.

This question is for anyone who wants to answer it.

The iPhone is more expensive than many other similar cell phones, so what makes the iPhone so good? In other words, why should I pay more money for the iPhone over any other smartphone?

The iPhone is only $200 or $299 for the big screen if you sign a contract. I don't know how much the other one is but that doesn't seem like much.

I haven't had any phone for as long as I've had my iPhone 4S, and I still love it though I wouldn't mind a new one.

I think iPhone is the best, because their operating system is simple and easy to figure out, yet very advanced if you want it to be. You can't go "under the hood" as much or as easy as you can with Android phones, but iPhone is the best overall in my opinion, because everything is easy to figure out and fast to use, and still there are many ways to play around with it more if you like.

And don't listen to specs, because although some specs on the Samsung phones beat out the iPhone, the iPhone's actual peformance ultimately beat out Samsung. Not on all aspects, but on many. Just an example, the iPhone's 8MP camera won a camera test with phones that had up to 16MP with a huge zoom and blitz or whatever... It's not always how it looks on paper, and iPhone proves that ..... PS: I wrote this post on my iPhone, of course

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along to hubby. He doesn't need anything powerful. He pretty much only uses his phone as a phone, and to check his emails. There are a few apps that he uses for discount prices, (like Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, etc.), but that's about it.

He doesn't watch videos, listen to music, surf the net, etc. He doesn't even post on Twitter, Facebook, etc., and he only uses the camera out of necessity, (like after a traffic accident). We don't even have text messaging turned on.

Well my solution... I don't have a phone at all. No smart phone, No mobile. Just a land line with no long distance. And that's the way I like it.

That wouldn't work for us. We need the cell phones to keep track of each other during conventions.

This was my first cell phone... a Nokia XpressMusic.. its a slide up phone

Agent Simmons: [looks at a Nokia phone] Ooh. Nokias are real nasty. You've gotta respect the Japanese. They know the way of the samurai...
Maggie Madsen: Nokia's from Finland.
Keller: Yes, but he's, you know, a little strange. He's a little strange.

This was my first and only cell phone. Some people here weren't even born when I had this phone. I found out that I had no one to call anyway.

I had one of those. I think it was about 15 - 20 years ago.