Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

^ that's how I try to make my hair look each morning but I can never quite pull it off.

100% Agree on Captain American: The Winter Soldier!

Might be the 2nd or 3rd best Marvel movie in the Avenger series...

-Adam

Join Ben and Adam live every Sunday night 6pm EST on http://mixlr.com/next-level-radio/
www.nextlevelradioonline.com
Twitter: @NXTLevelRadio
Facebook.com/nextlevelradioonline

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
12 Years a Slave. 5 out of 5 stars. Fantastic film all around. Great performances, great writing, great direction, great...well, everything really. Definitely one of my favorites of the decade.

Coming Home (1978)

Huge surprise for me. I think I never watched it before because I'm not a Jane Fonda fan, but her and Jon Voight are incredible in this. Most movies that affect me emotionally, there's a build up, and then it hits me suddenly. This one was different, it had a constant hold of me from start to finish. I knew within a minute that I was going to love this movie. The ending was not quite as strong as the rest of the movie, or else it could've been top 10 material for me. It's a lock for my already overcrowded 70's list. One thing though: I am particularly vulnerable to movies with great classic rock soundtracks. If you do not like The Stones, Beatles, Hendix, Dylan, etc., you will probably not get the same experience as I did. This music played almost continuously through this movie.*

Coming Home (1978)

Huge surprise for me. I think I never watched it before because I'm not a Jane Fonda fan, but her and Jon Voight are incredible in this. Most movies that affect me emotionally, there's a build up, and then it hits me suddenly. This one was different, it had a constant hold of me from start to finish. I knew within a minute that I was going to love this movie. The ending was not quite as strong as the rest of the movie, or else it could've been top 10 material for me. It's a lock for my already overcrowded 70's list. One thing though: I am particularly vulnerable to movies with great classic rock soundtracks. If you do not like The Stones, Beatles, Hendix, Dylan, etc., you will probably not get the same experience as I did. This music played almost continuously through this movie.*
I don't think I've ever even heard of this movie until now, but I've just added it to my queue. Sounds interesting (and I'm sucker for such soundtracks, too).

I don't think I've ever even heard of this movie until now, but I've just added it to my queue. Sounds interesting (and I'm sucker for such soundtracks, too).
Holden Pike had recommended this in the 70's thread, and I'm trying to watch as many movies as I can that have a chance to make that countdown. It's chances just got a lot better, hope you like it.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
La Mala Educacíon (2004)

Wow, this was pretty good. I knew absolutely nothing about it going it other than it dealt with a boy being molested by his priest and was rated NC-17. I really liked the twists and turns the film took and liked how they portrayed the movie within a movie.

Lolita (1962)

It was okay. I thought it was beautifully shot and was interesting. I enjoyed watching Humbert's demise into a total lunatic. I don't think it should have necessarily been a film that started off from the ending because it did make the end of the movie rather dull.

Just watched Red (2010) for the first time, even though I've wanted to check it out for a few years now.
3.5/5

Cast was great as expected. I'm a little biased when it comes to John Malkovich. I could listen to that guy talk all day. The plot was decent enough. Not much to it, but I'm not sure there needed to be. Takes a lot for me to give a movie above a 4, so a 3.5 is pretty good on my scale. My one buddy told me this move was "awesome". Not sure I can go there, but it was a cool, fun movie to watch. I'll have to check out the second now.

-Adam

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Dial M for Murder 9/10

The movie gets better every time I watch it. The performances are stellar, the dialogue is great, and particularly Milland and Kelly are great. I love how the whole film is nearly one setting too. Hitchcock is a genius if I haven't said that before.

Seeing this on the big screen was a real treat! The action is much more intense when on a huge screen and the theater sound system. In addition they were showing the movie on film and not a digital remaster, so many of the old effects blended better then on my DVD copy. It was so cool to finally experience the movie that got me into movies on the big screen!

if i were to convince myself that i like a Tarantino movie, this would probably be the one. don't like the ending, but the first two acts are pretty good.

i don't like it as much as the folks who love it, but i'll go with a
+ for a respectable 7.5 | 10

and hey, when it comes to me or the Gunslinger45, up to this point, this is about the the best praise i can give for a Tarantino movie. not sure what Gunslinger thinks about it tho
I HATED Inglorious Basterds! I may not particularly care for his movies like Pulp Fiction, but I never hated them. THIS movie on the other hand pissed me off so much I have yet to see another Tarantino movie, and I sure as hell will not see another film of his in the theater.

I HATED Inglorious Basterds! I may not particularly care for his movies like Pulp Fiction, but I never hated them. THIS movie on the other hand pissed me off so much I have yet to see another Tarantino movie, and I sure as hell will not see another film of his in the theater.
Why?

For starters I have never been a fan of his dialogue. Just rubs me the wrong way. The Bastards are on screen far less then I expected to the point they felt like side characters in their own damn movie. I have no idea why they focused so much on the French woman, but the movie feels like a bait and switch after seeing this after watching the trailer.

So the characters I am trying to watch are barely in the movie plus it's very heavy on Tarantino's dialogue, but the fact that really put me off was that I had to sit through this for 2 hours and 45 minutes. It was painful. And I knew it would be after the first 20 minutes. Tarantino needs an editor who is willing to trim down scenes that go on for too long, because after this movie I could not help but feel he was too fond of the dialogue to any of it out.

And considering how much people love this movie, I know I am in the minority here. Then again I am in the minority when it comes to Tarantino period.

Inglourious Basterds didn't thrill me that much, either. Give Django Unchained a try, though.

DEFINITELY give Jackie Brown a watch. OMG, I can't believe you haven't seen it already.

Watch Django Unchained for Leonardo DiCaprio's role, then.

Jackie Brown, though, will not feel like Coffy or Foxy Brown, though, if you're expecting that. It will feel like... a Quentin Tarantino movie and one of those movies stuck together.