Dragon's Lair Animated Movie: AKA Get Don Bluth back to work!

Tools    

Hey kiddies! Did you grow up in the 80's or early 90's? Then you remember a time when animation titan Don Bluth made some of the most unique classic animated movies such as An American Tail, The Secret of NIMH, All Dogs go to Heaven, and The Land Before Time. And if you spent ANY time in the video arcades you know he helped animate an incredibly popular (and uber difficult) game called Dragon's Lair.

Well Don Bluth is raising money through an Indiegogo campaign so that he can have one last go at animating a feature film. And if you remember some of his final attempts like A Troll in Central Park and Penguin and a Pebble, you know that did not exactly end well. Well Don and Gary Goldman want to create a 2D DRAGON'S LAIR MOVIE! And I don't mean that it will be outsourced and Don is slapping his name on it, the old fart is actually working on the damn movie!

Now we can get a hand drawn feature film of the video game that haunted many a youth in the days of the arcade, and also let an animation legend have one last chance to create something special. And be honest, in a day where 3D CGI is now the norm, a little 2D animation is a nice change of pace. Here is the link to their Indiegogo page if you are curious or if you feel you want to contribute.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/d...lair-returns#/

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Loved this and Space Ace. Good mention!

Loved this and Space Ace. Good mention!
LOL, what a flashback. There was another in the same style at the same time as those called Cliff Hanger I remember.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Hanger_(video_game)

Edgar Allan Poe

Now we can get a hand drawn feature film of the video game that haunted many a youth in the days of the arcade, and also let an animation legend have one last chance to create something special. And be honest, in a day where 3D CGI is now the norm, a little 2D animation is a nice change of pace.
I would be interested in what he would make. However, it's not true that 3D is the norm since most animated films are still 2D besides high budget hollywood films I can think of any 3D animated films.