Troy

→ in
Tools    

ok, i went to see troy, i was looking forward to see it. Im a big fan of historical films, and war films. I read about the period before, about Achilles , gods , the greek kingdoms, etc. and here is my review.
This is a good film, the film is in the 3 act structure, it was done good not bad as an overall. The great thing about this story, is everyone is fighting this war for a diff reason. Achilles for glory, emperor for power, his brother for his wife, Hector for honor....Let me start with actors
******************SPOILERS AHEAD*****************
BRAD PITT: Does a great performance, as usual Brad fits any role, he proved that with characters like in 12 monkeys, legends of the fall, etc. He plays Achilles, one of the most famous warriors in history. Smart leader of the greek army, and fights not for his country or king, but for his own victory and glory. Great character, acting was calm, convincing and pro.

ERIC BANA: Although Hector of Troy was a stronger character than in the movie, Eric didn't last much. the FILM didn't show how glorious Hector was and intelligent he was, the film showed little of that. Eric bana gives a solid performance, good character.

ORLANDO BLOOM: OVERACTING FOR THE 1000TH TIME, He is not a good actor PERIOD, yes he might be an "entertaining" actor like it Pirates of the Carribean, but he is NOT a good actor, he OVERACTS, its like he is on STAGE in Theater,Theater is not cinema. the only reason why orlando is such a big hit, i dont think its b.c wow he did such an awesome job in LOTR but b.c of his looks= doesnt make him a good actor. But the best thing about his role as PARIS OF TROY is he is as bad as he is. Good job wolfgang choosing Orlando for that. Paris is a WEAK character, pathetic, dumb, coward, and Orlando did a good job in that lol. The love story between Helen and Paris was SO BAD AND UNCONVINCING, the love story of Achilles which wasn't the main romantic plot, was stronger atleast than that one. It shows a character change, Achilles showing emotions, etc. But the love story of PARIS and HELEN is CHILDISH, HESITANT, SUCKY, and destroyed. And what i hated about the character Paris, is not only that this war is b.c of his stupidity, but even though he is a prince, he just stood back to wear nice blue dresses. Silly character, and let me add silly acting.

PETER O'TOOLE: A legendary actor, come on, Lawrence of arabia, and lot of other great performances, you don't expect less.

the script was weak at the beginning, but got better later on. The camera work, effects, etc were ok, the blood and like the fighting sequence is good from a far view, but when close-ups came to see heads cut off were very bad, the camera would move fast u dont see anything, *braveheart did a better job than that lol*

Overall, the story is good, not 100 percent accurate to the original story because it was told Helen was almost killed and escaped with the spartas, AND her husband wasnt killed by hector, she fleeted with him to sparta..AN IMP. POINT THAT I SAW WAS..THE FILM SHOUJLDVE BEEN CALLED ACHILLES..b.c the trojan war lasted 10 years not weeks like in the film..the film focused till the last moment of ACHILLES...so it wouldve been better off called by his name..but that changed. Id give that film 8 out of 10. Still good, entertaining, worth watching. But not an epic

Hey dude, there are already two threads dedicated to this movie, why don't you use the friggin' search option for a change!?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Hey dude, there are already two threads dedicated to this movie, why don't you use the friggin' search option for a change!?
didnt see any topic that says TROY in the MOVIE REVIEWS where it should be...and change ur tone next time

I ate all your bees.
Nice review.

Originally Posted by GODFATHER
...and change ur tone next time
No. I don't think I will. At least you're not guilty of plagiarism or posting a pages worth of large photographs this time.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
No. I don't think I will. At least you're not guilty of plagiarism or posting a pages worth of large photographs this time.
You go Slay.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Last of the Female Nerds!
Oh, my gosh. brad pitt is so amazing.....

That we have.

Aff... how many girls here wanted to see brad pitt there? I don“t think he is that handsome and he is not such a good actor... he has the same face in aaaaal his movies

I don't care what anyone says. I thought the movie was awful.

I thought it was quite entertaining however I never knew that much about the Book or the myth of Troy in the first place. The thing that I didn't like was orlando blooms character causing the war in the first place. I mean come on. Do you really believe a king would risk his empire over his son's puppy love with some girl he barely knew?

Don't think so.