Scariest movie you saw as a child

Tools    

Red Dawn, when I was a kid and saw that I had nightmares for weeks about the russians landing outside my school and shooting it up.

Oh, yeah, definately, yeah.
I saw The Thing when i was like 7, lol.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Nightmare on Elm Street, i used to have nightmares.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

BANNED
The Exorcist and Child's Play scared me so much I had to go to my brother's room and sleep there. On the ground. Sad thing is, he's younger than me and much smaller too.

Oh, yeah, definately, yeah.
Originally Posted by moviefan20
Nightmare on Elm Street, i used to have nightmares.
Have you ever had that dream when you see Freddy and you don't know if it's really him or if it's just a normal dream? lol. I had those after I saw those movies.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Originally Posted by SaintDant3
Have you ever had that dream when you see Freddy and you don't know if it's really him or if it's just a normal dream? lol. I had those after I saw those movies.
Yes.

The Exorcist. hands down, the scariest movie ever made.

They used to show a lot of the old Vincent Price movies on tv when I was little and they scared me for a while… that man had the coolest voice but creepy as hell… ... Other then that it would have to be The Exorcist...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by OG-
The scene that got me in the Ghoulies was in the end when the guy goes to sit down on the toliet and the water ghoulie comes up and bites off his arse. I was scared to sit down on the toliet for months after seing that.
I gotta agree! That got me good when i was a kid.. and the bathroom experience was never the same ever again!

Another movie that frightened me but i enjoyed was Flatliners (1990).

Also gotta agree with others in saying Stephen Kings 'It' scared me as a child. The bit when the clowns head cracks open was charming. Also i was scared of paper boats, gutters and clowns for a lot time!

Originally Posted by OG-
ET scared me. Just what he looks like. That whole sequence in the begining with the baseball and the candy is freaky. And ET just looks freaky. With his extendo neck etc. And then they break out with the grey shriviled ET at the side of the creek. It scares the crap out of me.
Me too. For some reason ET made me bug when I was a kid. The first horror movie that I saw that scared me was -get this- Child's play 2. Like the part when he's beaten the teacher. God, I was like 7. It's hard for movies to scare me now because I understand movies too intricately. It's like, that movie was pretty gorey. Who did that? Tom savini? Wow, he's got a talent. ha ha.

I still cant get into the feckin water past my waist!lol I go to the swimming pool and avoid the deep end!ha Seriously!

Wow, Jaws never scared me. I think the scariest thing I saw when I was little was the episode of X-Files when they find a guy that can fit through the heating ducts. I was about 6 I think *shudder* I still get freaked out when there's a square one in my room. I think I'll forever be disturbed by the OD scene in Pulp Fiction, my dad let me watch it when I was about 7. I was into Resevoir Dogs and other Tarantino movies by the time I was 9.

I was six when I first saw Close encounters of the third kind and it freaked me out. When all those alien kids poured out of the ship, I remember I started screaming like a maniac. My older sister had to move back into my room with me, just so I (and everyone else in the house)could sleep.

I know that this movie is more funny than scary, but when I saw Freddy's Dead The Final Nightmare as a kid, I saw Freddy in my nightmares many nights...

This was some movie from the 80s called The Boogen. All I know is that is scared the **** out of me and I looked under cars for the damn thing for years and had nightmares cause of it. Not to mention Aliens, Jaws, and Gremlins.

My friend thought it would be funny to show me Candyman when I was about 9 and that has messed me up since. Jk.

Halloween always gave me the creeps. I always thought I would see michael just ahead of me down the street staring at me and then disappear into the bushes just like in the movie.

Also Prom night was a little freeky.

there were two psycho and the jerry lewis version of the nutty professor..scared me so much that i hadn't watched as an adult until two years ago when we bought the dvd...

Originally Posted by susan
there were two psycho and the jerry lewis version of the nutty professor..scared me so much that i hadn't watched as an adult until two years ago when we bought the dvd...

What scared you in the nutty professor?

The scaries movie i saw as a child was probably 'Killer Klowns from Outter Space'

All I know is that it put me off clowns...seriusly put me off them, and now i have a phobia of those...ugh.

Also, I remember watching 'Nightmare on Elm Street' and that scared the bejesus out of me.