Steven Seagal

Tools    

One man for the job but the right man
After seeing a movie of his on TV ( I dont remember the title at the moment ) I noticed his movies are not so bad. But, i went online and did some reading on him and i saw lots of criticisms on him saying stuff like hes a bad actor or that his movies or that he cant act for ****. Do anybody agree with this? IMO I dont think hes so bad...

Employee of the Month
It`s Seagal. And after seeing 2 of his movies ("Under Siege" and another one), I have to say: He`s bad. Very bad. And I like his colleagues Jean-Claude, Silvester and even Rutger and Chuck N.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
First of all, it's Steven Seagal. For a fan of his, you should know that.

If you consider type-casting and rehashed scripts to be not bad, then no, he should have won an Oscar years ago. His movies are essentially the same story over and over. This can be said with other actors, sure. However, Seagal takes it to a whole other level.

Will Sasso, of Mad TV, did a spot on impersonation of him. So yes, to answer your question, he's a bad actor.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm going to have to agree with this criticism. I did enjoy Under Seige when I was a kid but whenever I watch that or any other of his movies I'm always left wondering why I'm doing so. He is a bad actor and now that he is quite a bit older and heftier; watching some of his fight scenes in his recent movies have been nothing less than comical.

I did enjoy this:

I still love Under Siege, but there's no doubt (and there never has been) that the man can't act. I'd also go on about how slow the fat lump moves, but that's just me.

Honestly, I haven't seen enough of him to label him a good or bad actor. I catch glimpses of him on television every now and then, and he always seems like he's playing the same character. I even read somewhere that critics refer to it as "Seagalism."

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have never liked him at all I dont know what it is but he sucks I just dont like him at all

Steven Segal is one of the most talented, naturally gifted actors out there.

Proof:

I always hear people complain about his 'lack of acting' but this is merely conformist behaviour. If people actually looked at his films in an unbiased manner, they'd find he is incredibly talented and has fantastic range.

His top 5 films would be:

1. Fire Down Below
2. Out of Reach
3. Belly of the Beast
4. Into the Sun
5. Nico

It is disgraceful he is not widely recognised as a cinematic icon, surpassing even Brando in terms of believability and plausability as an actor.

Hollywood's greatest shame was that Segal never got best Actor for any of his films at the Oscars. Particularly for Fire Down Below and Out of Reach, which were classics.

I am disgusted at the flippant replies here.

This is supposed to be a movie fan forum right? Poor show.

So it's Lime, huh?
Lime's been gone all day too.

So it's Lime, huh?

I can no longer take you seriously...
You took this person seriously? Now that's funny.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I agree he is a decent actor, because he seems natural and at ease on camera, more so than a JCVD.

But the comparison to Brando is a bit ridiculous. Why don't you just not come to the site if you don't want to be here. Why does it take a ban?

Do you need a friend? I'll be your friend.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Semper Fooey
Steven Segal is one of the most talented, naturally gifted actors out there.

Proof:

I always hear people complain about his 'lack of acting' but this is merely conformist behaviour. If people actually looked at his films in an unbiased manner, they'd find he is incredibly talented and has fantastic range.

His top 5 films would be:

1. Fire Down Below
2. Out of Reach
3. Belly of the Beast
4. Into the Sun
5. Nico

It is disgraceful he is not widely recognised as a cinematic icon, surpassing even Brando in terms of believability and plausability as an actor.

Hollywood's greatest shame was that Segal never got best Actor for any of his films at the Oscars. Particularly for Fire Down Below and Out of Reach, which were classics.
If there was any doubt this guy was a complete put-on, this makes it clear. To say Steven Seagal is an underrated actor is one thing. But to cite as his best performances and classics his worst films, direct-to-video cheapies, shows he's just horsing around. This is what he cited as "proof" Seagal is "incredibly talented and has fantastic range."