Getting into the horror genre...

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Like when you said "you'll make me cry"?
Oh for god's sake. I love how on here you can be a total prick then claim you were just joking. The OP is asking for horror genre to start off with. You knew exactly what you were doing so cut the bullsht.

Oh for god's sake. I love how on here you can be a total prick then claim you were just joking. The OP is asking for horror genre to start off with. You knew exactly what you were doing so cut the bullsht.
How was I being a prick? I thought it was obvious I was joking.

You even responded to my initial Cannibal Holocaust post saying I was just joking.

You big meany, swnny. For this your avatar must die!!!

Very nasty movie, Mag. He's just joking with ya.

I also took it as a joke. A lot of us here are used to ribbing on each other. Swan didn't mean anything by it and I'm sure magician would search a movie before considering watching it. If not the title, certainly the synopsis and images alone would give him an idea of what to expect. Your concern is appreciated, Dani. You're a good egg. Swan's good people, I assure you.

Group hug.

I also took it as a joke. A lot of us here are used to ribbing on each other. Swan didn't mean anything by it and I'm sure magician would search a movie before considering watching it. If not the title, certainly the synopsis and images alone would give him an idea of what to expect. Your concern is appreciated, Dani. You're a good egg. Swan's good people, I assure you.

Group hug.
Thanks MonnoM. I usually make jokes without putting much thought into them, and here I just kinda figured magician would look into the flick before watching, or might even know of it already since it's pretty infamous. I wasn't trying to trick him. I'm not that clever.

Not spoilery, OP. Just remember, everything he makes contains long pig

We had a lot of fun with that in the fandom trying to come up with recipes for vinaigrette and beer.

And then people went insane with cooking

I even spent a Hannibal day trying to see if I could make brains and saffron look like scrambled eggs.

So much fun. Except for the brains. They smell weird. I went vegan for several months because of that show.

Wow, even Dani saw CH. I've never seen it, nor will I ever.
One of my favs. It's exploitation, but also really engrossing. Jungle Holocaust is another good, somewhat tamer, flick from the same guy.

One of my favs. It's exploitation, but also really engrossing. Jungle Holocaust is another good, somewhat tamer, flick from the same guy.
What was good about it apart from the fact he was dragged through court. It's a terrible movie with terrible actors IMO, and certainly not the sort of film I think is appropriate to recommend to a new viewer of the genre.

Re93animator talks to Monno regularly so he knows he is a fan of horror and he was expressing his disappointment at Monno a fan of horror not a newcomer not wanting to watch it. He didn't say a thing to Magician.

It's one of the most interesting, darkest experiences I've had with a film. The exploitation aspect hits me on all levels because I like that kind of stuff anyway, but to me the film transcends it's exploitative exterior for something that just feels... profoundly intense. Part of it is how real a lot of it feels (and some of it genuinely is). It's pure cinematic nihilism at it's finest. I'm not a fan of the idea that art has to be pleasant, and I think Cannibal Holocaust is the antithesis of that sentiment. It's dark, brutal, and entirely unpleasant to watch, for the most part... but man, it's one of the most effective films I've ever seen in what it sets out to do.

Re93animator talks to Monno regularly so he knows he is a fan of horror and he was expressing his disappointment at Monno a fan of horror not a newcomer not wanting to watch it. He didn't say a thing to Magician.
I'm only new here myself as you know. I havent got a clue which regs talk to each other nor is it relevant. My comments were about the haw haw it was only a joke hijack about cannibal holocaust for a new guy politely asking for recommendations to get into the genre.

I'm only new here myself as you know. I havent got a clue which regs talk to each other nor is it relevant. My comments were about the haw haw it was only a joke hijack about cannibal holocaust for a new guy politely asking for recommendations to get into the genre.
Then you were unnecessarily baiting Swan over something that was finished in a response to someone else. You were the first one to say it was a joke and after Swan confirmed it was a joke that was clearly it finished, Magician would have read Swan confirming it was a joke so there was no need for you to try and provoke him in a response to re93animator.

Anyway, think this has been overblown. Magician will read these posts and if he/she didn't already know to avoid it they will now.

Then you were unnecessarily baiting Swan over something that was finished in a response to someone else. You were the first one to say it was a joke and after Swan confirmed it was a joke that was clearly it finished, Magician would have read Swan confirming it was a joke so there was no need for you to try and provoke him in a response to re93animator.

Anyway, think this has been overblown. Magician will read these posts and if he/she didn't already know to avoid it they will now.

Good grief. I tried to deflect the comment by playing it down as a joke, then it went on and on. Dont tell me I was baiting because I certainly was not. I like extreme horror but I do not think it's appropriate to shove it in the face of someone who nicely asks for a lead in to the genre.

Good grief. I tried to deflect the comment by playing it down as a joke, then it went on and on. Dont tell me I was baiting because I certainly was not. I like extreme horror but I do not think it's appropriate to shove it in the face of someone who nicely asks for a lead in to the genre.
You took it as a joke at first and in your very first post after Swan (jokingly) suggested it you told Magician not to watch it, so even if Swan was being serious Magician would know not to watch it pages ago. Plus Swan stopped posting before your response to re93animator were you dropped Swan in for no reason, so yes you are baiting. And how did he shove it in his face? He made one joke post then since then all he's been saying is that you are overreacting,

The truth is in here
Xtro
Prom Night (1980) (Of course I mean the original!)
Final Destination (The first three are all worth watching, but especially the first one. It's by far the most wellmade one and the scariest.)
The Omen (just in case you haven't seen one of the most iconic horror movies of all time)
The Amityville Horror (1979) (I keep recommending this one to death, since it's still underseen)
The Dentist & The Dentist 2 (Are they scary? Maybe a bit, thanks to Corbin Bernsen's perfect performance. But most of all they are damn funny to watch!)
Carnival Of Souls
Cat People (1942)
The Invisible Man (1933)
Day Of The Woman (WARNING: VERY HARD TO WATCH)

You took it as a joke at first and in your very first post after Swan (jokingly) suggested it you told Magician not to watch it, so even if Swan was being serious Magician would know not to watch it pages ago. Plus Swan stopped posting before your response to re93animator were you dropped Swan in for no reason, so yes you are baiting. And how did he shove it in his face? He made one joke post then since then all he's been saying is that you are overreacting,
Wow. Mind blown.

OK moving right along...

So Mag, have you started watching anything yet?

Yep. The funny thing is Dani is trying to "stand up" for Magician, but by doing so is basically underestimating Magician's common sense. I've never doubted for a second OP is level-headed enough to see what I said for what it is - harmless. If I knew someone was going to misinterpret it this intensely, I wouldn't have said it.