Inception. Or how to make dumb people feel smart...?

Tools    

Inception,in my opinion,is just an action film with a more original dream theme.I just hope it will be forgotten.
Why would you want to "forget" a good movie? That makes no sense to me. In my opinion, Inception has a very solid replay value, and is just a great movie to have in anyone's Blu Ray collection.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Yeah, it's still there in your post for all to see. I just don't see the point of your response, since you started your post as if you somehow disagreed, then agreed anyway and reiterated the same point... ?
I disagreed with you seeming to compare Inception unfavourably to that crap Vanilla Sky. Which you subsequently explained you weren't trying to do.

Otherwise, I agreed with your point that Inception wasn't completely original, and continued my post by giving my own response to the film and the thread in general.

Have I explained my post for you sufficiently now?

I disagreed with you seeming to compare Inception unfavourably to that crap Vanilla Sky. Which you subsequently explained you weren't trying to do.

Otherwise, I agreed with your point that Inception wasn't completely original, and continued my post by giving my own response to the film and the thread in general.

Have I explained my post for you sufficiently now?
Wow, that seems kinda like attitude... Like "How the **** did you not understand me in the first place", right?

Yeah. People shouldn't like movies.
Heh heh. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. I like watching all sorts of films, but it would be a bit arrogant to push a film I enjoy just because I think it will somehow change a person's tastes... or to attack a film for the same reason.

Perhaps I'm misreading you?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Wow, that seems kinda like attitude... Like "How the **** did you not understand me in the first place", right?
Button pusher.

But why should an action film not be a great film?
It can be great if it's stylish and innovative.Take Die Hard - an example of an action movie,so good that its structure is being copied over and over.And it still is stylish - action,some cheesy jokes,tough characters and overly bad villains.Now,I don't see anything memorable in Inception since nothing really stands out,except for that popular meme.
Of course if you don't remember it, it can't have been there.
I've seen it maybe a year or two ago.There are films which I haven't seen in 4+ years and I still remember their gorgeous look.

Compare it to something like Avatar which is played extremely safe and is so clichéd in terms of plot. Okay Inception might fall short in people's eyes but at least it tries something ambitious for what it is. It's easy to say it's how to make dumb people feel smart, but if you compare it to many blockbusters it asks a lot more from a less serious moviegoing audience than a lot of films do.
I don't think that Inception is a very "risky" movie.It's not so complex either.Memento was a tougher nut to crack but as the movie goes it becomes easier and easier.You get the pattern quite easily and then it doesn't look so special.
But I can agree that it's just a successful blockbuster.But that's it. :/

Me? I used Dreamscape, The Cell, and Vanilla Sky because of their entering dreams/lucid dreaming stuff, not because I think Inception is "crap" compared to them. Being a remake doesn't disqualify from that. Besides, I feel my meaning was clear enough when I wrote: It was made well but not really particularly original and I'm only criticizing relative to the hype of it as "mind-blowing".

That's not what I'm saying. There's nothing wrong with not being adventurous, but it is wrong (maybe that's not the right word, this fits in the same vein as most issues with the Internet, too many voices, with a small percentage that are meaningful) to have a culture that doesn't support or even is inherently (if not purposely) against being adventurous. It should be a nurturing culture, but much like most of the Internet, exploration is treated more commonly with hostility and with adjectives of pretentious and counter-culture or anti-mainstream than encouragement. Not in relation to this website, which has some very interesting and informed people with years of experience. And I kind of got off track, but what I mean to say is that I think the setup (meaning the Internet) leads to a lot of false knowledge and prejudice.
I can see where you're coming from, but you shouldn't be worried that much about 'the culture'. It is what it is (sadly). A lot of people are just not interested in exploring and when people like you are pointing out that they should be more adventurous, they will start bashing you. That's the way some people are.
Just enjoy the cinematic craft on a personal level and look for people who have the same interests so you can have decent and enriching conversations, instead of constantly having to argue with people who don't even care about the subject.

Bottom line... Inception is a good movie.

Now stop pushing buttons!

Ok.... Have it your way.... Inception is the crappiest of the crap movies ever released. Its a scourge of society like cocaine! Happy?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Ok.... Have it your way.... Inception is the crappiest of the crap movies ever released. Its a scourge of society like cocaine! Happy?
Meth is worse, but you pretty much got it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Inception. Or how to make a decent movie hated by hipsters and hyped by weekend movie watchers.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.