Favorite MoFo quotes

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Just post some of your favorite quotes from somewhere on MoFo, well there are a couple of them, but I think these two take the cake

I think Moviemaker said this:
"Elbow kissing- 2nd base
Chest bumping- 3rd base
Boxing- HOME PLATE!"

and then this last night in the shoutbox with me and witts

Originally Posted by Lennon
Originally Posted by witts
Does this have something to do with Jessica?
Did you graduate from the elbow?
'
HE BOXED!
Now I want to know how many rounds he lasted
and how well he was paid for the fight?
And if "his ass went down in the 5th?"
And if he went for the upper cut in the 7th
also, there was when Holden Pike told a guy advertising an illegal site to die

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Hahahaha, yes, I did say that, and I'm glad that it caught on.

My favorite quote has to be when Nebbit called me Movieguy (not as a nickname), and I was like, are you serious?

and then there is the Mass Ignore: threads

I give it: one shotgun, two bushy frowns, and a big okay. ~ Golgot (rating Cop Land)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I give it: one shotgun, two bushy frowns, and a big okay. ~ Golgot (rating Cop Land)
Haha! This is priceless.

I'd like to kick Baltar in the balticles -Austruck

MoMak- I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of how AWESOME I am.

MoMak like 4 posts ago -
My favorite quote has to be when Nebbit called me Movieguy (not as a nickname), and I was like, are you serious?
so unnecessarily indignant! I can imagine him pacing around his room with a baseball bat all like "If she calls me movieguy again I'll sue her for lible!"
Vintage Movieg- erm, Movie Maker

There were some pretty good burns recently too, I'll have a lookie loo later.

Great thread lennon

gummo said:

"I woke up. I came on my computer. The end. edit: ewww I came on my computer..."

Yes I happen to find myself amusing

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Well, shanking her outside would have been just as effective
Yeah, well... they like fresh meat in prison....

1. In what ways did the legal system help Jeff Wigand blow the whistle?

There's an old law on the books in most states that is rarely enforced by the courts but can be used if necessary. It's the dreaded Triple Dog Dare. If somebody from the district attorney's office absolutely has to gain information for the record or wishes to shame you into licking a frozen flagploe, they simply say, "I Triple Dog DARE you!". At that point you have no legal recourse but to take the dare. This is what happened to Jeffrey Wigand, both in Michael Mann's film and in real life.

2. In what ways did the legal system hinder Jeff from blowing the whistle?

Ah, but then once the information was obtained they threw in another old legal maneuver, "Red Light, Green Light". They just kept taunting him with "Red Light", and Wigand was forced to freeze exactly where he was. Then they'd give him a "Green Light", but almost before he had taken a step, legally speaking of course, they would very quickly shout "Red Light!" again. Cheeky bastards.

3. What was the personal price paid by the two whistelblowers in the film?

Banishment from the kingdom. The only way they can return is to slay the dragon that lives in the Misty Mountains.

4. What view is given of corporate America in the film?

Rosy!

5. What power did Brown and Williamson have?

Jim Brown could pound a hole in the line or spring to the outside, and damn if he couldn't catch a pass on the screen or out of the backfield too. He had all the tools a running back could ever want: speed, agility, size, toughness and durability. He was the first man to reach 10,000 yards rushing and his records for all-purpose yards stood for many years! As for Sonny Boy Williamson, that man could play the harmonica and make you cry!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks guys!

No problemo! You should watch The Insider sometime for yourself. The Musical numbers get a little repetitive, but the special effects are amazing, especially the space ship.

Can I do your math homework now? 6x15 = aquamarine

You ready? You look ready.
"I wish women were like movies because then I could sit there, not say a thing, and leave whenever I felt like it." -PimpDaShizzle V2.0
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

"I wish women were like movies because then I could sit there, not say a thing, and leave whenever I felt like it." -PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Well, if you like that quote so much, you should put that in your signature or something.

You ready? You look ready.
Well, if you like that quote so much, you should put that in your signature or something.
Dude, , I'm actually going to put what you just said in my signature. Hysterical.

Originally Posted by Ðèstîñy
Duct tape, my ass.

You're a Genius all the time
"I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but some people are just stupid."
-- OG-
Yes, I loved OG-'s review of The Mist so much, I decided to browse through some of the older write-ups over in his thread. This doozy of quote came from his tremendous Sin City review...

"I always come off as some hateful, egotistical prick in my rants about the idiocy of some people, but I really am a nice, accepting guy. Some people are just stupid."
~ OG-

Yods: You wrote a story about a mime named Religion?

I think that's the greatest thing I've ever heard.