Films That Made You Feel Dirty

Tools    

You kidding? I love that sequence so much that i have to change my pants after watching it.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...dirty....

MIB (one) disgusted me a little bit with all the roaches, especially the big one. ewww!
But very funny movie nevertheless.

If I had to pick just one film that makes me feel dirty, it'd have to be Mysterious Skin. Straight away, the general tone of the film is uncomfortable. I believe it's purposely so.

WARNING. MIGHT BE MINOR SPOILERS

When you realise what these two kids have gone through and that their altercations with paedophiles and homosexual sex maniacs have put them in the situation they are, you really get a sense of a surreal yet completely unstable world in which the worst things can happen to the most innocent of beings on this planet....kids.

Joseph Gordon Levitt's gay prostutite just had me feeling very miserable. The deperation in the character is unlike anything i've seen before. Ok, maybe we saw something similar in Requiem For A Dream, but the characters ways of life are a bit more disturbing. I think it has something to do with the way it's filmed, i'm not sure.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It's pretty obvious that the people behind 300 aren't racist, misogynist, gay bashers, just that they're willing to play at it for fun and profit.
Man, I felt the same way when I saw The Little Mermaid...the people behind it don't really care about mermaids, they are just pretending to make money off little kids. It's sick. And I only recently found out that Star Wars isn't actually shot in space? You know what, I feel cheated. And I lost all respect for Stanley Kubrick when he withdrew A Clockwork Orange. I really thought he was encouraging gang violence since he made a film about it, but it turns out he wasn't.

I really, genuinely believed that everything in a movie was a real and true representation of life and the views of the people that made them and starred in them. Why would you star in a movie about racism if you weren't a racist, or a movie about pirates if you weren't a real pirate? Why would you do that to the innocent, trusting movie going public? Why?

Blue Velvet
A Clockwork Orange
The Dreamers
Last Tango in Paris
Frenzy

See the trailer here:

You kidding? I love that sequence so much that i have to change my pants after watching it.
lol, that's my point Zeiken. I loved it so much I felt guilty since it's all based on revenge there heheh.

That clown deserved it anyways. And yes, I watched that part like back to back to back to back then too....Ok, feeling guilty again.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
I was actually rereading this thread, and realized I never answered the initial question. I would have to say Triumph of the Will made me feel pretty freaking vulgar--the admiration I have for the execution of this film is limitless, but the subject matter makes me feel like I shouldn't be liking this so much.

I was actually rereading this thread, and realized I never answered the initial question. I would have to say Triumph of the Will made me feel pretty freaking vulgar--the admiration I have for the execution of this film is limitless, but the subject matter makes me feel like I shouldn't be liking this so much.
I, of course, love it without reservation. I think you have to look at it in its historical moment without the baggage of what came later. Adolf Hitler in 1934 was not the same man he had become by the early 1940s, when the stresses of war began to twist his judgment and his personality beyond recognition.

Alright, I'll take the debate if no one else wants too...

Since you chose not to enlighten us with where you felt 300's homophobia, I am going to venture a guess and say that the characterization of Xerxes illustrates the homophobia of Miller, Snyder, and co. (This being the point of contention I have heard from others. If yours differs, feel free to enlighten me.) Xerxes is pointedly feminine. However, his femininity only stands in contrast to the masculinity of the Spartans. Persia is decadent and soft, Sparta is pure and hard. The Spartans actually seem to laud homosexuality. The hunchback is tempted with woman, while the Spartans rebuke their women in favor of the men around them. Their adoration of Leonidas crosses the line from hero worship to admiration.

As for the right wing values, I cannot begin to find what would force you to question the intensity of Snyder/Miller's belief, but I hardly think that is relevant. A king stood alone in his moral rightness, while a Senate was led astray by corruption. King = good. Senate = bad.
Oh, come on. It's not just Xerxes who gets the gay treatment. Virtually all the Persian characters (even the women) are at best of ambiguous sexual leanings (in addition to being dark skinned and often physically disfigured). What about that 'boy lovers in Athens' comment? The way 300 uses homosexuality and physical imperfection as visual markers of evil ought to give anyone who isn't a ****ing Bible Beater pause.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Oh, come on. It's not just Xerxes who gets the gay treatment. Virtually all the Persian characters (even the women) are at best of ambiguous sexual leanings (in addition to being dark skinned and often physically disfigured). What about that 'boy lovers in Athens' comment? The way 300 uses homosexuality and physical imperfection as visual markers of evil ought to give anyone who isn't a ****ing Bible Beater pause.

300 doesn't pit homosexuality as evil though--the comment on the Athenians questions their masculinity (I will grant you the intrinsic homophobia in that, but I still do not believe this follows in your initial argument of the film's creators manipulating bigots.) While effeminate, Xerxes never expresses any homosexual tendencies.

What I am willing to admit, is that this film does seem to present a fear of liberal sexuality--but I think this drives home the presence of other right wing values (i.e. strong military led by moral monarch).

I, of course, love it without reservation. I think you have to look at it in its historical moment without the baggage of what came later. Adolf Hitler in 1934 was not the same man he had become by the early 1940s, when the stresses of war began to twist his judgment and his personality beyond recognition.
Yeah, but it's what came later that, you know, makes me feel so dirty.

Fargo- I felt kind of bad for laughing along with steve buscemi when the wife was running around.

Fargo- I felt kind of bad for laughing along with steve buscemi when the wife was running around.
Ditto. I mean I laughed but I didn't feel bad for laughing heheh. I suppose I didn't take that part too serious. I was more laughing at him laughing I guess.