Great Hick movies from the 1970s

Tools    

I just saw it. Easily the most non-woke movie that ever could be watched. They killed roosters so off-handidly even I felt a little guilty watching it. Warren Oates was awesome.

God I even love the movie posters from the 70s. All of them are drawn, and painted rather than photos or photoshopped. I can see now why Tarantino loves this time period now.

Not quite siure it fits what you want, but it's a damn good film and it set in the 70's. I'd have had it on my war countdown if it'd qualified.

Southern Comfort

Not quite siure it fits what you want, but it's a damn good film and it set in the 70's. I'd have had it on my war countdown if it'd qualified.

Southern Comfort
Great Movie!
Kind of like... Stripes meets Deliverance!

I literally just finished watching this an hour ago lol! Holden suggested an obscure one I just watched a few days before. Next one I'll be in the middle of watching it.

Texas Chainsaw, Nashville, and Deliverance have been suggested multiple times. I've seen them all.

Alot of these I'm gonna have to buy to watch, just picked up Boxcar Bertha (believe it or not Scorcese directed it) and getting a week free of ScreenPix to see Bloody Mama. Also grabbed Bonnie's Kids which looks like it has no redeeming value whatsoever, like Cockfighter.

Ugh! Sorry Culliford, but I tried watching Bonnies Kids and couldnt even get to the 25 yard line, gawd awful. Id have to relapse on weed to ever try that watch again, but even then I think it would kill my high.

All the Kind Strangers (1974)

I have strong memories of this movie even though it was made for TV.

A man traveling through a backwoods area is held hostage by a group of orphans who want him to become their father. Unfortunately, the kids have a habit of killing adults who refuse that particular honor.

IMDB describes it as a horror / thriller.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071120..._flmg_t_76_act

I remember it being very creepy (because there was something very Children of the Corn about a family of backwoods, killer orphans, and hey, maybe this movie inspired Stephen King?) yet it was very enticing.

This is another made-for-TV movie and one that probably wouldn't qualify as a "hick" movie as it takes place in suburban California, yet it has a similar feel to some of the movies mentioned.

Outrage (1973)

I used to love when this was on the 4:30 movie because I like revenge films.
The villains are actually local teenagers from affluent families (basically upper-middle-class white trash). It's kind of like a suburban "Death Wish" but where the revenge is much more toned down & a bit more creative than outright killing.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070497...flmg_t_106_act