Actors you dislike, but don't know why

Tools    

Keanu Reeves doesn't count because it's apparent he can't act, and is overly blessed. I imagine because he's a great human being in a business lacking such.

Im talking about actors you don't like, and have no reason or idea why.

For me right now, it's Adam Driver.

This may change as others I just didn't take to at first have won me over (Liam Neeson, Denzel Washington). Yes Adam is in great company. Am I alone in this weird way of opinion?

Brian Keith, seems like too much of a toxic alpha male to be a likable character. However if he's playing the bad guy then that quality works well.

Not a fan of Spencer Tracy & Katherine Hepburn but I wouldn't go as far as saying I dislike them in movies, just don't gel with them and usually not interested in their movies with a few exceptions.

Debbie Reynolds...I do like her movies but she always seems to come across as too self-important, unless she's playing an entitled brat then she works well.

I'm sure I can think of some more

All the actors I dislike, I know why. No mystery.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

There's a lot of hate out there about Owen Wilson and I don't know why.

Actors I hate without rationalization:

Gwyneth Paltrow

Jenifer Lewis

JB Smoove

Ken Jeong

Marlon Wayans

Jenny McCarthy

Jimmie Walker

Amy Schumer

Adrian Zmed

Robert Clohessy

Joe Pantoliano

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001592/?ref_=tt_cl_t_8

I'm going to attribute this to maybe the fact that the guy has played so many bad guys and he's such a great actor that you can't help but dislike him? His role in The Sopranos, for instance, was so detestable that you practically cheered when Tony finally offs him. But I've always gotten a skeevy feeling when I see Joe on the screen.

Brian Keith, seems like too much of a toxic alpha male to be a likable character. However if he's playing the bad guy then that quality works well.

Not a fan of Spencer Tracy & Katherine Hepburn but I wouldn't go as far as saying I dislike them in movies, just don't gel with them and usually not interested in their movies with a few exceptions.

Debbie Reynolds...I do like her movies but she always seems to come across as too self-important, unless she's playing an entitled brat then she works well.

I'm sure I can think of some more
Rules, just curious... did you ever watch Family Affair (1966 - 1971)?

Rules, just curious... did you ever watch Family Affair (1966 - 1971)?
I watched a little bit of it as a kid, I seem to remember the guff voice of Brian Keith scared me. Though I know he played a kindly man in that show.

I watched a little bit of it as a kid, I seem to remember the guff voice of Brian Keith scared me. Though I know he played a kindly man in that show.
I guess my first exposures to Brian Keith were Family Affair (TV series), The Russians Are Coming The Russians Are Coming and The Parent Trap. He was pretty much a sweetheart in all of these.

A lot of this stuff depends on initial exposure and first impressions.

For instance (to add to my list)...

Alec Baldwin (I disliked him long before there were good reasons to).
Richard Gere (no idea why I disliked him)
Warren Beatty (ditto)

However, each of these guys has been in movies and done performances that I do really like, regardless.

I guess my first exposures to Brian Keith were Family Affair (TV series), The Russians Are Coming The Russians Are Coming and The Parent Trap. He was pretty much a sweetheart in all of these.

A lot of this stuff depends on initial exposure and first impressions.
Agreed. I just realized Brian Keith played a Bajoran in ST Deep Space Nine...he was really good as a crusty old man who refused to be evacuated from his home. So maybe I'll scratch him from my list!

Alec Baldwin (I disliked him long before there were good reasons to).
Richard Gere (no idea why I disliked him)
Warren Beatty (ditto)

However, each of these guys has been in movies and done performances that I do really like, regardless.
Now I like Alec Baldwin as an actor even though I know he's been a bit of an ass in real life. I like his snaky, self serving, cut throat characters that he plays and he plays them a lot.

Richard Gere I don't care for him when he was a young heart throb but as an older actor I've liked him OK.

Warren Beatty, never liked him and I can't figure out why he literally slept with every other woman he met, according to legend. I remember seeing him on Letterman and he seemed like an air headed dumb ass. I don't like him. In fact maybe I'll replace Brian Keith with Warren Beatty

Agreed. I just realized Brian Keith played a Bajoran in ST Deep Space Nine...he was really good as a crusty old man who refused to be evacuated from his home. So maybe I'll scratch him from my list!
I'll trade you one Brian Keith for a Warren Beatty!

But seriously, I've never seen that episode of DS-9 (the one series I didn't follow). I have a hard time picturing Brian Keith playing science fiction!

I never watched Family Affair. The red headed kid is named Jody, and thats my middle name, and i didnt like that kid.....in fact the whole show creeped me out like old grandmother candy. As a child I would rather watch the news than Family Affair.

I dislike all current rap actors in movies, because almost all of them are former drug pushers. Even Tupac, ESPECIALLY Tupac who was the most overrated nonsense in music or film. Its bad enough the crack dealer karaoke killed whatever was cool about rap music, now I got to see them on film, oh hell naw!

Even as a fan of Harvey Keitel and Dennis Hopper, I still dislike both of them.

I don't know what it is. They are in loads of movies I adore. They are key reasons those movies I love work. And yet when they are on screen I frequently don't want them to be there.

Joe Pantoliano

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001592/?ref_=tt_cl_t_8

I'm going to attribute this to maybe the fact that the guy has played so many bad guys and he's such a great actor that you can't help but dislike him? His role in The Sopranos, for instance, was so detestable that you practically cheered when Tony finally offs him. But I've always gotten a skeevy feeling when I see Joe on the screen.
I love, love, love, love, love Joe Pantoliano

Welcome to the human race...
The only correct answer. If you're going to dislike someone, at least figure out why.

I never watched Family Affair. The red headed kid is named Jody, and thats my middle name, and i didnt like that kid.....in fact the whole show creeped me out like old grandmother candy. As a child I would rather watch the news than Family Affair...
I never liked that kid Jody either. I don't why but yeah Family Affair kinda creeped me out too, same with the ugly little doll with granny glasses...ouh!

I never liked that kid Jody either. I don't why but yeah Family Affair kinda creeped me out too, same with the ugly little doll with granny glasses...ouh!
"Mrs. Beezley"

The question is: who was more famous... Mrs. Beezley or Kitty Karry-All?

(Only Chucky and M3gan know for sure!)

Quoted for truth.

FTR, it's usually their face, except for Satan, where it's the fact she's Satan.