THE SILVER SCREEN

Tools    

Hi Capt. We love our big island. You playing?
I would if I had any idea about the last entry, but sadly I don't.

P.S. (Over here we have a long island... it's called Long Island!)

He was called the "true architect of Hollywood" by his peers. Foreign born. Did something that changed the way the motion picture was produced and presented.

Name this Hollywood pioneer and his claim to cinematic fame.
He was called the "true architect of Hollywood" by his peers. Foreign born. Did something that changed the way the motion picture was produced and presented.
I don't recognize his face. Going by your hints, it could be Louie B Mayer when he was quite young.

Sorry I took so long getting back to you Orson. This man was born in Hungary. He did the same as Mayer but 12 years earlier. His initials are AZ

Your hint clinched it. Adolph Zukor. In 1912 he started Famous Players, then Paramount Pictures Corp., and bought a string of movie theaters in which to show his films.

Your hint clinched it. Adolph Zukor. In 1912 he started Famous Players, then Paramount Pictures Corp., and bought a string of movie theaters in which to show his films.
Good work Doc.

What was the significance of this building on Sunset and Gower in Hollywood in 1911?

Was it Paramounts first studio?
\
I am off to bed.

Y'all made some really good guesses. But, so as not to drag it out, it was the Nestor Film Company, which later became Universal Studios. It was the first permanent film studio in Hollywood (1909). There had been 1 or 2 others, but they were in L.A., not Hollywood. It was also the first one to construct a sound stage.

One of you guys can do the next one...

~Doc