Post-Oscars Perspective

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
PWC almost lost the contract. This year they added an extra person and no social media/cell phones backstage for PWC folks.
Thats all become very horrible. I was reading this morning after seeing your post that they've both been 'banned' from any Oscar events for life.. OK that doesnt seem too absurd as they didnt lose their jobs, but the death threats they are receiving on the net, serious enough that they now have security 24/7? Good fracking dog. What kind of psychotic sends death threats over a bloody oscar envelope? That's insane!

Yeah, I believe it was determined that they simply handed Beatty the wrong envelope. He noticed it said La La Land, but also notices Emma Stone's name, which is why he hesitated and started looking off stage. And he made a point to hang onto the envelope to prove it, probably because he knew otherwise that people would blame him, assume he was just an addled old man, etc.

Anyway, there's a pretty interesting oral history of the whole thing that goes into more detail.
My point exactly...Beatty KNEW he had the wrong envelope and instead of saying something to someone backstage, he just handed the envelope to Dunaway.

oh... my... GOODNESS.

http://sonyclassics.com/callmebyyourname/

I... I can't.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

I'm just glad Oldman won. He was the best nominee by far. Incredible performance and well deserved win.
lol no

Oh, and check out the header image at the article I just linked.

Look familiar?

MY favourite part?

Everyone's eyes on stage, but Ben's?

On Matt.

Matt's face is priceless, but nobody commented on Jennifer Garner and Michelle Williams' facial expressions.

Even Mel Gibson seems to be dumbfounded.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You say Jane Fonda didn't look happy when she read Oldman's name out, eh? She never looks happy to me.
*Laughing again about Jane not happy when she read out his name. I dont think that's true. It looked to me the entire time she was on the stage that the fake eyelashes were causing her problems and she was having trouble even opening her eyes, or maybe she was tired. She is 80 after all,and like everyone else probably up for 20 hours preparing then sitting through the oscar crap they all have to prepare is fantastic fun but whatever floats your boat to keep crowing about Gary in an attempt to bring his win down to some level.
Then blowing smoke about Tim's win once again.
I suppose you're both going to tell me Brie was happy when Casey won, correct?

Trust me, I can understand a whole lot from one's body language or expressions. It has nothing to do with eyelashes or old age.

And no Dani, It's not to bring Oldman down. How would such an assumption result in me trying to devalue his win? It doesn't make sense, nor will it even affect anything. I understand your concerns considering I was against this win several months beforehand (not to mention I didn't like his acceptance speech either ) But... just trust me here.

He won. That's 'that.' And Fonda certainty wasn't happy. I think (much like Larson) It's mostly to with those accusations. I hope we don't have to endure another year of a Best Actor Winner with accusations, that result in a vocal backlash that results in nothing. It's getting tiresome.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I suppose you're both going to tell me Brie was happy when Casey won, correct?
The only brie I know is a cheese so I have absolutely no idea if it is or is not happy about an Affleck.

why is this being bumped again? Anyone?

I don't know if she's happy or not, but man, she is so smoking hot! I'm sure I've said that before but I'll use this as another opportunity to sing her beautiful praises.

I just have to say. I'm losing faith in the Oscars. It's not the best movie that wins anymore. It's the most socially ''woke'' movie that wins. Was Shape Of Water a bad movie? Definitely not. Was it best movie Oscar worthy? Nope. I'm happy Del Toro won for best director I genuinely like the guy. (Guess we have a diversity problem in Best Director. Where is the outrage? Only Mexicans win it.) But Shape of Water while entertaining has it's problems. The villain is weak as hell to me. Jenkins character's side story was too SJW for me.
WARNING: "shape" spoilers below
And I think having the lady actually get intimate with the monster is a barrier too weird for me (who knows maybe this movie will be remembered for exposing all the beatilityphobics )

But listen is was a good movie. I just don't think Best Picture worthy at all. Dunkirk to me was far and away the best picture of those nominated (I dug Lady Bird as well). Nolan pushing the envelope of film once again. Just awe inspiring visuals and a new perspective on a war movie. He should have won best director as well. You think any of the other directors in that category could have directed Dunkirk? Nah.

And to top it all off to me the best movie of the year didn't even get nominated for anything of importance except cinematography which thank God it won. Would have been a felony if it didn't. Blade Runner should have been the run away winner for best picture. That thing was a flipping visual masterpiece (the story was great too, I think it was better than the first). I mean are Oscar voters freaking blind? Pathetic. I'll tell you why Blade Runner didn't even get nominated and Dunkirk didn't stand a chance of winning: POLITICS.

There was no way in living hell Blade Runner stood a chance of getting nominated in this political climate of #MeToo. There was no way Nolan or Dunkirk was going win during the #OscarsTooWhite. Neither stood a chance. It's a damn shame. It's the best damn movie or director that should win. Not because they have a vagina or they are "diverse" aka anyone not white. And I've yelled at the Oscars for not nominating for example Creed and Coogler/MBJ. Not because they are black and are being shut out because they deserved to be nominated that year. Creed was amazing and guess what? It didn't have to use race as a crutch! Those two directors and movies pushed cinema forward. Shape Of Water was Beauty and the Best underwater.

Oscars and award shows use to be my guilty pleasure. Now I just can stomach to watch them. I still deep down love the Oscars but they are just a big liberal virtue signalling extravaganza now. What a shame.

I had to get that ish of my chest.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)