Coming in from the cold

Tools    

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Hello! My name is, Dash (of the feminine variety), I inadvertently stumbled across the website whilst websurfing for info/opinions involving the upcoming Elysium. I thought I'd take a moment or two to take a peek around until I found with each passing day a 'moment or two' had grown into a time period of more significance. Finally that thought that had been nagging in the back of my mind, the thought that I tried so desperately hard to bury in the deepest depth of my cerebrum came bursting forth with a crystalline realisation...I'm a lurker...

...I thought it past due when I should stop my shameful lurking ways, come out of the woodwork and register; and in time bringing me here where I can publicly acknowledge my past bad habit and start the process of reformation by firstly making my presence known and secondly participating.

On a more serious note--I am impressed with the conversation here; great posts from a variety of posters and a wide range of discussion points. So much to read, so much to discuss, debate, share...I hardly know where to start (!), and I fear I may well be out of my depth amongst it all.

I don't have any one favoured film genre. My taste is best described as eclectic; from slasher zombie flicks, Sci-Fi, thrillers, fluff comedy, fantasy, hard hitting drama...from indie to blockbuster. More often than not I enjoy a film for unpopular and sometimes hard to fathom reasons.

Looking forward to rifling through the forum's drawers.

Hi, Dash. Please tell me you don't believe in free will.

Nah, you probably do. Dead Poets Society is very free will friendly.

Warrior is one of the best movies ever.

Hi Dash

'Lurker' would be a good title for a film

Hi, Dash. Please tell me you don't believe in free will.

Nah, you probably do. Dead Poets Society is very free will friendly.

Warrior is one of the best movies ever.
When I am given a single unified notion on what free will is then I'll be able to give you a yes or no answer.

Warrior...yes. Honesty forces me to admit that I wasn't enthused about watching it when it was gifted to me as I thought it was simply a fight movie, but as it was a present (and the extra incentive of Tom Hardy) I felt obligated to give it a whirl. I was so very, very wrong! There and then with my first viewing I fell in love with it. It is only one of a handful of movies I have ever watched back to back.

I know some people have voiced loudly that Warrior is a bundle of far-fetched conincidences tied up with a ribbon and bow of cliches, however, I was pulled into the film so emotionally--finding myself emotionally invested in both the characters of Tommy and Brendan--that they simply took on a coat of acceptance. The ending felt like a punch in the stomach...I wept like a babe.

I thought both Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton's performances were captivating and memorable. Nick Nolte did a fine job; though I cannot fathom him garnering an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Paddy.

I could babble on more about Warrior, but this is not a review thread so I best stop running off at the mouth...or typing off at the fingers...

Welcome to Movie Forums, Dash.
Thank you for the welcome, Yoda.

Thanks kindly, nebbit.

A very good introduction, and I'm sure if you've enjoyed lurking then you'll enjoy being part of the forums as a full time member!
The difficulty is finding my feet, however, everyone appears to be genuinely nice and may forgive if I do or say something stupid. And thank you.

Welcome to the site Dash... nice Top 10 too
Thank you muchly, ... you are obviously a person of good cinematic taste if you approve of my top 10.

Welcome, Dash.

for Leon, The Empire Strikes Back and The Usual Suspects.
Thank you, honeykid, for the welcome. Another person with good taste.

Hi Dash

'Lurker' would be a good title for a film
It's not a film already? Hmm. Hello to you, too.

Thank you for the welcome everyone, it's much appreciated.

Thank you, honeykid, for the welcome. Another person with good taste.
Thank you. However, I'm sure that comment will come back to bite you on the arse.

It's not a film already?
There is one called "Lurkers", CC.

Thank you. However, I'm sure that comment will come back to bite you on the arse.
I'll be sure to always don ballistic panties on my MoFo visits then.