The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Tools    

What do you think about the upcoming sequel for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey? I want to see this as fast as I can, but it's still in development, this will be the most epic movie I will ever seen.

The first movie was a hit and was awesome and cool, the movie consists of: Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf and the dwarfs.

Thoughts?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I just hope that it's better than the first part.

The first film was actually awesome, I just hope that Desolation of Smaug has much more actions about fighting, I like the comedy in part 1.

But in that case the narrative seems disjointed. Also, there is material for a 100 minute film in The Hobbit, adding material from other books may increase the total possible running time to like 120 - 125 minutes. Unless you include so much material to seriously disrupt the narrative.

I watched the first movie, it took 160 minutes to deliver as much information as a regular film would deliver in 40 minutes. It was one of the most excruciating long films I ever watched. I like slow paced films like Tarkovsky's, but in these art films are slow paced so you can look at the art, in The Hobbit there isn't art, only entertainment and it delivered too little entertainment for too much time.

I am a massive Tolkein fan, so I actually liked that PJ explored some of the minor plot points of the Hobbit.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I still haven't been able to finish the first part, sorry but I loved LOTR but The Hobbit IMO just sucks, makes a great animated film but not a very good movie.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
As a huge Tolkien fan I own that I can be hypercritical when it comes to anything involving even the minutest bastardisation of the original Tolkien works, and by watching the first released trailer I know that The Desolation of Smaug isn't going to to escape my criticism.

As an aside...the CGI surrounding the elves (movement/physicality) looks horrendous.

I don't understand why everybody hates the first, it was good, and enjoyable. Sure it was a bit too long, especially the first act, but I enjoyed it. Maybe it's just me but I could watch the magical world of Middle-earth being brought to live like this and the LOTR films all day long, some of the sequences were brilliant as you would expect. Although not on the same level of LOTR, I am looking forward to the upcoming parts, it will be better to judge it once it's all together anyway.

Hate's a strong word, but it's really mediocre. As someone who adores the trilogy it really pains me to say that, but I just can't deny that it was really bloated, sometimes boring, and made some story changes that really go against the entire point of what Tolkien was trying to say. I was pretty let down by it.

I think I probably get bored easier than most people here when watching slow movies, but I was never bored during The Hobbit.

Needless to say, I'm really excited for part two.

Hate's a strong word, but it's really mediocre. As someone who adores the trilogy it really pains me to say that, but I just can't deny that it was really bloated, sometimes boring, and made some story changes that really go against the entire point of what Tolkien was trying to say. I was pretty let down by it.
Okay, maybe not 'hate', but it feels like everyone was disappointed massively, whilst I am not quite sure what they were expecting. Although it was a very long time ago, I loved The Hobbit as a book when I was a child, and the film did bring back memories of it, only thing I think I noticed they changed was the orcs but I am not completely sure, but I liked the orcs and their leader in this film. I was never bored during the film or found the animations or anything distracting/fake, although I watched in standard 2D and that.

Wasn't a massive fan of the first movie but as far as I remember Smaug is a dragon and a film featuring a dragon can't be too bad.