Make Your Picks

The 2021 Oscar Preview Podcast

Tools    

For the tenth (!) consecutive year, I'm joined by @Holden Pike and @mark f for our annual Oscar Preview podcast.

This year, topics include the late Chadwick Boseman's performance, whether Glenn Close will finally take one home, the increased recognition of streaming titles, landmark nominations in Best Director and Best Actor, and lots more.

The best way to listen is to subscribe with iTunes. The next best ways are to just download it with this link (or add the podcast feed into your RSS reader). Or you can just listen right now with this embedded player:

I realized as I was finishing up that it would be a good ending, and then when I slotted it in I realized how well the lyrics of the second verse fit, on multiple levels. It was a really lovely bit of serendipity.

Unrelated but I noticed I left a little orphan fragment in there that didn't fit very well so I'm uploading a very very slightly different version in a moment.

Didn't see this till now. I'll give it a listen soon.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I just saw this from the bump. I would have missed it completely, otherwise. I thought it went up 7 minutes ago, then noticed ALL THE POSTS and wondered how on earth were you people able to see and post and be conversational all within 7 minutes. Even the Shoutbox ain't THAT fast.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy."
- Captain Steel

Hadn't seen this. Will check it out soon.

The trick is not minding
Hadn't seen this. Will check it out soon.
Itís fun. We all log on and join the chat and rib on the actors we donít like.

And in one persons case, lust after all of the gorgeous women on it......itís me, Iím the one person.
👀