2023 in film - The Halfway stage

Tools    

I've watched 58 films from 2023. It's been another amazing year for cinema and I have a few ones yet to watch that look excellent. Top 20 so far:

Gonna come back later & put the movies I haven’t seen here into Letterboxd. I love choosing movies from photos - so much better than reading all the blurb for which I don’t have time.

Gonna come back later & put the movies I haven’t seen here into Letterboxd. I love choosing movies from photos - so much better than reading all the blurb for which I don’t have time.
Came back later & half the films I haven’t seen. Not only have I not seen them I have never heard of them! So much for The NY Times keeping me abreast of new releases! The New Yorker magazine only reviews one or two movies per week so we have to let their British movie critic off the hook.

Anyway the movies I haven’t seen or heard of are now Letterboxd. I have 148 movies in my watchlist there.

I think you have more knowledge of European movies than we do here. You being European & all.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the photos & the choice of good movies. 😎

It's already December and I still haven't seen that many 2023 films. Especially compared to the last couple of years.
My favorite ten so far:

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

This Pedro Costa's 2-minute-long short might be better than any other 2023 film I've seen. Dude just gets it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.