Atlanta (FX TV Series)

Tools    

Brian Tyree Henry played that opening scene of ep 5 with that reporter. "Just cause you're dressed like a sixth grader don't make you my manager." God, what is it with Darius and weapons? And he's a terrible shot too. Paper Boi looked really out of place in that basketball game. Those shooters confronting Darius about his target had me on the floor. Looks like Earn could stumble onto some important contacts completely by accident and saying just enough and not too much. OK, that Janice is a certified psycho. "I'm gonna make sure that you die homeless." Loved the blink and you miss it cameo from Jaleel White. The fight on the court was kind of funny. Wow, Melissa really put Paper Boi in his place.

Opening of ep 6 brought us an odd peek into Vanessa's backstory that really didn't offer a lot of information. These two girls have obviously been competing with each other since they were kids. Lot of bad blood there but not sure what it has to do with this current story. Loved Vanessa's earrings. "I don't know the protocol for this, I never worked at a place where smoking wasn't encouraged." Vanessa trying to flush the weed out of her system is stupid, that never works. What's the point of buying urine? Most drug testing nowadays someone watches you pee. Wait a minute...was Vanessa trying to cook urine? Is that a thing? The cooking urine thing may not have worked out, but they justified the whole plot point by Vanessa being fired anyway. A real drug test someone would have been watching her pee. OK, the kid made up like a mime...what was that all about?

My problem with Paper Boi appearing on this Montague show at the opening of ep 7 is not so much Paper Boi's attitude about being interviewed, but why this show would want Paper Boi in the first place. OK, what the hell is going on with this episode? Somebody needs to explain to me what's going on here. Those who have watched the episode know what episode I'm talking about. I have to admit the cereal commercial was funny. Love Paper Boi laughing at Harrison. "You look like a fake Ellen Degeneres, like an Ellen Defeneres." What the hell was that?

I don't know why, but I was surprised at the beginning of ep 8 when Earn referenced The Hobbit. Loved the spilled wine on the tablecloth spelling out the title of the show. Loved the lukewarm reception at the announcement of Paper Boi being in the house. What was the point of almost five minutes of screentime watching Earn wade through the crowd on the dance floor? The guy posing with the invisible car was hysterical. Something's definitely wrong with Darius...that look he was giving that girl was creepy. Lakeith Stanford played that scene with the bouncer. Don't understand Earn...if he hates all this, isn't he in the wrong business? So this scumbag Chris was dodging Earn all night over $750? Glad Paper Boi got his money, How is Chris going to call that armed robbery?

E9- Juneteenth. The title as a tramp stamp...love it. The window fight was silly...choose your battles, Earn. "Smile, this is a celebration, not an orphanage." Like the way they revealed that Monique is Vanessa's mother because we sure wouldn't have known otherwise. Craig needs to be punched in the face. "Can we stop pretending that we aren't who we are?" Didn't really get Vanessa's little breakdown in the bathroom. "I like Craig, but I love my money." Craig doing slam poetry was so embarrassing for him. Sex in the car on the side of the road....awwww.

Ok, up to the season 1 finale already. Paper Boi pontificating on the history of sushi was pretty funny. You didn't bail me out of jail when I was in jail." Did they just shoot a guy over a jacket? "I'm really flattered that you think I could sell drugs." OK, I'm confused...he can't pay his share of the rent to stay with Vanessa, but he can afford to stay in a storage space and play with hundred dollar bills? Confusing and lackluster season finale.

Season 2 opener, here we go: OK, the opening scene...what show was that from? What IS going on with Paper Boi and Darius? Glad Glover re-thought his haircut. Loved Katt Williams as Willie...can't believe he locked Yvonne in the closet. Well, I hope we'll find out this season why every time Paper Boi says jump, Earn says how high. That's the first up close shot of an alligator I have ever seen. Very strange episode, but Katt Williams was superb.

The opening of ep 2 was an eye opener. That was messed up the way Paper Boi got took like that. why does Earn want Paper Boi to work with these people? That was funny when that guy offered to supply pictures for the office. I guess I'm a morn because I don't understand this gift card scam. Earn went to Princeton and he's living in a storage locker?

The woman who does this tweet at the opening of ep 3 had me on the floor. Love that the tweet helped the single go gold. Can't believe that waiter disrespected Earn like that. "It's gonna be less that you expected, but more than I was." A rapper who doesn't smoke or drink? Seriously? "Cause one thing you want to do when you're drunk is sit in a chair for two hours." That thing with the hundred dollar bill was really messed up. Vanessa got Earn with that "red-handed" thing. Can't believe that guy's replay when Earn asked him if he had the counterfeit marker. "Yeah, I'm talking to you, Annie Hall." 20% and a two hundred dollar minimum? Really? ":She's been under house arrests for giving illegal butt injections." Wow, who knew strip clubs were such a racket? Why is this strip club only digging into Earn's pocket and not Paper Boi's? That guy Tracy is a bum, he's got to go. Very strange ending to the episode.

Very strange opening to ep 4. How did Vanessa talk Earn into attending an Oktoberfest event? Vanessa needed to be slapped for the way she was acting with that bartender. Doiesn't Vanessa see that Earn is not feeling this? "it's the only white game I know." I'm glad that it was addressed that Vanessa doesn't like going to strip clubs because I couldn't figure out why it wasn't mentioned in the last episode. Why does this episode seem to have been made to make Vanessa look like a bitch? We can be good together when we really have to be? What the hell does that mean? An event like this doesn't have an inside bathroom? Earn seems to be as honest as he is capable of being with Vanessa, but it's clearly not enough for her. Don't really understand the hoops that Vanessa is making Earn jump through.

Paper Boi's barber made a funny opening to ep 5. Paper Boi needs to lose this barber, this guy's a moron. And how has he survived on the earth this long without someone choking him out? L\oved when Paper Boi told those boys to go to school. Really didn't catch what made Bibby hit that parked. Bibby may be a moron but he does know how to cut hair. This ep was kind of silly, but it did display the beautifully understated acting skills of Brian Tyree Henry.

Darius pulling up to a mansion in a U-haul? Nothing good can come of this. God, that guy's makeup was creepy. Who keeps a soft-boiled ostrich egg in their lving room? So someone else was watching Darius on the security camera? Darius needs to get the hell out of that house. Very strange episode. This show is beginning to lose me.

I'm giving ep 7 a chance. Do we really give damn about Vanessa and her bubble=headed girlfriends? This whole getting into the van to get to a private party was kind of creepy. Something tells me Drake isn't even at this party. I don't buy that girl being that affected by a marijuana gummie. Brandon is too hot to be true, I hope Vanessa watches her step. How did Darius get into this party and what's he doing with Nadine? If that's really Drake's bedroom, someone should have caught Vanessa by now. I had a suspicion this wasn't Drake's house but we did learn that he was not there, which is pretty much the same thing. There was an interesting moment here and there in this episode, but in the grand scheme of this show, I didn't see the point. Again, this show is really starting to lose me but I'm going to try and finish the second season.

All I can say is that Atlanta is surrealist, and any attempt to watch it as if the events are all actually happening and have to make sense in some kind of believable world will definitely bounce off it, hard.

I had a feeling this might be the case because the show is starting to make less and less sense to me, but your post, Yoda, at least confirmed that what I'm starting to experience here is not something you haven't heard about this show before so, I'm going to try and stick it out.

OK, let's try season 2 ep 8 and see what happens. Are we really meeting Paper Boi's mama now? There's something seriously wrong with Darius. I'm really hating this ex-girlfriend of paper Boi's, she is so full of herself. Don't like that she's trying to separate him from Earn. Brian Tyree Henry nailed the scene where he walked on Sierra, which he should have done long before that. Who was that text from that Paper Boi received? I thought those fanboys were going to offer him a ride, not jack him, he didn't deserve that. They got his wallet, why did they feel they needed to hurt him too? The police would have been no help to Paper Boi. Did we really need to see the dead deer? Wally...the crazy guy in the woods with the chapstick...what was that about? I don't understand why he didn't call Earn or Darius for a ride right after he left the nail salon. Was Wally just a figment of Paper Boi's imagination? I did love the final scene in the bodega though.

I was kind of glad to see Paper Boi packing his piece at the beginning of ep 9. He still needs to get rid of Tracy. And apparently Earn agrees with me. I don't get what's going here...who is this woman and why they are staying at her apartment? Oved Darius' pajamas. Id on
t believe Tracy actually pushed that girl down the stairs. Paper Boi at a fraternity? No good can come from this. What happened with that girl at the pajama party was not Earn's fault, but I have to admit I think Paper Boi needs stronger management. As long as these two have been working together, Paper Boi should be doing a lot more than he is. I just realized the actor playing Tracy is Khris Davis who just starred in Big George Foreman. Was destroying their clothes really necessary? What was Earn thinking, the guy is like twice his size. There wasn't a mark on Tracy. Best episode of the season.

OK, Season 2 ep 10. OMG, remember FUBU? There was a time where you weren't cool unless you owned something that said FUBU on it. Seems a little odd we're getting childhood backstory for Earn two seasons in. Why was young Paper Boi in a uniform? Earn's going to get beat down over a shirt? Nobody wear a suit for a piano lesson. Interesting episode, but it should have been somewhere in season one.