Star Wars Episode 3

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
WARNING: "Star Wars Episode III" spoilers below
Obi-Wan points out as Anakin is rolling around in liquid-hot-magma that he was meant to destroy the Sith. Maybe he wasn't actually supposed to be the one to destroy them, but his experiences with the Jedi's was meant to bring their destruction. If it weren't for the Jedi's he never would have met Padme, might never have had Luke and Leia, but because he did leave Tatooine and have his adventures, and the kids and all by doing this he fulfilled that prophecy. He was never meant to destroy the Sith. He was meant to be the reason the Sith were destroyed - meaning Luke. Destiny works in mysterious ways.
Umm, actually- the prophecy was correct. It just worked out a lot uglier than the Jedi council knew.

Clearly- you forgot Luke isn't the one who
WARNING: " Star Wars Return of the Jedi" spoilers below
kills the Emperor. Darth Vader kills Darth Sidious/the Emperor in Return of the Jedi to save Luke who was reeling from his Dark Force lightning attack. He throws him into a bottomless pit. Watching his son dying brought him back from the dark side.

It really made perfect sense since putting his family first was what turned him to the dark side to begin with.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Still havn't seen the Falcon in Episode II, but i did find the attached image lurking on the net.. its "apparently" the Falcon in Star Trek: First Contact.

Also the Falcon apparently appears in BladeRunner as well.

(And the Enterprise 'E' is in Episode I, behind Padme's shoulder, out the window)
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	FalconFirstContactZoom.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	4920  

Episode 3 has as much eye candy as a room full of victoria's secret models. It's such a visually impressive movie that I walked out of the theater at 2:30 am thursday morning with my brain all frazzled. I really thought I loved it then but, after I regained control of my brain,there are a few things I want to nit pick.
WARNING: "Concerning Padme" spoilers below

Unfortuantly,Natalie Portman was waste of acting talent (and eye candy, Was I the only one who was shocked at how bad she looked in her first scene,That's a face only a wookie could love). Her character was weak and unsure of herself, which is in complete contrast to Episode's 1 & 2.

While this is Lucas's fault,the way they explained her death really bothered me.Why on Earth errrm uhh Coruscant would she lose her will to live, when she is about to give birth. I'm sure there are more than a few mom's that was little annoyed at that. Having her die like this left me feeling disapointed. It lacked the emotional impact that I was looking for,but thats not the only problem with this. Its how everything ties together for me. Anakin's rather quick submission to Sidious does'nt make sence to me. How does one go from turning him in the the Jedi Council , to being his apprentice without even batting an eye lash ? I think if she dies before he completly turns into Vader makes for that really heart wrenching twist I'm sure Lucas was trying to write.

I would have loved this movie if this would have happened.

Anakin goes to fight General Grievous,all along thinking about what Sidious told him about preserving life and saving Padme. Padme goes into labor and dies.The children will be saved and kept secret from Anakin because they learn the truth that he is the father. He returns from his mission and meets with Sidious and learns of their deaths. THEN he convinces him to turn to the dark side.

The impact of this scenario would've hit me much harder than what actually happened.

Theres more little things that are minor and can be overlooked, Its just
this one flaw that dropped a posssible 3.5 to 4 star movie to a 2.5 to 3
Legends of the Fall
BraveHeart
American History X

Insanity Rulez, i agree with everything you just said except one thing. I never did find Natalie Portman a very good actress in any of the films. I never believed she fit in that role as Carrie Fish did with her character. She was boring to watch and unconvicing as a princess who can use a laser blaster. The only time she looked and acted the part was in episode 1 when she was in her Princess getup.

Originally Posted by Mako Eyes

And don't get me started on Darth Vader shouting "Noooooooooooo!!!" at the end...

*shudder*
I nearly died when he did that

I mostly agree with the general complaint so far: the acting. There are a lot of people who argue that acting may not be best suited for this sort of film, but by gor... how much better could these films have been if only the delivery was tweaked? Miles better, I'm convinced. The lines don't even have to be altered. These are professional actors, no? One of the critical differences between this and a movie like Empire is, quite simply, the acting. It's bad enough at times that it takes you completely out of the film, just as you settle into it. Yoda was more convincing than probably 90% of the rest of the cast with his facial expressions alone, and I don't mean that facetiously. There could have been a little less droid buffoonery as well, where it just seemed a bit unnecessary. This might so easily have been so much more than just the last installment, all the elements were there.

I have to agree about the Darth Vader wail, also. It was almost like the intro to a Back Street Boys video, circa 2000. One of their more upbeat numbers, right before the whompy bass comes in and the other members appear from the background in similar but different colored outfits. And that body language. It was as if they took all the stale and affected delivery of Hayden Christensen's lines and somehow were able to phyically manifest it into body movement.

I enjoyed it very much, otherwise. The action was, more often than not, outstanding. Also, the shot of the planet with the massive flora was magnificent, my jaw just about dropped. If only there had been a bit more visual teasing like this, and a little less indulgence with some of the cityscape backdrops. Anyway, it seemed like a well-intentioned effort, on the whole. At the very least, it provides a much more worthwhile talking point than did the previous two installments (from my view). Hopefully there can be lessons taken from it.

Did anyone notice, toward the end... was that supposed to be Peter Cushing? If it was, he looked a bit rubbery and fat faced.

Originally Posted by hobbledyhips
Did anyone notice, toward the end... was that supposed to be Peter Cushing? If it was, he looked a bit rubbery and fat faced.
Yeah, it was Tarkin. And a very excellent lookalike if you ask me.

It says something when the cartoon series is actually better than the first two films.
I liked the 3rd film tho but i feel it could have been a great film but to many missed opportunities and with george lucas directing, made this only average.
The saving grace is ian mcdirmid as the emperor, best thing about the film, when it should of been darth vader.

My friend said that at the end of the credits the words "Episode 7 coming soon" appears. Anybody else witness this.

Originally Posted by jrs
Yeah, it was Tarkin. And a very excellent lookalike if you ask me.
It was a nice touch, like Pyro said, but I still say he looked as if he could use a bit of sleep.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
He was probably cgi anyway
No tarkin was legit- i saw a makeupsession with him. Prosthetic cheekbones, though, i dont think anyone has the facial structure of Peter Cushing.

So just wanted to share- at the midnight showing of Ep. III the guy behind me FELL ASLEEP, and STARTED SNORING. I can ALMOST understand falling asleep at a midnight showing, but SNORING? Yeah, blasphemy, i know. The funny part is he was forced out of the theater by a barrage of popcorn and toy lightsabers. The applause was almost louder than the first Yoda appearance in the movie.

I just watched this movie a few minutes ago, and I though it was great, but after reading these comments, I'm starting to reconsider. The action was great. They certainly put a lot of work into the CGI. I really like the space combats, but they really should have hired some Chinese man to do the dueling scenes. I thought that the plot seems like it was rushed through, I mean, OK the story did span over six films, but I expected much more than just pretty pictures, especially from this "last" one. I'm not a major SW fan. I don’t own any SW collectable, or Jedi posters, but I have watched all the films, and I admit more than twice for each. Overall, I think that this is still a film that I will end up watching eventually again, and I don't consider this film to be a waste of time. You really have to watch all of them in the order that they've came out to enjoy ROTS. And as for SW vs. LOTR, I also saw LOTR twice, and I STILL HATE IT!

Originally Posted by moviesonline.ca
So everyone heard about the rumots that started when George Lucas mentioned more possible Star Wars movies. George has set things straight on MTV.

"This was never planned as a nine-episode work," Lucas said. "The media [pounced when] I made an offhand comment, 'It might be fun to come back when everyone's 80 and do another one of these.' But I never had any intention of doing that."

"Sith" may mark the end on an emotional level, too. "All the good guys die," he said, laughing. "And you know, it's pretty dark. It's pretty intense. I'm not sure this one is going to end up a PG like the others were."