Movies You Avoided Seeing (for various reasons)

Tools    

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
But I do remember seeing Amistad, I didn't remember the plot of it, but I did see people of one race being treated badly because they were black, and I saw them suffer unjustly.

Now, I didn't come out of that movie violent, repressed or angry but I did have the ability to discern what is right and what is wrong. I'm glad I learned.
I am glad it didn't affect you you can't say because it was good for you then it is a good thing for all children People can learn right from wrong without being exposed to human suffering, abuse or racism.

District B13
Originally Posted by nebbit
I am glad it didn't affect you you can't say because it was good for you then it is a good thing for all children People can learn right from wrong without being exposed to human suffering, abuse or racism.
I wish I could agree with you, but I have evidence to the contrary from many different POVs in terms of race, religion, and socioeconomic background.

You may live in a region where everyone knows right from wrong, but i don't, and where I live, A child's eyes should be pryed open to see Schindler's list. They will be horrified, so that when someone says "jews are taking over america" in a nasty way, there will be justice to protect from ignorance.

history *is* moralizing
so that when someone says "jews are taking over america" in a nasty way, there will be justice to protect from ignorance.
or you can come to the result that saying that "it's weird that 40% of journalists are Jews in a country where less than 0,5% of the population is Jewish" is purely prohibited. (i'm not saying US here)
or where criticizing the fascist politics of Israel is considered equivalent to antisemitism.

District B13
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
or you can come to the result that saying that "it's weird that 40% of journalists are Jews in a country where less than 0,5% of the population is Jewish" is purely prohibited. (i'm not saying US here)
or where criticizing the fascist politics of Israel is considered equivalent to antisemitism.
I love the counter culture today, it's ok to hate jews now.

First off, just because a large percentage of jews are involved with the media does NOT mean that they will jewify or distort the media. They belong to a group of people, and if they hold their beliefs to those that will listen instead of those that are forced on people, saying that something is being taken over by jewry is very assholic, and I'm pretty sure people who makes jokes like that will be burned in hell. And to the satisfaction of anyone who watches them burn.

About Israel ~ That is some **** answer you gave that is easy to make a joke about. I, for one, like any human being who actually looks at the situation can come to the very average intelligence solution that the jews shouldn't be taking the land from the Palestinians. It is already written in fact what is good and what isn't good, the Jews leaving the Gaza Strip is good.

Here is another thing, why should you care if Jews hold a large percentage of the media market shares? Neo Judaism is about the most tame thing ever, they do not force their beliefs on people and they certainly couldn't be more biased than the likes media we have today.

And, to tell the truth, being a Jew will probably give you a hand up in that culture. But here is another truth, if you are a mormon running for office in a mormon district against a non mormon you win, every time. If you are an evangelist faith healer and you need a place to stay someone who shares the faith will open up their house to them. Someone who views religion as preposterous superstition will be called an intellectual by the same people.

Because, whatever you are, it follows you, the benefits and the negatives. It's the facts of life, like the Holocaust, it's a truth that you must accept.

Now, let me tell you another thing. People who say Jews control the media are basically saying that the media is controlled by zealots with an agenda, and that these zealots are jews, and that jews should be blamed for the problems of the United States. That is what is meant by the statement made by the kids I knew and the adults I know now who committ that error.

I'm sorry if I added a little PC to your perfect counter culture world. I'm sorry to be so ignorant and inept as to question the clear jewry of America.

You and I won't be friends if you continue your ignorant rampage.

history *is* moralizing
You and I won't be friends if you continue your ignorant rampage.
judging by how quick you jump to conclusions,
same thing here - i'd be proud to be your enemy.

you react like the big majority i was criticizing in the post above, just like for example the "orthodox" sionists i see/read around.

my first example didn't contain
1) any hate
2) any conclusion at all
(the second one being about sionism in Israel, which is very different than anything else related to the Jews)

i was not saying people who use this sentence i cited are *never* antisemits, especially if it's the introduction to the conclusions and statements you mention in your post...
BUT such a sentence does NOT necessarily have to lead to anti-Jewish conclusion (take the example of a research about the percentage of origins of workers in different fields for a theoretical example), it can just be what it is, a statement.
YOU followed with YOUR conclusions, and like it or not, there ARE undeniable examples of sionist influence that on the press and medias, without going as far as saying that these are "totally controlled", like some, you're right, would assume.
if i were Woody Allen, you'd say i'm a traitor cuz i make politically incorrect jokes? or would you give me a right to just cuz i'd be a Jew?

I love the counter culture today, it's ok to hate jews now.
at least, looks like it's okay to be illogical and all emotional, which leads to being dumb.

and, were you not so quick to judge people, we could've talked, and i even actually agree with most things you say in your post:

First off, just because a large percentage of jews are involved with the media does NOT mean that they will jewify or distort the media.
agreed.

I'm pretty sure people who makes jokes like that will be burned in hell. And to the satisfaction of anyone who watches them burn.
if you belong to a religion that's happy to see people hurt and burn, your religion is condemned to burn itself, to MY satisfaction.
but NO religion is so mean, so you're just a bad believer.
plus you take it we all should believe in hell? alright, if you're one of the *chosen* ones!

I, for one, like any human being who actually looks at the situation can come to the very average intelligence solution that the jews shouldn't be taking the land from the Palestinians. It is already written in fact what is good and what isn't good, the Jews leaving the Gaza Strip is good.
yes, agreed. building a wall like they did in Berlin, that, is NO good.

Here is another thing, why should you care if Jews hold a large percentage of the media market shares?
personally, i don't really care. at second thought, i might find it an interesting question, why?
but i don't agree with the prohibition/censorship to just ask the question. even if some who ask that may have bad intentions, it's not the question in itself that's anti-Jewish or anything.

And, to tell the truth, being a Jew will probably give you a hand up in that culture. But here is another truth, if you are a mormon running for office in a mormon district against a non mormon you win, every time.
agreed.

That is what is meant by the statement made by the kids I knew and the adults I know now who committ that error.
okay, but i don't care if Hitler and Mussolini liked spaghettis, i love spaghettis anyway. meaning, the problem with those kids is their intention behind the words (not the question in itself). i reckon that's true for almost all words and statements. what counts is the intention.

Originally Posted by Misirlou
I never watched or desired to watch Red Eye, because I was pretty sure it would just end up being another crappy teen horror flick. Possibly more crappy than the average crappy teen horror flick and after watching Cursed I shall never trust Wes Craven ever again!!!
cursed was such stupid crap

but definitely at least RENT Red Eye, if you liked Cellular, Batman Begins, or Phone Booth (or maybe even Collateral) then you'll enjoy this

I liked Red Eye, I thought it was quite a change of pace for Craven, as it was much more of a psychological thriller than a horror flick. And I wouldn't categorize it as a teen movie at all. There's not a single teenager in the movie.

ET (yeah, I know, but I just don't wanna see it!)
The Godfather (don't know why...I like mob movies)
Schindler's List (just haven't felt like crying yet)
Anything by Hitchcock (well, I saw Psycho and The Birds scared the crap out of me when I was like 8).

Managed to miss Independence Day (what a piece of crap that was!) until about two months ago when hubby wanted me to see it.

Libby

anyone seen life aquatic? i don't know why but i have a feeling it's like the royal tanenbaums and i really didn't like that movie ( i don't care how you look at it, they were still brother and sister )

Put me in your pocket...
Lately I've been avoiding Crash. Can't seem to bring myself to rent this one...and I know I should.

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
How come no one avoided seeing "Stealth"? By the trailer I believe it's the second worst film made (Second only to "signs"). The only two possible ways any of you don't mentioned stealth it would be if:

-The movie was too lame so the american television avoided the trailer.
-The movie only got out there in Uncle Sam in VHS and no one ever heard of it.

If you don't know what is stealth so there goes:

"Stealth Premise/Synopsis:
Follows an artificial-intelligence program designed by the military to pilot jet planes and reduce the amount of human casualties but one of the AI pilots runs amok and starts killing people."

(taken from http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/s/stealth.htm)

There are pics in the link so go there to experience "stealth" in all its lameliness. (I can't gurantee that your computer don't get affected by massive virus swarms)
My avatar is the evil doctor whom tried to test if his dumbness potion he put in the water had worked. So he created a movie to defy the inteligence of the most lesser minded human beings he decided to call this movie "signs".

WTF????? signs was a whole lot better than stealth...theres no comparison man.

Chicagofrg.....nice man...completely agree with you on the whole Israel part. But then again I've been known to dislike all of Israel's political proceedings....or should I say violations of human rights.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Aniko
Lately I've been avoiding Crash. Can't seem to bring myself to rent this one...and I know I should.
I actually own Crash and have avoided watching it, through reasons of a bad memory over anything else...

I went to the DVD cupboard today and there it was, almost waving at me.

Definately this weekend. I definately might watch Crash.

Originally Posted by starrdarcy
Batman begins is really good?
No.

It's fantastic. Best movie of 2005. Buy the DVD today.

Sincerely,
Christopher Nolan

I already stated a movie I avoided seen but last friday, like every friday I went to the movie store to rent a movie (Friday until monday count as one-day-rent.). And I was there choosing one that aparently don't sucked so bad,then I see it. "Paparazzi", by the cover it seemed like a holliwood critics about paparazzi, maybe a love story, maybe drama. For some reason I gone to the DVD box over there and did as I always do before deciding renting a movie: Read the synopsis in the back of the box. Yuck. I decided to rent some "Safe" movies and see about the movie in google. Here what I found:

"Plot Outline: A rising Hollywood actor decides to take personal revenge against a group of four persistent photographers to make them pay for almost causing a personal tragedy involving his wife and son."

Not satisfied I looked for some quotes:

"Rex Harper: I am going to destroy your life and eat your soul. And I can't wait to do that."

"Zach Laramie: Why is Daddy on a magazine with a black thing covering his peepee?"
(From http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338325/)

And that day I decided to never ever look at that DVD box again. And decided today to help other people avoid this movie. And lived happy ever after.

If you read what I posted here and this gave an intense desire to watch the movie, look for professional help.

I avoid movies that have those psycho killers in them like The Shining, Silence Of The Lambs types.

Originally Posted by poppinfresh
I avoid movies that have those psycho killers in them like The Shining, Silence Of The Lambs types.
Why? A good example for a good movie of that kind is "Se7en", that movie is just too damm great. And Hannibal's movies aren't that bad. Well...in my opinion at least. You could watch one or two of the gender to see if you really dislike it y'know?

ive avoided seeing revolver. all my friends have said it was a pile of steaming crap. ive liked most of the other guy ritchie.. but i just havent gone to see
First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, well, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have... reproductive organs under those tiny, white pants. It's just so illogical, about being a Smurf, you know? I mean, what's the point of living... if you don't have a dick?

You're only as healthy as you feel
A clockwork orange : give me a break
Eyes wide shut: because nicole had her legs wide open