I'm Joining the Army

Tools    

Hey everybody. I haven't really told any of you about what I am going to be doing in the next few years. I will be going to Military School in West Virginia, then be joining the Army. I probably might be joining the Marines, but there is a solid chance of enlisting in the Army. Pretty much that's it. I got a letter from the Military School in West Virgina. They said that they are overpopulated right now. Believe it or not, they said they can't even except me until like 2012 (It's weird I know, I don't see how they are that overpopulated)

However, Military School in this case isn't going to be a "school" like most of them are. They call it Military School there, but it's actually a Military Academy (I am nearly 20). I will have to stay a student there for 2 years - So I will not be joining the Army until 2014 at the least. I think that most people on here that have been in the Army didn't even have to wait - Don't ask me why I have to wait for 2012. All I know is that they are currently and shall be over populated until mid 2011, and it can't go there until August 2012. So, any advice?

Incase you want to see this, this is word for word from my letter from the Military Academy I will be attending.

I am going to be an officer, that is why I am going to go to an academy first.

Dear Student,

We are glad that you have pre-registered before the year ends. Graduates that plan to join the military will do so when they leave after two years in the academy. You must stay in the academy (unless you wish to leave), for two years. However, after our best efforts, we can only let you enlist in our school in August 2012, for we are currently over populated. We would like to let you know as well that if we become unpopulated, we cannot allow you to join until the date listed above because the date has been permantely stated and it will reamain and so forth. We would like you to stay with us until the date given. You may and shall leave any time, or cancel anytime while you are at the academy. However, you will not graduate from the school. You are taking a step further into being enlisted. Everybody you talk to, all your friends - You are allowing their freedom in this land, as well as ensuring. Thank you, and good luck - America is proud of you.

Something just doesn't sound right with this to me.... did you graduate high school? And if so, thought about going to college?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I agree that this is weird. If you want to enlist, you can now, and you'll even be out before 2012. I'm not sure what advantages you get from going to this school. You don't need to go to a "military school" to join a service, unless you want to become an officer. On the other hand, enlisting now is a good way to have your future college paid for. I respect and appreciate everyone who has served our country, but it's probably the last thing I would counsel my daughter to do. Luckily for me, she's way ahead of me in that regard.

This is weird. I did some research and no Military School in the US is over-populated. They even keep control over that so the school doesn't become over crowded. I'm skeptic right now.

This is weird. I did some research and no Military School in the US is over-populated. They even keep control over that so the school doesn't become over crowded. I'm skeptic right now.

Yeah, I thought it a little odd too... if he really wants to go into the military, I've never known a recruiter who wouldn't bend over backwards, so to speak, to help someone join...

I would say, once a person decides to enlist in the military, they should go in within a few weeks.
Too many things can happen while waiting an extended amount of time.
Like having second thoughts.
Once you sign the enlistment contract, I believe it's a valid binding contract.
Good luck.

I would say, once a person decides to enlist in the military, they should go in within a few weeks.
Too many things can happen while waiting an extended amount of time.
Like having second thoughts.
Once you sign the enlistment contract, I believe it's a valid binding contract.
Good luck.
I'm still skeptic.

Unless it is a very specialized OCS position I do not know what you are talking about, and if it is, then you know what you are talking about. I do know that sometimes: the last person to know is the person who should know when it comes to the military, but it seems curious at best to me.

Good luck with your decision. Just make sure its the right one.

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Hey Aquadias wish you the best hun......you totally rock for fighting for this country and for all of us. Much respect and thanks for stepping up to the plate and enlisting! Good luck hun! LT

I think I am going to join the army too

So why are you joining the army?