Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
But Robert Downey Jr.'s scene in the Incredible Hulk was at the end of the movie, not after the credits. Pretty sure of that. Just sayin'.

But Robert Downey Jr.'s scene in the Incredible Hulk was at the end of the movie, not after the credits. Pretty sure of that. Just sayin'.
Technically the scene with Downey Jr was originally planned to be after the credits, but it got moved to right before. True...Filmonic should have re-worded their statement, or at least not said it was.

Brand New Insane, Crazy Teaser Trailer for [Rec] 2

Another second new shorter, crazier teaser trailer for [Rec] 2 has arrived courtesy of Twitch. The first announcement teaser was shown back in early June and it received quite an overwhelming response. This new teaser does feature a bit more footage, but not too much.

To watch the freaky new teaser trailer, click here.

[Rec] 2 is both written and directed by Spanish filmmakers Jaume Balagueró (The Dark, Fragile) and Paco Plaza (Second Name, Werewolf Hunter), who worked together to direct the first [Rec]. In addition to Balagueró and Plaza, writer Manu Díez worked on this screenplay as well. [Rec] 2 is shot and ready to go, but doesn't have a US distributor yet.

Source: FirstShowing.net

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
This movie looks awesome...watched the trailer and it looks great!!!!

Release Date Set for 'The Hangover 2'

The Hangover
Memorial Day 2011 will be the day the sequel of The Hangover hits theaters across North America. Variety broke the news in an article discussing about director Todd Phillips' next project following his success with the bachelor-party comedy, mentioning that the production of The Hangover 2 will start in October 2010.

The second "Hangover" movie will be tackled by Phillips after he is done with his other project Due Date. Confirmation of Phillips' return to do the follow-up of the comedy movie came one day after "The Hangover" got over the $210 million domestic gross mark and surpassed Wedding Crashers to become the second biggest grossing R-rated comedy ever in North America.

The Hangover 2 will be penned by Phillips and Scot Armstrong. The two were hired by Warner Bros. to do the scripting work when early test scores of "The Hangover" left the studio encouraged that it had a winner. Zach Galifanakis, Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms are all reprising their roles in the sequel.

"The Hangover" itself tells the story of three groomsmen tracing back their hazy memory to find their missing groom. After a night of wild bachelor party they set for Doug, three friends wake up with no memory of what has happened. All they know now, there is a tiger in the bathroom, a six-month-old baby in the closet of their suite, and Doug is gone without a trace. With little time to spare, they now have to trace back their hazy memory to figure out what went wrong and find Doug in time for him to walk down the aisle.

The Hangover 2 is scheduled to hit theaters May 26, 2011.

Source: Ace Showbiz

That movie made too much money not to have a sequel.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

'Orphanage' remake finds a director

The Orphanage
Actor-producer-director Larry Fessenden has signed on to helm "The Orphanage," New Line's remake of the Guillermo del Toro-produced Spanish-language horror movie.

Fessenden also has written the script with del Toro, who is producing the new film with Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson of Contrafilm.

The 2007 pic was directed by del Toro protege Juan Antonio Bayona and centered on a woman who, upon returning to the orphanage where she grew up, discovers that her son's imaginary friend is the same person who terrorized her when she was a child.

Fessenden's selection signals the out-of-the-box approach that del Toro and the studio are taking on the remake. They are eschewing another Spanish director to fill Bayona's shoes, and they are not putting the project in the hands of a commercial/music video helmer.

Rather, Fessenden, repped by WME and Renee Tab at Artist Talent Management, is a filmmaker who has worked in the low-budget horror world for some time, making such movies as "Wendigo" and "The Last Winter" while appearing in pics like "I See the Dead."

Del Toro and Fessenden know each other from the horror circuit, with del Toro's admiration of the triple-hyphenate's work leading him to handpick him for the directing gig; del Toro saw in him a filmmaker who understood the conventions of the horror genre and could execute a movie that would be as scary and disturbing as the original but in an American context.

Fessenden's selection also continues del Toro's predisposition toward mentoring up-and-comers or those on the fringe, as he did with Bayona and is doing with Andres Muschietti with "Mama," set up at Universal.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im so looking forward to the new Resident Evil film I do think it is a good series

I havent seen the original Orphanage film... but I think I should if they are re-making it.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
'Orphanage' remake finds a director
May I ask why? Why remake a film two years old? Granted, this isn't the first time, certainly not the last, but come on.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
May I ask why? Why remake a film two years old? Granted, this isn't the first time, certainly not the last, but come on.
I didnt realise the film was only 2 years old...

Welcome to the human race...
I think it's because of the fact that The Orphanage is in Spanish and if the producers want to make the story more accessible to Western moviegoers they'll have to remake it in English.

I think it's because of the fact that The Orphanage is in Spanish and if the producers want to make the story more accessible to Western moviegoers they'll have to remake it in English.
Or it was a solid enough idea and the majority of people haven't seen or know about or even, maybe, they recognise the name and see it thus Hollywood can regurgitate it for some moolah by stealing someone else's idea?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
So why not just release it dubbed? Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon wasn't released with English as the main track. It simply blows my mind that Hollywood will remake a newer movie only because they think they can get money out of it. How many foreign films are remakes of recent American films?

Insane ‘Machete’ Cast List Confirmed

It was an unconfirmed rumor a few weeks back, but it appears a lot of the rumblings behind some of the casting on ‘Machete’ has been confirmed. In an article on Variety today by Mike Fleming about Overnight Productions, it was revealed that not only would Robert De Niro be joining Danny Trejo in the film, but Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson and Jeff Fahey would also be playing supporting roles.

This answers a few questions people were asking when De Niro’s name came up previously. Primarily, if Fahey is returning, De Niro will not be playing Senator McLaughlin, unless, of course, Fahey has stepped aside to fill another role. A few of these names like Lohan and Rodriguez were also pretty much confirmed already. However, Seagal and Johnson have totally come out of nowhere. I cannot wait to see what role Robert Rodriguez has Seagal filling. This could be his chance at finally playing the villain.

One name peculiar by his absence is Jonah Hill, who was also rumored to be playing a character in the film.

‘Machete’ is currently in production and is set for release sometime in 2010. With names like De Niro and Alba on board, the chances of it going straight to DVD have thinned, so look for this one in your theaters.

Source: Variety via We Are Movie Geeks

TV Western Gunsmoke Gets A Big Screen Adaptation

The longest-running primetime series in history, The Simpsons, has already been turned into its own feature film. Now it's time for the runner-up to take a shot. Gunsmoke, the Western series that ran for 20 seasons and is probably still in re-runs somewhere, will be turned into a feature film by producer Craig Baumgarten.

Gregory Poirier, who wrote National Treasure: Book of Secrets, will be handling the screenplay for this one-- maybe they'll be seeking out hidden mysteries in the Old West? According to THR's Risky Biz Blog, the movie will still be set in the Old West but will have a more "contemporary look" and modern action.

Source: Cinema Blend

Tom Hanks won’t be in Spielberg’s Harvey

Earlier this week we learned that Steven Spielberg’s next directing gig would be Harvey, an adaptation of the Mary Chase Pulitzer Prize-winning play about a man who befriends a 6˝-foot-tall invisible rabbit. As expected, speculation began as to who Spielberg would cast in the lead role and we heard names such as Tom Hanks and Will Smith, however according to The Hollywood Reporter Hanks isn’t interested.

Tom Hanks won’t be the star of `Harvey,’ Steven Spielberg’s contemporary adaptation of the Mary Chase play.

It was widely speculated that Hanks would be Spielberg’s top choice to play Elwood P. Dowd, perhaps because the actor has a likeability factor comparable to Jimmy Stewart, who played the eccentric with the invisible giant rabbit friend in the 1950 film.

While it appears there was a conversation, Hanks and Spielberg won’t pursue it because Hanks is so identified with Stewart. The last thing he would want to do is star in a project so closely identified with the actor. Hanks didn’t even read the Jonathan Tropper script.

Insiders on the Fox-DreamWorks project said that despite press coverage that has fixated on why Spielberg would remake a film classic, the truth is, the Jonathan Tropper-scripted film that was developed by Fox 2000 is a contemporary story that is much closer in tone to the play than it is to that film.
Source: Filmonic

New Superman film will probably be in the works by 2011

Warner Bros., DC Comics and Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel (and his heirs) have been in a legal war over the Superman rights and money for a while, and now Warner Bros. and DC Comics have won a favorable ruling according to Variety:

In a decision announced Wednesday, U.S. Judge District Court Judge Stephen G. Larson found that the license fees the studio paid to corporate sibling DC Comics didn’t represent “sweetheart” deals as they weren’t below fair market value. That means the heirs will be able seek profits only from DC Comics — which earned $13.6 million from Warner Bros. for the 2006 release of “Superman Returns” — rather than from Warner Bros. as well.

The judge, who conducted a 10-day bench trial, also noted that Warner Bros. chairman Alan Horn had testified that he hopes to make another “Superman” movie but added that the property wasn’t under development at the studio, that no script had been written and that the earliest another “Superman” pic could be released would be in 2012.
For whatever reason the Superman rights will revert back to the Siegel estate and that of co-creator Joe Shuster in 2013, so Warner Bros. only have until 2011 to start work on another Superman movie otherwise they will lose the rights. They’ve had since 2006 to decide what they want to do next and nothing has happened, so if they want cash in with another Superman movie they will need to decide what they want to do soon. Will it be a sequel or a reboot? Whichever route they decide go down we will find out over the next 18 months.

Harold Ramis Talks Ghostbusters 3

Ramis has opened up to the Natalie Portman co-owned filmmaking website MakingOf.com. He talks candidly about Ghostbusters 3 where he discusses the effects of the new film (CGI, but used sparingly), why Ghostbusters Go To Hell never broke the surface, what needs to be included for him to be comfortable with the next movie and how to honor the original when they don’t absolutely need another Ghostbusters film.

Click here to watch Ramis talk GB3.