Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
It just had that one stupid scene with Mark Ruffalo getting angry about the story not running that felt like it was entirely removed from the tone of the film.
I actually liked it. He was just really angry for the kids who had been fiddled with, AND screwed by lawyers and the media and Canon. At the end I just sat there feeling jubilant for the win and really sad for the men, then I got hit by old catholic guilt from long ago when I felt happy Canon died two days ago.

I really liked this movie. I like films that make me think. Really liked Cob's review as well - I actually pondered that while watching it and wondered what people thought of that aspect.

I can't remember the Ruffalo scene, so can't commit. Here's a link to my review, it says how I feel about Spotlight and why it did deserve to win.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...34#post1556634
Good review, CR.

It's towards the end where Schriever tells them they have to sign off as is because the catholic church will crucify them and Ruffalo starts yelling at them then waltzs off. Very emotional and for me, the best acting I've seen from him.

Still hs the power to frighten me but god the camera work was beautiful.

This might just do nobody any good.
I forgot Leto was in that. Huh.

I do remember thinking Foster and Stewart were spot-on casting for mother and daughter.

I do remember thinking Foster and Stewart were spot-on casting for mother and daughter.
I didnt realise he was acting on screen back then.
Whittaker ws excellent nd so believable for me, and as much as I dont like stewart, she was really good. Looks like a young Michael Pitt twin. Bauchau's scene is still enough to make me rather nauseous.

I was pretty surprised to find out Leto was 45. He was Fight Club too.

Based off Panic Room I once posted a 2003 recast of Taxi Driver with Stewart as Iris (and Joaquin as Travis).

I was pretty surprised to find out Leto was 45. He was Fight Club too.

Based off Panic Room I once posted a 2003 recast of Taxi Driver with Stewart as Iris (and Joaquin as Travis).
Eh which chracter in Fight Club?

45 in Panic Room or 45 now? Either way he's a pretty young looking 45 year old. I wonder if he was the same sort of person back then - staying in character and doing bizarre things on set. I'm not sure Jodie would put up with that.

Did it deserve 1 or cant you rate less than 1 bucket? Really sounds terrible. Cannot believe Edgerton signed on to that. Tax problems?

45 now.

He played blonde guy who Edward Norton beats up. I forgot the character’s name.

45 now.

He played blonde guy who Edward Norton beats up. I forgot the character’s name.

Angel face. Not too angelic looking there, is he. I looked him up and he gets the line about bur\ring Bob ( Meat Loaf) in the garden.

Someone should make “burying meat loaf in the garden” their signature.

Probation (Richard Thorpe, 1932)
+
Contains some serious courting!

Cross-Examination (Richard Thorpe, 1932)

Watchable but one does have to ask questions of the reveal

Crash Pad (2017)

Still hs the power to frighten me but god the camera work was beautiful.
Love this movie!

I didn't recognize him until the end of the film!

Bright.

Liked the concept, the world-building, the music, and the dialogue between the two leads, but the editing and the breakneck pace really hurt it. It felt like 75% of this film is just action scenes. By the third act, I was exhausted. Still, what I liked I really liked, Edgerton and Smith have great chemistry and I really want to see these characters and this world in a better-told story.