Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Cinemas round here are run by people who have upgraded their jobs... from managing McDonald's to managing the cinema.

And are about 17 years old.

Cinema jobs in Britain are basically school-leaver jobs... like sweeping floors in fast-food outlets and working as a mop-jockey in petrol stations.

Cinemas round here are run by people who have upgraded their jobs... from managing McDonald's to managing the cinema.

And are about 17 years old.

Cinema jobs in Britain are basically school-leaver jobs... like sweeping floors in fast-food outlets and working as a mop-jockey in petrol stations.
those type of people work in the theatres here.. but its the corporation that sets the standards and the managers who abide by them.. there is no problem with contacting a corporate office because a manager of a theatre let something slip by.....

Nobody cares in Britain tbh.

Service sucks? Meh, let someone else complain.

Which is why nothing ever gets sorted out.

The manager of my local isn't old enough to watch most of the films they show and the workers he sits out the back with, smoking weed, are even younger... so how the hell would he be able to handle a situation with a 40 year old Chav covered in tattoos who keeps playing with his phone in the cinema, and myself, a 6ft 14stn 32 year old who wants the Chav chucked out...

So it's just best either to not say anything, or only go to the cinema when there's something you really really really want to see.

Nobody cares in Britain tbh.

Service sucks? Meh, let someone else complain.

Which is why nothing ever gets sorted out.

The manager of my local isn't old enough to watch most of the films they show and the workers he sits out the back with, smoking weed, are even younger... so how the hell would he be able to handle a situation with a 40 year old Chav covered in tattoos who keeps playing with his phone in the cinema, and myself, a 6ft 14stn 32 year old who wants the Chav chucked out...

So it's just best either to not say anything, or only go to the cinema when there's something you really really really want to see.
I understand.. it seems that most theatres around the world are like that.. my friend in Argentina said its very bad in his small town.... talking on cell, texting, kicking seats, just being loud overall..............

I'm waiting for the day I win the Lottery...

I'll build my own cinema and not let anyone in apart from me.

Not even my own kids will be allowed in

I'm waiting for the day I win the Lottery...

I'll build my own cinema and not let anyone in apart from me.

Not even my own kids will be allowed in
Can I go? I will bring some awesome foreign films.....

The room's like, 60ft long, 40ft wide, has a 30ft tall screen... and has one single chair at the back in the centre. Just for me.

You can bring your films round and lend them to me... but you can't come in and watch them.
lol Ok...

When I went to see Days Of Future Past, which is my first cinema trip since Man Of Steel... there was one pleb who kept taking his phone out and switching it on every 5 seconds. He wasn't recording, he was just farting around with it and checking Facebook and stuff.

A phone lighting up a few rows in front of you in a darkened room, constant talking, pissing about like children who've eaten too much sugar... it completely ruins the experience.
I agree about phones lighting up in a movie theater, but nothing's worse than the bluetooth devices. Luckily I rarely experience this (but then again, I rarely go to the movie theaters now) but I had to watch something one time and someone's bluetooth device (you know, hooked to their ear) kept FLASHING in my face.

I've mentioned this before here. It was the worst movie theater experience I've had. Crying babies -- at least they're young and can't help it. Nobody should have a f**king flashing bluetooth device on IN A MOVIE THEATER!

I agree about phones lighting up in a movie theater, but nothing's worse than the bluetooth devices. Luckily I rarely experience this (but then again, I rarely go to the movie theaters now) but I had to watch something one time and someone's bluetooth device (you know, hooked to their ear) kept FLASHING in my face.

I've mentioned this before here. It was the worst movie theater experience I've had. Crying babies -- at least they're young and can't help it. Nobody should have a f**king flashing bluetooth device on IN A MOVIE THEATER!
I can understand if you are going on a saturday afternoon to see a children's film and there is a crying baby..

I could tell you horror stories about adults who take their small children to see a evening film and not paying attention to them..

Like allowing the children to eat popcorn off the floor... in the aisleways..

My daughter once picked up a cigarette butt and tried to eat it when she was about 18 months old. I turned my back for like, 2 seconds. Luckily it was extinguished though.

She once got hold of the pub landlord's glass of brandy and downed it in one go like it was pop.

I hate toddlers

Ok... things that annoy me...

Companies that pay peanuts, get monkeys, and the service ends up being crap and they wonder why nobody likes their companies or working for them either.

It's usually big companies that do it. Fast food places, cinemas, big factories, large conglomerate superstores...

My daughter once picked up a cigarette butt and tried to eat it when she was about 18 months old. I turned my back for like, 2 seconds. Luckily it was extinguished though.

She once got hold of the pub landlord's glass of brandy and downed it in one go like it was pop.

I hate toddlers
the thing with children, is you have to teach them at an early age how to act out in public, at a restaurant or theatre.... My daughter was about 3 when they re-released the star wars films and she was the one who told me to "be quiet"... She was 9 yrs old and asked for us to take her to see "Gangs of New York" .. she was the only child in the theatre and many were shocked to see her there... but it was her film choice...

My kids tell me off sometimes too.

Stop smoking etc. I never listen though.

Sometimes I get "we can't do that and get told off for it... and you've just done it" (whatever it might be)...
My answer is usually "when you're the one paying the bills..."

My kids tell me off sometimes too.

Stop smoking etc. I never listen though.

Sometimes I get "we can't do that and get told off for it... and you've just done it" (whatever it might be)...
My answer is usually "when you're the one paying the bills..."

My daughter has always been around me.. she is a bit spoiled but she deserves what she gets.... great student in school and college. .. very responsible and smart... I can trust her with anything... and always could.. she's 21 yrs old now.. and on my checking account.. she is responsible with money.. she just doesn't spend.. she asked first before she buys anything....