The 2016 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

Legend in my own mind
Superb effort Suspect!!!

Surprised at the amount of presence for 'Arrival' as I thought it was bang average.

Seems like others did not.

I really liked Arrival. My big surprise is the big showing for The Nice Guys.
Same. The Nice Guys is an mystery-action-buddy-comedy-noir, was a box office disappointment released all the way back in May, is co-written and directed by the creator of Lethal Weapon and The Last Boy Scout, and yet here we are. A pleasant surprise all around.

Legend in my own mind
I really liked Arrival. My big surprise is the big showing for The Nice Guys.
I enjoyed the Nice guys but I think Gosling Crowe axis was the main factor in it being so good.

I saw The Nice Guys in theatres, and wasn't terrible impressed. It was the first film I knew would be one my Biggest Disappointment nominations when I started my list. I've been thinking about rewatching it since it was added to Netflix, but I'm never really in the mood to do so. I really enjoy the first two Lethal Weapon films and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, so I feel like I should like Nice Guys more than I do. But I don't.

Man, I knew Nice Guys was popular, and I expected it to sweep, but not best picture. I don't know why I haven't gotten to it yet, it looks right up my alley. I'll definitely watch it beforehand. I knew I, Daniel Blake would win in a lot of categories on here. Kind of shocked to see Silence for best picture, especially against giant favorites like Arrival, but it's a nice surprise. I think the closest to my list was for supporting actor, really pleased to see Ben Foster, if I was in charge of things he would've been nominated for the Oscar instead of Bridges.

Legend in my own mind
Really am perplexed by the love in for 'Arrival'. I was bored in parts and I thought that the conclusion was nonsensical.
Maybe the problem lies with me?
Nah

Really am perplexed by the love in for 'Arrival'. I was bored in parts and I thought that the conclusion was nonsensical.
Maybe the problem lies with me?
Nah
No. You're one hundred percent right.

It is you.

The movies I'm missing are:

- The Neon Demon - missing like 40 minutes tops, so voting in its category should be no problem; especially because I have no desire to ever finish it...
- Sing Street - will all those noms I really look forward to it.
- Hail, Caesar!
- Silence
- Toni Erdmann
- I, Daniel Blake
- Nocturnal Animals
- Suicide Squad
- Independence Day: Resurgance - won't watch this one...
- Tower - huge surprise to see this one here. I really look forward to it.
- Fences
- Ghostbusters, Gods of Egypt - won't waste time on either.

Legend in my own mind
No. You're one hundred percent right.

It is you.
I just don't think it is

Think those that like it, like to think that it's complex and edgy. It isn't.

I guess people just like different stuff.

I just don't think it is

Think those that like it, like to think that it's complex and edgy. It isn't.
Hey, not true! Damn you, Sarge!

I am, however, pretty damn edgy. Just look at me in middle school.

Lame emo kids are neither male, nor female. They're soulless, genderless creatures that live off of Tim Burton, and Invader Zim.

And Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodles. Don't forget the Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodles.

On an extravagant day and they fancy doing some real cooking, they have Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle sandwiches.

If we just ignore the awards, and turn this into everyone roasting my awful preteen self I wouldn't be offended whatsoever.

Unless Moonlight wins all of them, save for most overrated. I'll stick around for that.

The biggest surprise here is that Tower got nominated for Best Animated Feature. It looks good and I'd like to see it, but I genuinely wasn't expecting it to show up here.
I helped that one. Check it out if you get the chance. It's a great film.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."